6.8

1. Aug 24, 2014
    This game is the sort of game you'd only want to play if you had nothing better on you. The controls are confusing, the game fails to explain them (there isn't even a help menu!), you die in one hit with no chance of survival, and all in all, it's boring and frustrating. Even worse, the game is very flat and boring, having very little variation on the gameplay- something that I adore inThis game is the sort of game you'd only want to play if you had nothing better on you. The controls are confusing, the game fails to explain them (there isn't even a help menu!), you die in one hit with no chance of survival, and all in all, it's boring and frustrating. Even worse, the game is very flat and boring, having very little variation on the gameplay- something that I adore in games. The only thing it has going for it is the pretty graphics. Otherwise, the game feels soulless and flat; it seems more like a quick attempt to pop the round-nosed dinosaur on the DS than an actual, full-fledged game. Expand
  2. Nov 13, 2013
    I hate this game! It is a pile of with 4 mini games and no fun. I don't recommend it for anyone in their right mind. Traded this in for a $5 game, and saved a lot of money and had a lot more fun.
  3. LawrenceP.
    Aug 16, 2007
    Lots of people don't like the omission of a story mode, which is understandable, but really the game stands alone perfectly well without one. In fact, I have serious doubts about whether a story mode would work, given the game's unique style. That aside, the game is brilliant. Arcade gameplay doesn't get any better, or more inventive, than this. Using only the stylus, a Lots of people don't like the omission of a story mode, which is understandable, but really the game stands alone perfectly well without one. In fact, I have serious doubts about whether a story mode would work, given the game's unique style. That aside, the game is brilliant. Arcade gameplay doesn't get any better, or more inventive, than this. Using only the stylus, a wide variety of different actions can be achieved--jumping, drawing clouds, capturing items and enemies in bubbles, and throwing eggs. And while that simple array of moves may seem spare when compared to Yoshi's previous adventures, never before have they been integrated so elegantly, and the environments change frequently keeping the gameplay fresh and challenging. The inclusion of several different gameplay modes also helps to keep the game from growing stale. And did I mention how ludicrously addictive it is? Expand
  4. MaryeS.
    Mar 10, 2007
    Hard to figure out at first, you die too easily, gets frustrating and then gets boring. And I've only played it for a few minutes. Will probably return it for a different game. Not recommended for children. My 8 year old (who I bought it for) would have trouble figuring it out.
  5. Framikaze
    Dec 16, 2006
    Really a good game.I'm addicted to it! It's also an anti-stress...when you are nervous try to play it...surely you 'll make tons of records.
  6. TonyG.
    Apr 8, 2006
    awsome gameplay. this is nintendo at thier finest. original, fun, and very responsive. boards do change up alot also ... so it is not the smae game over and over again. totally addicting game. was worried it wpould be no good. boy was i wrong.
  7. AlanW.
    Jan 1, 2006
    Comes across as more of a tech demo than a game, and it's not even an impressive tech demo at that. Touch and Go will hold your attention for about five minutes. Dire.
  8. DavidW.
    Aug 23, 2005
    The psuedosequel to Yoshi's Island. When I'm bored, I'll pop it into my DS and then enjoy the Yoshi love... for an hour or two, at which point I'll burn out and get bored with it, spend an hour on sites like these... and then boot it up again. I was expecting a full-blown story mode like Canvas Curse, but instead it's all arcade-style 1st and 2nd player... In The psuedosequel to Yoshi's Island. When I'm bored, I'll pop it into my DS and then enjoy the Yoshi love... for an hour or two, at which point I'll burn out and get bored with it, spend an hour on sites like these... and then boot it up again. I was expecting a full-blown story mode like Canvas Curse, but instead it's all arcade-style 1st and 2nd player... In retrospect, that play style helps make it different from Canvas Curse [which is what it will be compared to] and more worth buying for those who already have Canvas Curse. An interesting feature is that it will notify you if anyone near you is on PictoChat. It's a nice touch. Expand
  9. TeppoN.
    Jul 7, 2005
    The best Nintendo DS game. Ever!
  10. AdrianH.
    Jun 29, 2005
    A stunning puzzler that is cronically mis-understood. A lack of story mode could upset some, but the puzzle outlook makes it fresh and long lasting. Really shows off the DS features.
  11. StuartL.
    Jun 24, 2005
    The only thing bad about this game is the lack of story mode. If it had that it would have been getting 9s or higher.
  12. MarkB.
    Jun 16, 2005
    A sheer delight. A much needed breath of fresh air for the platform genre, a true original. It is a joy to play. It's only drawback is that for some reason Nintendo is pretending that this is a puzzle game. It's not. It's a 2-D action platformer and one of the best I've ever played. So why are there no levels, bosses, of plotlines? It's still an excellent game, A sheer delight. A much needed breath of fresh air for the platform genre, a true original. It is a joy to play. It's only drawback is that for some reason Nintendo is pretending that this is a puzzle game. It's not. It's a 2-D action platformer and one of the best I've ever played. So why are there no levels, bosses, of plotlines? It's still an excellent game, and marathon mode is great. It never ends and the areas change enough to keep the game interesting. I love the randomly generated level design. Expand
  13. MattM.
    Jun 11, 2005
    I really like the gameplay, but there just isn't enough to do. If this was a deeper game it could easily snag a nine or ten. Overall, not enough, but what is there is solid.
  14. PaulScottodiP.
    May 27, 2005
    This is my favorite DS game ever. It is cute, and you can play with it for a long time... I haven't gotten bored with it yet...
  15. JariH.
    May 25, 2005
    A Great game, getting better high-score´s keep game interesting.
  16. AlexJ.
    May 13, 2005
    This game has potentially the most original gameplay mechanics of all time. Its highly intuitive and addictive, and inspite of it only having two stages it's lasted me long enough! Great fun, well done again nintendo for producing yet another quality ds product.
  17. T.G.
    Apr 16, 2005
    These reviewers are puffing the la la or something... this game is great.
  18. Wallkick
    Mar 22, 2005
    At first, not very good, but as you play, the game get more and more addictive.
  19. Supersean
    Mar 18, 2005
    Fun, Not Amazing, but it's got good music, pleasent graphics, good controls. Definitely Buy it! Good Replay Value!
  20. Pazzle
    Mar 6, 2005
    Famitsu have this right, its a great game.

1. I have to hand it to Nintendo for making another creative product, but it's more like a mini game than a complete DS title.
  2. 9 / 8 / 9 / 9 - 35 platinum [Jan 2005]
  3. Mixes elements of classic Mario games and sidescrolling shooters with touch screen controls for an experience like you’ve never played before.