8.2

1. Jun 20, 2013
    The plot is interesting, the art is good, and the characters are fairly good, if a little unmemorable. My main issue with this game is that it seems to have had a lot more cut scenes and dialogue than actual game play, and, the game play can get VERY difficult, so, it's not a good game for players who aren't very good at puzzles. It felt much more like a novel or graphic novel than a game.
  2. Apr 30, 2012
    Plays more like a tech demo than an actual game. Utterly bland on almost every single account - avoid like a plague! Oh, and if you ever want to show off the DS features to your friends, there are still much better games out there (like WarioWare).
  3. Jun 9, 2011
    I can't say I hate this game or even dislike it, but I really can't get into it. I'm sure there's something greater there, but I personally am not too fond of it. I generally like slower games where you have to really think about everything and take your time with certain things, but something about this already seems extremely predictable and unenjoyable. But that's only my personalI can't say I hate this game or even dislike it, but I really can't get into it. I'm sure there's something greater there, but I personally am not too fond of it. I generally like slower games where you have to really think about everything and take your time with certain things, but something about this already seems extremely predictable and unenjoyable. But that's only my personal opinion. As for the visuals and the art - it is simply beautiful, but besides that I'm having trouble finding anything else about this game that's really worth while. Collapse
  4. Jun 1, 2011
    Not bad for a first year DS game, it uses the functions of the DS well. It's prequel, Hotel Dusk, improves upon the gameplay and story and is superior, but Trace Memory should be given a shot if you like adventure games. I will pick up Another Code R, Trace Memory's sequel... if it's ever released in North America..
  5. Mar 29, 2011
    i'm more of a fps gamer, but this game holds a special place in my heart since it was the first adventure game i played... it's one of those underrated japanese games that i tend to ignore on gaming sites and magazines, but sometimes they can be worth the effort
  6. Jun 9, 2011

Less avant-garde than "Indigo Prophecy," far less self-important than "Myst V," Trace Memory is the very definition of a safe, comfortable, middle-of-the-road experience.
  2. It's involved, it's long, it's original, and it represents another milestone in console gaming history - the first time that anyone has truly made a PC-style adventure game work on a handheld.
  3. If you’re not the biggest adventure fan in the world (like myself) then the various puzzles will often have you slamming the DS shut in frustration, but for some strange and unapparent reason I kept coming back for more.