8.0

1. May 29, 2014
    The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass makes excellent use of the DS touch screen. The gameplay is more or less what you would expect from the series which is definitely a good thing. Some complain about the Temple of the Ocean King getting repetitive but I thought it added something new to the gameplay.
  2. Aug 24, 2010
    So imaginative for such a limited handheld! Blowing into the mic, the slate as porting, drawing to open doors and most of all the items you get to use and what you do with them in the dungeons are, again, really imaginative. The game is on the easy side (like for the kids) and you really can do without the side-quests as it doesn't really help you to finish the game so in a sense it is unbalanced, and I HATED the Ocean Temple revisits with a passion (or as much as I could muster), but overall I still give this game a nine+, just because it was done on a really limited DS. Expand
  3. Oct 4, 2010
    This is a great- first- run for a Zelda DS title! I love that they continued the story from Wind Waker. The gameplay is very unique for a DS title and it's humor is wonderful. The graphics are very impressive and the music is very well done.

The only problem I have with the title is the whole hourglass concept. The later dungeons can get pretty tedious while you race against time to get
    to the boss. Expand
  4. Oct 22, 2010
    What I have to say, is this game is awesome. The game is exiting and great for entertainment. A problem though, is that this game is really puzzle-ish, and so you might have to find a walk-through.

This one might help: http://faqs.ign.com/articles/843/843071p1.html

There is also a place where you have to go a LOt, and it gets boring after a while.
  5. Jan 28, 2011
    The first Zelda game I' ve ever finished and I feel so great doing it. The audio, characters, story, the puzzles... everything is so well done and they are so perfectly together!!!

I am anxious to play Spirit Tracks and I started playing Twilight Princess because of this great game.
  6. May 9, 2011
    The all-touch interface has pretty much been perfected the first time around with this - my mom has always wanted to play an epic adventure game, but never could handle the 3D movement and graphics of Ocarina of Time. She's used to her iPhone, though, so when I handed her this the touch-only controls worked perfectly for her! She's really excited to play it now. It's fairly easy as far as Zeldas go, but it's really enjoyable the whole way through, and being able to draw on your map adds a whole new dimension to the dungeons (not to mention how awesome the dual-screen boss fights are). Yeah, you have to redo one temple a bunch of times, but as you gain new abilities you find new items and learn how to bypass whole sections - it provides a fun sense of your progress in abilities. A great and epic adventure! Expand
  7. May 27, 2011
    I found this game when I was browsing Target for a game I could play with my stylus since my D-Pad was broken. I picked up and bought this, and it was a BLAST to play. Slashing with Link's trusty sword felt smoother then ever with the stylus, and impressive graphics touch this game off nicely.
  8. Dec 5, 2011
    Great game overall, but one of the worst Zelda games (in a good way). The story is very nice, but the lack of side quests, make it a very short game. Zelda games are known for their gameplay, and this game is no exception. The unique controls really show off what the DS can do.
  9. Oct 15, 2011
    gets the title of the best zelda game to compete with mm, rush out, buy it, cause i cant deny the awesomeness, not as good as dq 9, hgss or layton 3, but i was rly harsh, but this is sensational, so go get out and buy this and spirit tracks!!!

96%
  10. Jun 16, 2014
    wen i in da field of africa and i travel 2 da america i wish i can se dah zeldo. wen i travel 2 da america i ask for da zeldo and dey giv me dis. now i vary hapy an i bring dis gam bac 2 africa. it was best gam of mah life oder than rhino hunting. but soon giraffe eat it now i sad

1. There are many excellent games on the DS but few masterpieces. This one, though, is a masterpiece. And worth every penny you'll pay for it. [JPN Import]
  2. 20 of the finest gaming hours of the year. [Dec 2007, p.42]
  3. It's a game that should be seen from start to finish, if only to witness some of the finest level and puzzle concoctions ever to grace a Zelda game and, without question, the finest single-player experience to grace the DS. [JPN Import; Sept 2007, p.68] Hourglass drips quality and innovation, no DS owner should be without it. [Dec 2007, p.62]