Tenchu: Dark Secret DS

5.1

1. YiuC.H.
    Aug 9, 2007
    Seriously, I managed to play the game till the end. I wont say this is good or bad (sitting on the fence), but rather it kept me occupied for somewhat 5 or so hours. While you are half way through the game, you will find yourself laying multiple traps, waiting for the enemy to walk pass (and hoping that they wont change their walking route in the process), as it is not possible to one hit Seriously, I managed to play the game till the end. I wont say this is good or bad (sitting on the fence), but rather it kept me occupied for somewhat 5 or so hours. While you are half way through the game, you will find yourself laying multiple traps, waiting for the enemy to walk pass (and hoping that they wont change their walking route in the process), as it is not possible to one hit KO an enemy while back stabbing, and using projectiles and foods are a waste of resources. Anyway, the game play is quite a monotone (even boss fighting is a mass spam of traps) and unless you like to hear the sound of bandits or ghouls flying on your traps, look elsewhere. Expand

#50 Most Discussed DS Game of 2006

1. The characters have no personality whatsoever. The missions are a joke; the ridiculously horrible AI makes beating every objective a five-minute walk in the park at best.
  2. Nintendo Power
    But it's a really watered-down take on sttealth gameplay, and annother disappointing installment in a once highly regarded franchise. [Oct. 2006, p.91]
    An awful attempt to cash in on a relatively good name. The AI is about as intelligent as a pet rock, the graphics are incredibly bland and dull, the music is quite annoying and I get to barter in REAL TIME on the INTERNET.