6.7

1. Jun 2, 2015
    The startup of the game, menu and interface may give a bit of a cheap impression, but the game itself is awsome! The gameplay is fun and extremely action packed for a racing game! Driving on twisted tracks at high speeds while doing tricks and crushing opponents is just so satisfying and different, that once I start up this game, I can't lay it down in the next hour.
    There is also lots
    There is also lots of unlockable stuff.
    As you only start with 1 driver and 1 car, you unlock more by earning more fans, which is sort of a currency in this game. Also there are lots of different modes which you can switch to if you would get bored with the other ones.
    Definitely not what I expected from a movie licensed game which's movie isn't all that great either...
    Only reason why it loses some points is again: that the menu and overall interface could use some polish/ look a bit more sharp.

A forgiving, kid-friendly experience. Any times I somehow fell off the course were balanced by the times I probably should have, but didn't. Since you never actually explode, it's pretty much mindless fun, even when dealing with AI that always seems to manage to catch up.
  2. Speed Racer The Videogame is surprisingly good. Very good. It blends fun gameplay with superb graphics. Its biggest problem is that there isn't more to play; the single player can be conquered in a fairly short period of time, and the lack of a story means there isn't a whole lot of pay-off for doing so.
  3. While those negatives seem significant on paper, the reality is that when you're actually playing, you'll find that the game's intensity has a way of luring you back for more.