• Publisher: Konami

Sep 19, 2005
    I love it ! Yeah !
  3. TomG.
    Oct 7, 2003
    Definitely kickin'....I love this game and its' concept. I hope we see a Boktai 2.
  4. KrisN.
    Aug 5, 2003
    The solar sensor gimmick is mildly amusing, but what truly makes this game shine is the gameplay aesthetic. Kojima's MG games have always been polished to a shimmer and this, his first widely-exposed outing beyond the MG franchise, is so excellent I feel cheated he hasn't tried his hand at Zeldism before. More than action/adventure/RPG standard fare, this game contains a great The solar sensor gimmick is mildly amusing, but what truly makes this game shine is the gameplay aesthetic. Kojima's MG games have always been polished to a shimmer and this, his first widely-exposed outing beyond the MG franchise, is so excellent I feel cheated he hasn't tried his hand at Zeldism before. More than action/adventure/RPG standard fare, this game contains a great deal of innovation and actually introduces gameplay mechanics unlike any I've ever seen before (and I've seen 'em all). Don't make the mistake I did of importing the Japanese version, because you really need to understand what you're being instructed on to succeed in this game. One point deducted for lousy name... with the success of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh-Ma-Pan-Pan-Fat-Dance-Dance-Revorution-Happy-Yay etc etc, they're not even going to bother anglicizing titles any more. *groan* Expand
  5. AlexJ.
    Sep 25, 2003
    Sweeeeet game very much like metal gear solid.
    Jan 4, 2004
    Almost Perfect. This game has everything most games could hope for: smooth, addictive gameplay, eye-popping graphics, crisp sound, good length, and a good story. The only complaint is that sometimes, one is forced to stop playing because it is nighttime and one needs sunlight for any one of many reasons.
  7. BenR.
    Feb 24, 2004
    It is a great game and the solar sensor works really well but i find the puzzles go from really easy to incredibly frustrating. but still this game is an essential for any gba owner.
  8. SeanT.
    Mar 28, 2004
    Gimmicky and yet astoundingly innovative! A unique title that not only wins over people with concept alone, but furthers the idea with their first taste of gameplay. It's a little weird, but the fun doesn't stop!
  9. PoopyL.
    Sep 14, 2003
    I like game!
  10. Jun 11, 2013
    This game is original and fun. You will fall in love with the characters and the story. This is my favorite GBA game and the series is now one of my favorites as well.

1. The levels are well designed, and the placement of enemies and their movement paths add to the difficulty, and unless you live in a sunny location, Boktai will prove to be more challenging than other adventure games.
  2. Boktai re-invigorates almost every aspect of the tired dungeon-and-items formula. The light-sensor technology works flawlessly and opens up a host of possibilities for future games. A beautiful game in almost every respect. [Oct 2003, p.92]
  3. Boktai finely fuses the action with the role-playing, so it's well suited to fans in either camp. [Oct 2003, p.78]