Advance Wars Game Boy Advance
9.0

1. Jun 28, 2014
    one of the finest GBA games i have ever played in my life. the controls work perfect, there is much taught put into the story and the music is one of the best one the system. i love it!
  2. Apr 25, 2014
    WiiU owners: get it now! The game is great, simple but it works so well. Many different modes, in depth strategy. If you love the genre, you'll love this game.
  3. Oct 27, 2011
    First time I chose to play a game with a different genre in a while; IGN made me get this game for giving it their highest score for a GBA game (9.9/10), and I thank them; the first time I played this, I was hooked; the tutorial mode is definitely essential; what really makes this game worthwhile is it's so long, and has so many maps to play on; you can play multiplayer in one system,First time I chose to play a game with a different genre in a while; IGN made me get this game for giving it their highest score for a GBA game (9.9/10), and I thank them; the first time I played this, I was hooked; the tutorial mode is definitely essential; what really makes this game worthwhile is it's so long, and has so many maps to play on; you can play multiplayer in one system, taking turns, which is great; it is definitely an intense game and one of the best games ever made Expand
  4. Mar 15, 2011
    oh t joy on my face when it arrived from amazon, yay i have it. Well worth it as you will probably spend hours on end figuring out the later puzzles. I enjoyed it even more as i picked it up for a fiver!
  5. JoeT.
    Aug 14, 2007
    A highly addictive, yet extremely complex game for the GBA. This game perfectly fits the mold of 'easy to learn, hard to master'.
  6. JeffreyW.
    Dec 14, 2005
    This game was the best. It had all kinds of things to make a game the best, I can not put it down.
  7. AndrewD.
    Oct 6, 2005
    I think this game was amazing i just wonder why they stopped making it i was gunna buy it..... but then i couldnt find any.
  8. Chachisan
    Aug 13, 2005
    If you've never played this game before, do yourself a favor and buy it, play it, and experience it. It doesn't matter if you're a Nintendo lover or hater. This is one of those games that will exercise your brain while you're having fun. You'll ride the local train instead of the express to get in more playtime. You'll think about spending some of your lunch If you've never played this game before, do yourself a favor and buy it, play it, and experience it. It doesn't matter if you're a Nintendo lover or hater. This is one of those games that will exercise your brain while you're having fun. You'll ride the local train instead of the express to get in more playtime. You'll think about spending some of your lunch break playing. And when you're winding down for bed you'll want to sneak in a quick move or two as you fall asleep. This game pretty much consumed all of my free time when I first got a GBASP early last year. I haven't played Advance Wars 2, but I'm going to skip it and go for Advance Wars DS as soon as I tire of Meteos and Super Mario 64 DS. Collapse
  9. BobD.
    Jan 22, 2005
    Second only to Black Hole Rising.
  10. AlisonR.
    Jan 6, 2005
    An absolutely 'must-have' title for all GBA owners. A marvellous strategy game for all ages, it has great replay value.
  11. MikeS.
    Sep 1, 2004
    So awesome ....excuse me why'll I get back to beating it....
  12. ReubenL.
    Jul 29, 2004
    This game is the second coolest game ever advanced wars 2 being better.
  13. KevinG.
    Apr 30, 2004
    A great game that keeps you on your toes.
  14. DanielW.
    Mar 25, 2003
    This game is a must buy, just turn off the speakers while you play, the audio sucks. Visually it's great, along with the gameplay. Sucks that you have to watch the computer when it's not your turn though. And finally, the make your own map future rules!
  15. RobertT.
    Mar 24, 2003
    Best war game since starcraft.
  16. JamesD.
    Mar 18, 2003
    Really cool game. I have been playing strategy games since the C64 days and this is one of the most addictive I have ever seen. The graphics are a plaesent change of pace from the "over the top" realism seen in some other recent offerings. Kudos to Nintendo on a job done well once again!!
  17. EricC.
    Feb 9, 2003
    What's so addicting about this game is that it mimicks a game of chess. Well thought moves using a variety of units to achieve victory by either total defeat, capturing of the HQ, or some other task. Not doing anything when it's your turn is merely a part of the gameplay, and I'm surprised some see it as a negative. Sometimes, I found this game to be too addictive and I What's so addicting about this game is that it mimicks a game of chess. Well thought moves using a variety of units to achieve victory by either total defeat, capturing of the HQ, or some other task. Not doing anything when it's your turn is merely a part of the gameplay, and I'm surprised some see it as a negative. Sometimes, I found this game to be too addictive and I couldn't stop playing for hours. What makes this game great is the variety of strategy used in the battlefield. I would highly recommend this for any GBA owner. Expand
  18. Aceallways
    Jan 7, 2003
    The best on the gameboy advance and the best in any stragety game i've ever played, who would think a hand held strategy could be so in depth.
  19. PhillipeO.
    Dec 4, 2002
    Superb. Of the 50+ GBA titles I have played thus far this one is by far the best. At least the single-player mode. You simply have to own it. Doesn´t get any better than this on any system, portable or not.
  20. SteveS.
    Oct 13, 2002
    Single Player is, simply put, the best of any Gameboy game out there. Multiplayer on the other hand, is severely lacking, especially if you have only one cartidge. Graphics: 9. Control: 10. Replayability: 9. Overall Fun Factor - Single layer: 10, Multiplayer: 4.
    Sep 4, 2002
    A very good game.

1. From trying to unlock every CO to buying all the War Room and Vs. maps to trying to earn the best rank possible, there are enough features in this game to make three games. Advance Wars is pretty much perfect in every category.
  2. For a handheld, the AI of your computer-controlled opponents is surprisingly diverse and complex.
  3. It's brilliant and fun turn-based strategy with more replay value than you could possibly ask for. This isn't boring turn-based strategy where you spend 15 turns setting up your troops to fight the inevitable battle, no sir.