• Publisher: Atlus

Jun 18, 2006
    I was so really forward to Trauma Center, but I
  2. NicoN.
    Jun 22, 2007
    I really enjoy this game. I love how they made the timer and the heart rate to make it challenging. I'm in a program for "smart kids"so I normally bead games easily,but this is a true challenge.The only thing is they talk WAAAY to long.
  3. JayN.
    Oct 4, 2005
    A great game with a complementry story that lives up to what is come to be expected from Altus. With gameplay that cannot be experienced anywhere else but on the DS and it's new style, Trauma Center is a great game that any DS owner should at least try once.
  4. TonyG.
    Mar 26, 2006
    as nasty as is is, it is real fun. who would think? this game has me hooked. this is going to be a real rarity one day. happy i got it now before i will have to pay big bucks on ebay in the near future. for people who think it is gross, cut it out!
  5. NinaS.
    May 5, 2006
    A really nice game. Only operation 2.1 is really hard, i understood the thing you have to do, but it is soooooo hard!
  6. DrewF.
    Dec 7, 2005
    Tremendously oroginal game that fits the DS system AND portable gaming in general perfectly. The (normally) 5 minute time limit make it a game that's perfect for picking it up and wasting away 5-10 minutes of your time. The challenge level is high, and at times maddening, but it makes completing a level that much more satisfying. Only reason it's not getting a 10 is because Tremendously oroginal game that fits the DS system AND portable gaming in general perfectly. The (normally) 5 minute time limit make it a game that's perfect for picking it up and wasting away 5-10 minutes of your time. The challenge level is high, and at times maddening, but it makes completing a level that much more satisfying. Only reason it's not getting a 10 is because there are a COUPLE of touchscreen elements that don't quite work properly (i'm thinking of the magnification). Still, if you have a DS and can find this game, it gets my highest recommendation possible. Let's begin the operation! Expand
  7. JoshuaG.
    Jul 15, 2006
    The best DS game I have played. It's very difficult, but Atlus managed to find a way to make it just a little too hard on every mission, so that the player is constantly improving. The gameplay is frantic and riveting. As the story progresses, the you'll find youself learning to grab the right tool without thinking about it and doing better than you could have predicted. The best DS game I have played. It's very difficult, but Atlus managed to find a way to make it just a little too hard on every mission, so that the player is constantly improving. The gameplay is frantic and riveting. As the story progresses, the you'll find youself learning to grab the right tool without thinking about it and doing better than you could have predicted. Frustrating? Yes, at times. But so incredibly fun that you won't want to stop until you beat that mission. Just one more try. Expand
  8. DaveW.
    Jan 12, 2007
    An overall great surgery sim weakened by frustratingly tedious dialog interruptions, controls that demand slightly more precision than the touch screen can offer, and a bizarre science fiction skew to the story. If you're easily frustrated or prone to wrist strain, stay away from this game.
  9. RichardP.
    May 21, 2007
    Innovative and one of the best experiences on any console. Although it's on the DS, some of the stressful progressing operations can really make you sweat as the heartbeat begins to drop and time is against you. As you progress through the game you feel like a pr0 surgeon learning more and more quick and clever ways to save patients. The storyline takes one or two unexpected twists Innovative and one of the best experiences on any console. Although it's on the DS, some of the stressful progressing operations can really make you sweat as the heartbeat begins to drop and time is against you. As you progress through the game you feel like a pr0 surgeon learning more and more quick and clever ways to save patients. The storyline takes one or two unexpected twists (I had no idea there were a surgery sim would have super natural elements wtf mate, it's fab). But the massive glaring problem with this game is the need for repetition and spiking difficultly. If you fair an operation you have to repeat it from the beginning (some can last about 15 / 20 mins which is a real kick). As operations progress sometimes the patient suffers a heart attack or similar and you have to suddenly work mega hard. It's tense and involving but it is these kind of bits which cause you to fail and sometimes fail again and again. Practice pays off but some bits are a little too difficult. Because the game is just an on going storyline if you get stuck the appeal fades fast. But despite this, if you can overcome the one or two mega tough bits this is one of the best games around for it's innovation and involvement. And just when you think the game is just one operation after another it throws a non human op into the mix - pleasingly inventive. Expand
  10. LucasE.
    Nov 5, 2005
    Trauma Center is by far the most criative and addictive DS game. It has intense, fast action, an involving story and a real challenging gameplay. Oh, and it is incredibly fun too. Dr. Derek Stiles is just a newbie surgeon and will already discover that he has ancient healing powers that will help him defeat the GUILT, new "parasites" made by terrorists. If I say more than that, I'll Trauma Center is by far the most criative and addictive DS game. It has intense, fast action, an involving story and a real challenging gameplay. Oh, and it is incredibly fun too. Dr. Derek Stiles is just a newbie surgeon and will already discover that he has ancient healing powers that will help him defeat the GUILT, new "parasites" made by terrorists. If I say more than that, I'll spoil all the fun. The visual is realistic, both the characters and organs. The soundtrack gets on your mind and suits well the situation. There are a lot of tools you can use, but you won't get lost during the surgeries or wonder what to do. The nurse on the top screen will always be of help on the first levels to help you know what to do. The gameplay is fast and intense, with a difficulty that will sometimes make you stab the patient with anger. But why not ten? As hard as it is for me to admit, there are a few points that aren't perfect. The story is really deep, but it ends fast, although there are 7 extra stages when you complete it (all of them so hard it'll drive you nuts). One other thing that I didn't like was the excess of GUILT surgeries. There should be more of these that aren't GUILT-related. There are some stages that aren't related to these parasites, and some aren't even surgeries, but they aren't enough. Trauma Center is an awesome game, but it shouldn't be so short. Too bad. Expand
  11. TomJ.
    Oct 5, 2005
    Best. Game. Ever
  12. LukasS.
    Aug 4, 2006
    I really LOVE this game. Its definetly one of my favourite games.
