4.8

1. Apr 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Holy Jesus Christ. This game is a mockery. I thought the Sims 2 Strangetown hotel was bad but this is low. My dad got me this game (Shows how much he loves me) and since it was the sims I thought "This looks good. Your on an island and you need to get out. cool". How dumb was I. Basically, You customise your sim to begin with. I know the right word is castawy but I dont give a flying And it already ****s up here. You customise everything. Hair-OK, Shirt-OK, Short-OK Shoes-wait...WHY DO I NEED TO PICK THIS. you might as well start with bare feet because you lose your shoes anyway. What a ****ing joke. And how do you get on an island. You fall in a box. Well at least you not as dumb as Lester the Unlikely when he falls asleep on cargo but you equally as dumb. The boat goes through a storm, You fall off get out the box and swim for the island of...name not included. And this is where hell is unleashed. It is confusing and can drain so much of the players sanity. On the island, There are 4 other people stranded. I cant remember all of there stories but to. And I only know this because there are pictures that tell you. The first person you meet, the doctor, is needing medicine. and you need to get ingredients for her. Her story, btw, is that she was on a balloon that it somehow burst and she landed on the island, you needed medicine...Why, you need bandages to fix your broken arms and legs unless that was a strong painkiller that makes you forget that and feel no pain no matter how bad. The second person is a gardner, she was in a tornado and ended up on the island. Shame she didnt end up in Oz that way I wouldn't need to put up with her, "I need bananas, plant it next to my bed and come back every day to water it and then take 5 bananas of it and give them to me. I would do it myself but you came along and now you can do it for me. You also have a chef and a woman who had all of her clothes stolen by monkeys and you have to make new clothes for her. WHY THE It is dumb and being inspired by Castlevania 2 Simons Quest, Day and night transitions are in this game. There not as slow but still pretty bad. A video review will hopefully be made where everything will be killed but that will be a while but do not buy this game. The minigames suck, The story sucks, the graphics suck and the Game is BIGGEST WASTE OF TIME!!! and if you want to know the ending. You find a pirate ship where you and the others sail away on it and then the game ends. and when you are done with the story, Just like what KateG said, you are only 30% done. How do you get 100%? complete the side missions and collect everything. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! IT IS A ****ING ABOMINATION TO THE DS LIBRARY AND POSSIBLY THE WORST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand

The game is not graphically very impressive, but the environments are well done. It's a nice mix of a Sim game and an adventure game, even if it is a little slow.
  2. The Sims gets a survival game. A neat package of exploration and item-finding, but one that does get a bit tedious for all but the keenest of collectors.
  3. As playable as the Wii version. But without some of the Wii game's key features, it feels a bit flat. [Christmas 2007, p.50]