Spitfire Heroes: Tales of the Royal Air Force DS

tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 3 more ratings

1. Feb 9, 2015
    Spit Fire Heroes is one of the worst games I've ever played. I bought this game in late 2008, and man what a mistake that was.
    This game consists of 10 "missions". In these missions you and only you must eliminate hordes upon hordes upon hordes of ground,air, and naval enemies with 3 lives. The missions will have you defending points such as "cities" (aka cubes of various colors) or attacking hordes of planes/boats/tanks. The difficulty of this game ramps up to the extreme past the 5th mission and becomes nearly impossible to continue playing. The missions in this game are boring, and incredibly difficult, and not even worth your time.

The graphics are primarily just large squares of various colors. Oh one second someones ringing my phone. Oh hey its 1996! They want their 3d graphics back. Only the planes models look acceptable.

The sound "effects" are absolutely terrible. Whenever something gets shot, it makes the sound of a tin can being kicked. The engine sound is just a 3 second loop of an industrial fan. The firing of your guns also sounds like a tin can being hit. I'm fairly certain there are less then 10 sound effects in this game.

There is a multiplayer feature of this game, and it looks like it would be pretty cool, If it had download play compatibility. Multiplayer in this game requires 1+ other people making the sad mistake of owning this game, hence why I cannot speak for it.

Is there ANYTHING good this game has to offer? Fortunately for the game, Yes. Gallery lets you view all the planes in the game, and gives you the background, specs, and history of them. Unfortunately, There are only 8 planes in the gallery to view, and both the tanks and the ships are left out.

This game is a complete disaster. It's far too difficult, its incredibly boring, The graphics are terrible (except for the plane models) and the sound effects are non existent. The experience of playing this game draws many striking similarities to Big rigs. What you get when you buy this game is a gallery of 8 planes with some facts about them, and the cartridge. This game is relatively glitch free, and it deserves no more then a 2/10. I don't recommend anyone play or buy this game unless bad games are your thing.

1. A decidedly capable arcade-style flyer that’s a bit short on content, but big on tight gameplay and challenge. If you can find someone to play the multiplayer modes with, you’ll be better served by this title, but the singe-player campaign is well worth playing as well.
    It handles well enough, and the missions provide a hefty amount of challenge, but it's ultimately repetitive and short.
  3. Spitfire Heroes’ gameplay can be confusing and annoying all at once.