• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Nov 18, 2005
7.2

1. SuperSean
    Jan 30, 2006
    I really liked this, I found that some of the problems in the GCN version was too much action, not enough puzzles, and the touch screen puzzles are awesome. The split thing is brilliant. I don;t know who would use scratch, I do admit that it is impossible to integrate the scrach attsck in to battle, but just don't use it. I also found it's a little easier then the GCN version, I really liked this, I found that some of the problems in the GCN version was too much action, not enough puzzles, and the touch screen puzzles are awesome. The split thing is brilliant. I don;t know who would use scratch, I do admit that it is impossible to integrate the scrach attsck in to battle, but just don't use it. I also found it's a little easier then the GCN version, great purchase, got it on sale for 20. Expand
  2. JoshR.
    Nov 9, 2005
    Action/Puzzle is always a good thing. You have your entertainment both visually and mentally, and without the long drawn out collecting in Adventure games.
  3. AramisG.
    Nov 23, 2005
    This game looks fantastic on the DS. Like Kirby, it finds creative ways to make you use the touch screen in the heat of action. A really fun little game that appears to be underapperciated.
  4. Feb 19, 2016
    First viewtiful joe game i played! not knowing the story i enjoyed it graphics was great, puzzle elements slowed me down a little but the boss fights and the unlockable moves kept me going, the final fight was not all that hard but i enjoyed the game! i recommend anyone who is curious about it give it a try.
    Not a long game, but really fun! The only thing that holds it back is that there isnt much to do after you beat it out just to replay it on a harder difficulty and buy more moves that you couldn't get on your first play through.

#31 Most Discussed DS Game of 2005
#10 Most Shared DS Game of 2005

1. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    Does a pretty good job of walking the line between reheated leftovers and fresh meat. [Dec 2005, p.178]
  2. Nintendo Power
    Graphically, Double Trouble looks great, providing another example of the DS's polygonal capabilities - and though there is slowdown, it's fairly minimal. [Dec 2005, p.110]
    You're not really getting anything new, but you are getting a solid action game using a tried-and-true formula that's really difficult not to like.