6.6

1. Apr 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game to me was...bad. It is aggrevating and is a mockery to a series that is really promising and seems like EA's money pig, that is actually fun. Sorry Sonic. But this game is not good at all. The game starts you off driving into Strangetown when your car breaks down. You are greeted by the mechanic of the town (I think) and he says you can stay at the hotel as he fixes it (which he doesnt). It turns out that the manager has left the hotel no reason that the hotel was a and wasnt making money and you are left in charge after you power up the hotel with plutonium rods which you luckily dont suffer from an radiation poisoning as you have no protectioN. You then relise that a retarded alien is trying to take over strangetown but is easily defeated by...water. Yeah...and then after that, you are a hero and suddenly take to your duties as a manger.
    Now this game has a lot of issues that I have to bring up.
    1. The story: If you read my Sims 2 PSP review, I have said that the story is pretty dark at some points and it does have that charm that I love so much. This game does not. I didnt care for the story that much because it was not interesting. The first main part where a mafia boss rents the penthouse is possibly the best part but thats it mainly it. Which is worse is to progress, you need to build room which not only costs money but time. Ans if you think, well speed it up, you cant, well not in the game but that leads to my second issue.
    2. Time: The time is in real time. The sims franchise should never be in real time. This also becomes rage inducing when you are building a room and you have to wait 8 hours for it to be built. You can put time forward to make it easier but do not turn it back. Sure the room will still be there but then you have to fight the poor excuse for aliens. Which is annoying because if you get too close you will be abducted, possibly anal probed and put back to the managers suit. If you want to do this, make sure all the rooms are built before you tun back time. It is alot easier.
    3. Your room: Your room is small...and No wonder the manager left. You can only put a maximum of 15 things in your room and it doesnt even look appealling. Its awful.
    4. The guest: They complain, have mood swings and over all, think you are satan. OK, maybe not the last thing but they are annoying. they constantly call saying that a gang is in town which if you dont have the rat cave, your screwed, sumthing has been stolen or want you to do a challenge to findd a treasure chest in the desert which I can never can and they become smug THAT MAKES YOUR LIFE A MISERY. They are also dumb "Help my room is on fire" how, you dont have anything in your room that can cause a fire. Some guests are so depressed, they set there room on fire cause their sick of life. And this is a, what kids game? Thats nice to teah them. Sick of life, burn yourself. Your parents wont mind. It also doesnt help when they get angry and you have a small amount of time to calm them doen before they destroy your Nice. I wont pay you for the damage, I will let you waste your hard earned cash and buy me a new toilet. its overall, ****e
    5. The shop: There is barely anything here. There are new things every day and a special piece of furniture every month but it is boring. I just dont like it.
    6. Skill points: Do you want to read a mechanical book to gain skill, yes. Does this game have that no. This is the most rage inducing part of the game I hate this gimic. It makes it worse. It also doesnt help that you need 5 mechanical skills to break into the penthouse to get blueprints to destroy the final boss at the end of the game. I spent 6 months on my first playthrough trying to find them, They are hard to find and there is no clear idea on where they will spawn. IT IS AGGRIVATING!!!
    Its a shame that there is so much because the gamblng minigames are fun and the last boss is an evil robot who spawns other robots who try and kill you and that is pretty cool. It is a huge shame. If you want it, go ahead but I doubt you will find any enjoyment out of this game. And this is where the games for the DS started to get worse and worse.

It's a little clumsy in control in some places (the Alien Invasion and Ratticator missions are particularly cumbersome), but the interface works well in others, and even with the departure from some more traditional Sims elements, the game still feels a part of the same world.
  2. A pretty compelling game on the Nintendo DS. It is structured enough to give you some purpose in what you’re doing but contains enough of the more open-endedness of the other modes to keep things interesting.
  3. There are still the variables in the game, like how you choose to interact with other people, but the game is fairly limited.