Suikoden Tierkreis DS

• Release Date: Mar 17, 2009
7.4

1. WallidK
    Mar 31, 2009
    There have been a lot of good RPGs lately like Dragon Quest V and Avalon Code for the DS, but Suikoden Tierkreis is more in the "average range". To tell you the truth, if these games never came out, I probably would ave scored Sukoden higher, bt compared to these awesome games things don't really stack up. Yes, the graphics and cutscenes are nice, but its been done already, and there There have been a lot of good RPGs lately like Dragon Quest V and Avalon Code for the DS, but Suikoden Tierkreis is more in the "average range". To tell you the truth, if these games never came out, I probably would ave scored Sukoden higher, bt compared to these awesome games things don't really stack up. Yes, the graphics and cutscenes are nice, but its been done already, and there are a lot of flaws that marr the experience. First of all, the voice acting is pretty bad - even for a DS game. Seriously, I could have done a better VO of the main character. Second, the battles are WAY too easy and require no expertise. Lastly, out of the 108 people you can get in the game, you'll probably really use no more than 20 or so. Despite this, however, the game can be very epic at times that I admit rivals these top games, but in the end, fails to impress, ESPECIALLY with the other Suikoden titles. Definitely rent this one first. Expand

#22 Most Discussed DS Game of 2009
#41 Most Shared DS Game of 2009

1. Nintendo Power
    As much as I grumble about its flaws, Tierkreis's epic scope and engaging narrative did keep me playing, eager to see what would happen next. [Apr 2009, p.86]
    If you want a great DS RPG, and don’t mind that it’s not the true Suikoden many of us have grown up with, Tierkreis is still very much the real deal. You’d be hard-pressed to find a DS game as well produced, beautiful, or polished as this.
  3. Suikoden Tierkreis is not what its name suggests. It's not a Suikoden game, and it lacks the depth and charm of the original series. As a spin-off, it's interesting and rather fun, but there are several downturns: technical flaws, extremely easy combats, and a not so interesting story. The Suikoden series deserves something better.