7.3

1. Mar 14, 2014
    This game is near perfect for what it is. There is a lot of play time in this small package. The gameplay's beauty is its simplicity. There is a small lacking sense of variety, but the gameplay is so great you dont really notice except in long sessions. There is a lot to do here as far as going through and getting perfect clears on every level. There are some strange difficulty spikes (aThis game is near perfect for what it is. There is a lot of play time in this small package. The gameplay's beauty is its simplicity. There is a small lacking sense of variety, but the gameplay is so great you dont really notice except in long sessions. There is a lot to do here as far as going through and getting perfect clears on every level. There are some strange difficulty spikes (a few levels I swear are impossible to get perfects on) but I would certainly recommend this game to anyone who enjoys tower defense. Expand
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    If you're a fan of tower defence games, in my opinion this is the best of the bunch. The tower defence concept is a pretty basic concept, but this game does it as well as it can possibly be done. I believe there are about 30 levels in total, and once you're done you'll want to go back and perfect every one of them. The DSi/3DS is the perfect console for this game as it's great to playIf you're a fan of tower defence games, in my opinion this is the best of the bunch. The tower defence concept is a pretty basic concept, but this game does it as well as it can possibly be done. I believe there are about 30 levels in total, and once you're done you'll want to go back and perfect every one of them. The DSi/3DS is the perfect console for this game as it's great to play in bed, at work or on the go. Hopefully they'll make a sequel with more guns and more levels because there's only so many times you can keep playing the same levels and i don't feel ready to end my relationship with this game. Expand
  3. Apr 28, 2013
    Really fun game. I've loved it. At first it's simple enough that anyone can jump in and get the hang of it, but then it gets challenging enough that it's still fun for more advanced players.

1. Q Games has increased their streak to three — Starship Patrol is yet another great addition to the DSiWare library and a game you should definitely consider picking up if you have the slightest bit of interest in the tower defense genre.
  2. One of the best Tower Defence games of the year, with fast-paced action and deep, addictive strategy.
  3. Starship Patrol presents a package of rare calibre on DSiWare, a game that, through its tight breadth and expansive depths, would make for a worthy defining title on a service still trying to find its identity.