7.5

1. RowanQ.
    Oct 12, 2008
    Vast improvement over the last game. My only real gripe is the camera and the fact that Rallen and the Spectrobes keep sliding when you control them. Other than that, this is truly an excellent game. Great graphics, great gameplay, great fun!
  2. Oct 5, 2014
    One of the best games I have ever played, played through the whole game and just loved collecting all the Spectrobes. One of my most memorable gaming experiences.
  3. Oct 8, 2015
    I can't explain it but... I love this game!
    The battle system, Graphics, sound and World design is WAY BETTER than the last game.
    And as a sequel i think that is what Counts.

#40 Most Discussed DS Game of 2008
#39 Most Shared DS Game of 2008

1. Given that there are several different planets to explore, myriad sidequests and optional bosses, and a ton of Spectrobes to collect, the micro-managing collectioneer will find plenty of game in Spectrobes: Beyond the Portals. It's just too bad that not one, but two clumsy combat systems and a cluttered UI detract from an excavation mechanic which provides some of the most fun that can be had with a touch screen and stylus.
    The series has improved significantly from the first game, and if Jupiter keeps this up I can see Spectrobes becoming an awesome series.
  3. Spectrobes: Beyond the Portals is a pretty substantial improvement over its predecessor, offering a great 3D aesthetic, fast-paced combat, an interesting fossil digging mechanic, and fun multiplayer elements.