The New York Times Crosswords DS

6.7

1. KenS.
    Jun 6, 2007
    1000+ crosswords for $30! Plus the user interface is fun and easy to use.
  2. PuzzlerPlayer
    Jun 7, 2007
    Insanely fun. My wife and I play against each other via download play all the time. Highly recommended to crossword lovers everywhere.
  3. TimC.
    Jul 11, 2007
    Very fun. If you're a crossword fan and a DS owner, this is a must own. But beware - the challenge hasn't been dumbed down for a younger audience at all. This is the real NY Times, rated on a Monday through Sunday difficulty scale. So be prepared for some hard puzzles. I only have a couple minor qualms. When the game was announced, I was hoping for a more minimalist / Brain Very fun. If you're a crossword fan and a DS owner, this is a must own. But beware - the challenge hasn't been dumbed down for a younger audience at all. This is the real NY Times, rated on a Monday through Sunday difficulty scale. So be prepared for some hard puzzles. I only have a couple minor qualms. When the game was announced, I was hoping for a more minimalist / Brain Age-y look and feel to the game. Maybe something that echoed the look of the NY Times newspaper. Instead, it's more playful and colorful, which is ok, but not all that nice to look at. Wi-Fi connections to download new puzzles would have been a killer addition. And a simpler game like this really belongs at the $20 price point. Expand
  4. Noah
    Jun 13, 2007
    The only thing missing that would make this perfect would be to use the Wi-Fi in the DS to browse and download crossword files *from* the Times' website, if you had paid for a online crossword subscription.

#69 Most Discussed DS Game of 2007

Exactly what it sets out to be: an archive of a thousand crossword puzzles from the New York Times, reproduced on the Nintendo DS in compact form.
  2. A great game that should appeal to those zealots and casual players that eat this stuff up. The features and game modes offer a lot of options, the presentation is excellent and the text-recognition actually works and works fast.
  3. With a great interface and the best source material possible, The New York Times Crosswords is a must-have for any crossword fan on the go.