Castlevania: Circle of the Moon Game Boy Advance

• Release Date: Jun 10, 2001
8.5

1. Squall
    Sep 8, 2005
    The difficulty was intense and rewarding. I loved the secret classes that you could unlock, much better than the secret characters in SOTN or HOD in my opinion. The spell system was awesome except for the fact that it is extremely hard to track down all of the cards. Music was brilliant and I was glad to hear remixes of popular tunes such as 'vampire killer.'
  2. GeorgeS.
    Apr 7, 2006
    I was so excited about this game I bought a GBA right when they came out FOR this game. I wasn't even a big Castlevania fan UNTIL I played this. First Castlevania game I ever played and as far as I can tell (havent played all of them but ive played most) one of the best. Its a shame that Konami listened to people whining about the difficulty which resulted in the average pathetic I was so excited about this game I bought a GBA right when they came out FOR this game. I wasn't even a big Castlevania fan UNTIL I played this. First Castlevania game I ever played and as far as I can tell (havent played all of them but ive played most) one of the best. Its a shame that Konami listened to people whining about the difficulty which resulted in the average pathetic difficult bright colored Harmony of Dissonance. Expand
  3. JonH.
    Feb 6, 2005
    Another masterpiece Castlevania game, It plays so well on the gamebody advance.
  4. JasonD.
    Mar 20, 2003
    Awesome! The gameplay can get a little repetitive after a while but overall, the game is a must-play.
  5. MP83
    Aug 10, 2005
    One of the first GBA games that made me to buy myself a Gameboy Advance couple of years ago (I now own the SP version of it). Castlevania: Circle of the Moon is THAT good. =)
  6. RyanC.
    Nov 5, 2002
    This is one of the greatest games I have ever played. I hope Harmony of Dissonance is as good as this was. [dragon}
  7. AlexM.
    Aug 29, 2003
    Its the most wonderful game in the universe!!!
  8. Apr 3, 2013
    An amazing portable Castlevania that takes place outside the main story of the older games.
    It has beautifull 2d graphics, one of the best music for a GBA game and tons of unlockable modes.
    With clever design that encourages exploration and backtracking, rewarding difficulty and some of the coolest boss fights this is a masterpiece surely you don't want to miss.
  9. Jun 26, 2013
    This game is the best castlevania to date! It's got tight controls, and great challenge. It also does a great job with the sub weapons, they are super useful. The story isn't really there but somehow still does the job. Its a masterpiece.
  10. May 22, 2011
    Definitely not as good as Aria of Sorrow, or even Harmony of Dissonance for that matter, in my opinion. The game is quite nice in itself. The graphics are all right, the music is really great (lots of great remixes of classic Castlevania tracks too), and the gameplay is fun, even though the controls are a bit of a pain. The main issue I have with this title is that the difficulty is wayDefinitely not as good as Aria of Sorrow, or even Harmony of Dissonance for that matter, in my opinion. The game is quite nice in itself. The graphics are all right, the music is really great (lots of great remixes of classic Castlevania tracks too), and the gameplay is fun, even though the controls are a bit of a pain. The main issue I have with this title is that the difficulty is way too high. Now maybe that's a good thing if you want a challenge. However with RPG-style games such as this, it just becomes annoying to be forced to spend hours on level grinding just so you can at least survive against the next boss. It dramatically breaks the pace of the game and as a result you even forget the story and what was happening all along. You just circle between half a dozen rooms, killing enemies over and over and over. Other than that it's a fun game, so if you don't mind spending tonnes of time on levelling up, you should enjoy it. Otherwise I'd suggest for you to try Harmony of Dissonance or yet better Aria of Sorrow. In fact try those anyway if you like this style of games. Expand
  11. Death
    Nov 19, 2004
    This game is like hell!!! the graphics are not so good and the gameplay is..well..its no good,and who is Nathan Graves?and who are the Graves clan?what are their role with the belmonts??
  12. BennettM.
    Apr 19, 2003
    Do not buy this game unless you want to be bored out of your mind by its simple and repetitive gameplay.
  13. Dec 16, 2010
    Well, Aria of Sorrow was a must-play game, but Circle of Moon is not bad either , but is just a shame that the Belmonts are missing and the game is not that enjoyable.The game got realistic graphics, amazing tunes and decent gameplay.The same thing to the NES Castlevania masterpieces.But this game is I don't know too HARD!!!!This game don't got an 9, I am really sorry..............
  14. Marc
    Mar 21, 2004
    Dracula and the Belmonts...some of the most recognisable gaming icons in history. Thankfully...its fun too.
  15. MarkB.
    Aug 25, 2005
    Very difficult game. Level of difficutly was just a bit too high and some of the features (The Summoning abilities with DSS) made the bosses too easy. Very good game otherwise. A hint to all players who play on magician mode. When you fall down that big hole in the start of the game, well, do that when you are level 50 and keep doing it while swingining you whip on the left side. There is Very difficult game. Level of difficutly was just a bit too high and some of the features (The Summoning abilities with DSS) made the bosses too easy. Very good game otherwise. A hint to all players who play on magician mode. When you fall down that big hole in the start of the game, well, do that when you are level 50 and keep doing it while swingining you whip on the left side. There is an opening and when u find it, Roc Wing at the ceiling there. Another opening will appear. In this room, you have like five seconds to jump up into the room, run to the skeleton medalist and kill him in one hit. Kepp doing this until you get it and combine pluto and griffon to get faster speed. He will sometimes drop the bear ring. And if you put it on and use pluto and Black dog cards, you will find you turn into a cute fuzzywuzzy bear! Expand
  16. Feb 28, 2014
    One of my all time favorite Gameboy Advance games, and by far my favorite 2D Castlevania game.

What's amazing is how well the game has aged, it's still an absolute blast to play thanks to the varied Card system which makes for a great gameplay, and it's absolutely beautiful to look at thanks to the great art direction. Playing it on a modern smartphone through emulation really does

Playing it on a modern smartphone through emulation really does the game justice and allows you appreciate how beautiful the game is. A true masterpiece.

1. A complex card system governs your special abilities. [Feb 2003, p.97]
  2. Castlevania means well, providing marvellous visuals and setting a superb atmosphere. But it suffers from hideous amounts of revisiting.
  3. Picks up where "Symphony of the Night" left off and stands out as one of the best portable adventures ever created.