The Sims 3 DS

6.4

1. Apr 15, 2011
    I thought that the sims 2 on the ds was one of the best games of all time. Sims 3 was sort of a dissapoontment. it pains me that the sequel to two of the greatest ds games of all time is flawed. It is actually scaled back from sims 2. The graphics are worse, its less fun and they took out the multiplayer from sims 2. it is bigger and has mire to do but it is so much slower and quantityI thought that the sims 2 on the ds was one of the best games of all time. Sims 3 was sort of a dissapoontment. it pains me that the sequel to two of the greatest ds games of all time is flawed. It is actually scaled back from sims 2. The graphics are worse, its less fun and they took out the multiplayer from sims 2. it is bigger and has mire to do but it is so much slower and quantity over quality. It is not a bad game. It still can keep you engaged fir hours at a time but it's not as good as sims 2 which was playable for days at a time (I never tried because I have a life but it is addictive) I hope ea makes the sims 4 as good as sism 2 or they sh.ould just nit do iT, Expand
  2. May 8, 2011
    Didn't like the graphic in the game too much, especially in the face of the character when you're creating them, not a lot of clothes or different styles. Difficult to control, too many things to press, (ex: when you're making your character talk, or eat, you have to confirm or deny by pressing the check or X in the bottom of the touch screen, and when you're using the stylus, you don'tDidn't like the graphic in the game too much, especially in the face of the character when you're creating them, not a lot of clothes or different styles. Difficult to control, too many things to press, (ex: when you're making your character talk, or eat, you have to confirm or deny by pressing the check or X in the bottom of the touch screen, and when you're using the stylus, you don't always see it there. Can be slow when your Sim is driving to another place on the map. There's no fast forward button.
    Just an OK game. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
  3. Dec 17, 2011
    I was very surprised with the game, this ds game was very entertaining, and I enjoyed it. Although the outfit selection is slim, I enjoyed riding in the passenger seat of my car playing my favorite game. This game, to me, is worth spending the money on!
  4. May 27, 2012
    I bought Sims 3 thinking it would be somewhat similar to the PC version, I was terribly wrong. The graphics are way off and the way housing works, it is very limiting to what you can build/buy. Not only that but a couple of times it crashed for me, and the only good thing about this is how fishing works which is kind of addicting if you are into it. The creativity is very limited, as thereI bought Sims 3 thinking it would be somewhat similar to the PC version, I was terribly wrong. The graphics are way off and the way housing works, it is very limiting to what you can build/buy. Not only that but a couple of times it crashed for me, and the only good thing about this is how fishing works which is kind of addicting if you are into it. The creativity is very limited, as there are not as many things that you can buy than some other versions. Collapse

#20 Most Discussed DS Game of 2010
#23 Most Shared DS Game of 2010

1. Mar 9, 2011
    The Sims 3 provides the first open-world experience in the series for a Nintendo handheld, and does quite a good job of it, with enough options, subtlety, neighbours and mini-objectives that there's always something interesting to do. However, the content is limited to a somewhat narrow framework, and overall it's not immersive enough to provide anything much more complex than the original PC game.
  2. Nintendo Gamer
    Feb 6, 2011
    A decent portable version. [Christmas 2010, p.74]
  3. Jan 13, 2011
    All in all, The Sims 3 for the DS is probably the most worthwhile handheld port of the series yet, and gamers who want to play the Sims but don't have a game-worthy computer or stationary console system can finally enjoy some of the proper Sims experience. If you've already got the heftier PC or console versions, though, I wouldn't bother unless you're really dying to Sim on the go.