  13. KevinR.
    Aug 8, 2006
    Innovative and fun, but some of the challenges are too similar to previous ones, and it is far too short (like almost every other DS game, unfortunately...) Also, some of the missions in the game are nothing short of infuriating, so make sure you bring your patience, 'cause you WILL need it.
  14. ShereeC.
    Feb 28, 2007
    Fantastic game. Graphics are great, the use of the stylus is brilliant and the feeling of pressure because you are against the clock is nerve wracking. Only criticism, the cut scenes can be a bit long winded.
  15. ThomasChan
    Feb 12, 2008
    Trauma center is one of my favorite games for the Nintendo DS. It is a very good game and is highly addictive. The story is very interesting and I am playing it over and over again for the past week.
    Make sure you have finish all of your work first before you start playing it!
  16. MichaelL.
    Nov 5, 2005
    This is a great game if your into trauma.
  17. ShinnA.
    Oct 25, 2005
    Trauma Center is one of those games that goes the extra mile and produces a title that could only be on the DS. the touch surgergies have just enough difficulty to make them very satisfying, and the story isn't all that bad (even if you aren't a fan of anime). This is a most worthy title that every DS enthusiast should own, if only to see this genre of games thrive.
    Oct 29, 2005
    This and Castlevania is the best game out for the DS.
  19. JessS.
    Jan 28, 2006
    Wow. This game really drew me in and made me feel emotional during all of those surgeries. It's very difficult, so sometimes it takes dozens of tries to get through a single operation. Still, the graphics and innovative controls are some of the best out there for Nintendo DS.
  20. JackL.
    Jul 25, 2006
    This game is awesome! The challenge is fun, and solving the G.U.I.L.T. (mysterious outbreak) is very fun. One thing is that everybody does not remember to help the patient's vitals. I know I forgot to alot, and ended up very frustrated, but the blue medicine that you inject is a lifesaver!
  21. MattS.
    Aug 21, 2006
    Great game, but at times too hard. I beat it (stuck on this mission called X1) and some of the "diseases" you have to fight are basically puzzles. For example, a worm in the persons body that you must keep cutting in half, therefore reducing their vitals, until it is small enough to extrack. these missions are hard, but not unbeatable.
  22. WilliamV.
    May 31, 2007
    The game gives you great variety, challenge, and value. The gameplay easily makes you nervous as you start to run out of time. While the diseases seem more like they were puzzles that were converted into some parasite, they're still fun to operate on and provide a lot of challenge. It also has a lot of replay value, which many DS games lack. Definitley one of the best titles on the The game gives you great variety, challenge, and value. The gameplay easily makes you nervous as you start to run out of time. While the diseases seem more like they were puzzles that were converted into some parasite, they're still fun to operate on and provide a lot of challenge. It also has a lot of replay value, which many DS games lack. Definitley one of the best titles on the DS, and my second favorite. Expand
  23. AnonymousMC
    Nov 7, 2008
    If you have a DS, and don't have this game, why are you just sitting there? Go and buy it right now and prepare for a game that will last for ages. It's a challenge, and can be frustrating, but what, do you think surgeons can cut a patient open and sew them shut and call it a day? No. They have to live with frustration, too.
  24. BrianK.
    Nov 14, 2005
    Truly innovative title with gameplay that could only work on the DS. The story is straight out of Japan, hence the odd GUILT virus. Don't go looking for a realistic surgery sim. It ain't here. Still, the game is fun and as orginal as all get out. The graphics are decent and the control is tight. The only downside is that it goes from challenging to maddeningly hard in the blink Truly innovative title with gameplay that could only work on the DS. The story is straight out of Japan, hence the odd GUILT virus. Don't go looking for a realistic surgery sim. It ain't here. Still, the game is fun and as orginal as all get out. The graphics are decent and the control is tight. The only downside is that it goes from challenging to maddeningly hard in the blink of an eye. If you can figure out how to get past the killer stages, you'll have a great time. Supposedly the game is getting quite hard to find so if you're interested, you'd better track it down soon or else eBay might be your only option. Expand
  25. JanH.
    Dec 27, 2005
    You should all thank the DS for forcing innovation down your throats. I love my psp, but it's taken a backseat to games like Trauma Center, Kirby: Canvas Curse, and Nintendogs. Anyway, this game is unique, fast-paced, and fun. You won't find an experience like this elsewhere.
  26. Mar 10, 2011
    This is my favorite DS game.
  27. Nov 3, 2014
    This game is a diamond among not only NDS but all the devices with a touch-pad. Dynamical mechanics combined with an interesting story would grant a lot of unique and exciting experience to most of the gamers.
  28. Oct 15, 2011
    one of the finest ds games gets a 94%, the only thing is they may use medical terms you may not understand, such as use the huialklbvbaihfsocbhauitaoibc, and you dont know what a huialklbvbaihfsocbhautiaoibc is, so you run out os time using the cutteropenerthingthatyoudontknowwhatitdoes and kill the patinet... but, an overally very satisfying

1. I never thought a game could get so intense using a stylus. [Oct 2005]
    Even if needles make you squeamish or you feel faint at the sight of blood, Trauma Center is a cure for what has been a spell of mediocrity on the DS. [Nov 2005, p.131]
  3. It's the fast-paced, procedure driven puzzling gameplay really sets Trauma Center apart. [Oct 2005, p.154]