The Legendary Starfy DS

8.4

1. Aug 6, 2016
    For a Children's game, the legendary Starfy is a great platform that definitely challenged me as a young kid, and is also an enjoyable experience with its smooth graphics and lovely music. I could not recommend this game for older players or an experienced gamer as it is far to easy then. But as a kids game it is worth getting.
  2. Dec 22, 2015
    While not great, this game certainly can keep you captivated throughout with it's simple, yet fun gameplay charming graphics, and just all around good feel. The comic book aesthetics in the cutscenes are also a nice touch.
  3. Jan 23, 2015
    This game is a classic and definitely worth playing, and completing

PROS
    -Simple Concept
    -Fun bosses
    -Nice story

CONS
    -Okay graphics .
  4. Apr 8, 2014
    Beautiful characters, story, fair difficulty, hard if your going for 100%, but not too hard, wonderful mini-games, loveable characters, this is one of the best ds games of all time!
  5. Mar 22, 2012
    For kids I would give this a solid 8, it's easy, colorful, and has an easy to follow story line. For adults, or just experienced gamers, this game is just too easy. I feel like I am playing a game with infinite lives and power ups enabled, I don't think I could die if I tried. And there is too much dialogue.
  6. Dec 13, 2011
    I think it is a great game but the final boss is hard it has great controls. I play this game a lot.This game is awesome. I am stuck on the final boss.
  7. Jul 25, 2011
    This game is a little on the easy side an is obviously targeted at a younger audience, but don't let that shy away you from this great platformer. The comic-book cutscenes are neat, and the graphics are colorful.
  8. Jun 21, 2011
    This is a great game and Nintendo's best kept secret. I really hope the other 4 get localized or at the very least someone brave soul composes a fan translation. The marine platform concept is a joy and the characters are so fun to follow. The comic book cutscenes were fantastic and gave it a very unique flair. Please go out and support this franchise!
  9. Oct 7, 2010
    When I first started playing this game it was very exciting but after a while it kinda gets boring. The graphics are pretty good and I have to admit that Starfy is very cute. If you have some spare time before bed and just want to play a cute little Kirby type game just to chill out with pick this up for sure. I've had tons of fun with this game.
  10. LOLzWut
    Dec 26, 2009
    This game makes me wanna play it over and over again! The cute characters and the funny animals are so cool, i just want to explode. If you like kirby, donkey kong, mario, anything like that; you will LOVE starfy. i thoroughly enjoyed this game and hope it continues to shine.
  11. EvanT
    Jun 18, 2009
    Really solid game, though obviously targeted at a demographic about 10 years younger than me. Good gameplay, acceptable graphics (nothing groundbreaking but no glitches). I actually enjoyed playing it, which is more than I can say for a lot of current games. It's just really f'ing easy.
  12. JeffS
    Jun 16, 2009
    an underwater Kirby, who can hold his own. 9/10 For sure.
  13. JM
    Jun 13, 2009
    This game provides solid, wonderful, and cute platforming fun. I can not recommend enough. On the surface it seems like a cutesy simple platformer, but as you get further the difficulty level goes up and it becomes a fun challenge. This game is really awesome!
  14. MyronA
    Jun 12, 2009
    I've only played Starfy for like maybe an hour' or so last night and I must say that it's a pretty good game so far. To me some parts don't have that Nintendo polish that I'm accustomed to (a very small potion). The full motion video for instance is really cruddy, not only the video quality itself but more so the actual action that takes place in the video. They I've only played Starfy for like maybe an hour' or so last night and I must say that it's a pretty good game so far. To me some parts don't have that Nintendo polish that I'm accustomed to (a very small potion). The full motion video for instance is really cruddy, not only the video quality itself but more so the actual action that takes place in the video. They could've told a better story in the cut scenes through 3-D cel-shaded models like the one's that show up in "dress-up" portion of the game. That's were you can customize 3D version of Starfy and his sister with clothes and accessories you find throughout the game (it's pretty cool). The game play is a bit relaxed; I like it like that, though. In my old age (I'm almost 36) my "gaming tastes" have mellowed. I'm a former "DieHard" Nintendo fanatic but I'm still a huge fan of Nintendo and they're games (the NES days were the best). I've just aged gracefully in my gaming years I guess; I've let go of all but my platformer and puzzle games like The NEW Super Mario Bros., Super Princess Peach, Yoshi Island, Henry Hatsworth and Meteos just to name a few. This game is very relaxed and calm. There is no real stress that I've seen so far. People have compared it to Kirby. It does feel a little like Kirby Squeak Squad to me (another great DS game). The 3D backgrounds mesh very well with the hand-drawn foreground (though I wish the 3D portions had that cel-shaded look you see else where, it would've looked even better. So, if you like Kirby games then you'll probably like this one as well. If you haven't played one of them see if you can find a GameStop with a used copy and ask them to let you sample it to see if you like it. Or if they won't let you do that, just buy it and try it out right there in the store then ask for you money back (I say just keep it, it's good too). I can't tell you very much about the game since I'm not very far into it but I wanted to put something up since there are only 2 reviews here so far. Read IGN's they speak highly of it, and rightly so. Expand
  15. Mar 22, 2012

#12 Most Discussed DS Game of 2009
#16 Most Shared DS Game of 2009

1. Nintendo Power
    A solid, well-made game that will provide hours of relaxing fun. [July 2009, p.89]
    For those looking for another impressive core Nintendo franchise to obsess about for the next few dozen years, Starfy is your man. Combining some of the best elements from games like Kirby, Donkey Kong Country, Little Nemo, and Mario himself, TOSE’s latest offering is a DS gem, and brings about more content and diversity than almost any other sidescroller on the system.
  3. If you can appreciate a unique and silly platforming experience that doesn't take itself too seriously, you'd be hard-pressed to find a more endearing title than The Legendary Starfy.