Suikoden Tierkreis DS

• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Mar 17, 2009
7.4

1. Mar 16, 2016
    This is the best DS jrpg i've ever played.
    I should admit that the main Scenario is not really great.
    However the video game soundtracks and characters are brilliantly good. (The sound quality is awful because of DS's hardware or something.) But this game gave me back interest on Suikoden franchise. I rated it 8.5 out 10 since there are not many good rpg games on DS. but If i
    This is the best DS jrpg i've ever played.
    I should admit that the main Scenario is not really great.
    However the video game soundtracks and characters are brilliantly good.
    (The sound quality is awful because of DS's hardware or something.)
    But this game gave me back interest on Suikoden franchise.

I rated it 8.5 out 10 since there are not many good rpg games on DS. but If i compare this game to pc and other console rpg games, the score will be 7 out of 10.
  2. Aug 28, 2012
    This is one of the best DS RPG's I've played in a long time. The game is epic in size and presentation. What it manages to achieve on the tiny DS cart is outstanding to say the least. Practically every conversation is voice recorded, that is an achievement in itself. The voice acting however is hit and miss at the best of times. Most characters lend a great voice to the cast, however a fewThis is one of the best DS RPG's I've played in a long time. The game is epic in size and presentation. What it manages to achieve on the tiny DS cart is outstanding to say the least. Practically every conversation is voice recorded, that is an achievement in itself. The voice acting however is hit and miss at the best of times. Most characters lend a great voice to the cast, however a few really drag it down. It's a shame that one of the few voices that aggravate happens to belong to the protagonist. The voice skips a mile a minute, it's so fast that I was thankful text accompanied it to be able to tell what was being said. Gameplay wise the game is really solid, sometimes you may encounter a bit of grind in order to get past some of the harder bosses, but this was never too laborious or tedious and was almost a breath of fresh air, as most RPG's made these days tend to make enemies far too easy to defeat. The random encounters, however, seem to be too frequent and do get on the annoying side. The story is fantastic and is constantly throwing twists and turns at the gamer, the length of the story is incredible for a DS RPG too. The graphics are average in battle and outside of it, nothing ever really wows the gamer as character models and backgrounds are so - so. The art style makes up for the lack in technical ability in the graphics department. Overall this is one of the best DS RPG's i've played and is most definitely a game i'd recommend to everyone who owns the system, good luck finding it on shelves though. Expand
  3. Jun 8, 2011
    This game is my favorite.to me this game is the best jrpg game yet.i'd rather play as a girl but the main character is a boy which i had to stick with.obviously.when i started the game i thought it wasnt nice but when i continued to play it more i totally did not want to stop.i like the fact that you can have a castle and name it,you can have you're own company and name it.when i finishedThis game is my favorite.to me this game is the best jrpg game yet.i'd rather play as a girl but the main character is a boy which i had to stick with.obviously.when i started the game i thought it wasnt nice but when i continued to play it more i totally did not want to stop.i like the fact that you can have a castle and name it,you can have you're own company and name it.when i finished the game it was an awesome ending.and i learned something from this game that helped me in my daily life.you'll now it when you play it. Collapse
  4. jh
    Jul 5, 2009
    Especially meaty for a DS game. RPGs this long are rare on the 360 and PS3, surprising to see something like this on the DS. Personally, I felt the storyline was on par with the rest of the franchise, I definitely preferred S:DS over Suikoden IV and Tactics.

Ignore Teletext, they represent one of the largest conglomerate of morons in the world. They are very biased toward casual games like Final Fantasy, or casual games in general. Don't expect them to like games that have narrative too complex for their pea brains.
  5. JesúsM.
    May 13, 2009
    A great RPG, Is some way easier thn others in te market, but it is for a younger audience then them, te big number of characters You can use is some times excessive, but is fun to try bizarre combination between all, The graphics are just an add on, wich, by the way are quite good for a DS. One of the best RPGs for the console.
  6. CammyC
    May 1, 2009
    The voice acting was hilariously bad.... At some point I just tried to click through the thing. It's like the voice of every character except the one I was playing sounded decent... 0.0. I have never played another game from this series before. I do admit the battle system is ridiculously easy. You don't even have to really level up your characters. I've had to work harder The voice acting was hilariously bad.... At some point I just tried to click through the thing. It's like the voice of every character except the one I was playing sounded decent... 0.0. I have never played another game from this series before. I do admit the battle system is ridiculously easy. You don't even have to really level up your characters. I've had to work harder in pokemon games to win battles than in this one for the most part. There are some times where I wish I had leveled my characters up because there was a bit of item abuse. It's a very quick paced game. That's what I like about it. I'm not wandering about aimlessly or having to look on the internet for a walkthrough... Besides the voice acting this is a decent game. There is a variety of characters. The story is interesting. I'm actually going to try to see if the voice acting was bad in other languages. If it isn't bad in German then the rating will go up. It's addictive. It's one of the better games I've played for the DS. Expand
  7. WallidK
    Mar 31, 2009
    There have been a lot of good RPGs lately like Dragon Quest V and Avalon Code for the DS, but Suikoden Tierkreis is more in the "average range". To tell you the truth, if these games never came out, I probably would ave scored Sukoden higher, bt compared to these awesome games things don't really stack up. Yes, the graphics and cutscenes are nice, but its been done already, and there There have been a lot of good RPGs lately like Dragon Quest V and Avalon Code for the DS, but Suikoden Tierkreis is more in the "average range". To tell you the truth, if these games never came out, I probably would ave scored Sukoden higher, bt compared to these awesome games things don't really stack up. Yes, the graphics and cutscenes are nice, but its been done already, and there are a lot of flaws that marr the experience. First of all, the voice acting is pretty bad - even for a DS game. Seriously, I could have done a better VO of the main character. Second, the battles are WAY too easy and require no expertise. Lastly, out of the 108 people you can get in the game, you'll probably really use no more than 20 or so. Despite this, however, the game can be very epic at times that I admit rivals these top games, but in the end, fails to impress, ESPECIALLY with the other Suikoden titles. Definitely rent this one first. Expand
  8. chucknega
    Mar 30, 2009
    I love this game and any fan of the Suikoden series would be crazy not to play this game. Very very addicting and provides hours and hours of playing time! This is a very solid title for the DS, which has been been on fire since the start of the year with other games like Chinatown Wars and Final Fantasy.
  9. Jun 8, 2011

#22 Most Discussed DS Game of 2009
#43 Most Shared DS Game of 2009

1. Nintendo Power
    As much as I grumble about its flaws, Tierkreis's epic scope and engaging narrative did keep me playing, eager to see what would happen next. [Apr 2009, p.86]
    If you want a great DS RPG, and don’t mind that it’s not the true Suikoden many of us have grown up with, Tierkreis is still very much the real deal. You’d be hard-pressed to find a DS game as well produced, beautiful, or polished as this.
  3. Suikoden Tierkreis is not what its name suggests. It's not a Suikoden game, and it lacks the depth and charm of the original series. As a spin-off, it's interesting and rather fun, but there are several downturns: technical flaws, extremely easy combats, and a not so interesting story. The Suikoden series deserves something better.