• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Jun 10, 2001
8.6

1. May 22, 2011
    Definitely not as good as Aria of Sorrow, or even Harmony of Dissonance for that matter, in my opinion. The game is quite nice in itself. The graphics are all right, the music is really great (lots of great remixes of classic Castlevania tracks too), and the gameplay is fun, even though the controls are a bit of a pain. The main issue I have with this title is that the difficulty is wayDefinitely not as good as Aria of Sorrow, or even Harmony of Dissonance for that matter, in my opinion. The game is quite nice in itself. The graphics are all right, the music is really great (lots of great remixes of classic Castlevania tracks too), and the gameplay is fun, even though the controls are a bit of a pain. The main issue I have with this title is that the difficulty is way too high. Now maybe that's a good thing if you want a challenge. However with RPG-style games such as this, it just becomes annoying to be forced to spend hours on level grinding just so you can at least survive against the next boss. It dramatically breaks the pace of the game and as a result you even forget the story and what was happening all along. You just circle between half a dozen rooms, killing enemies over and over and over. Other than that it's a fun game, so if you don't mind spending tonnes of time on levelling up, you should enjoy it. Otherwise I'd suggest for you to try Harmony of Dissonance or yet better Aria of Sorrow. In fact try those anyway if you like this style of games. Expand
  2. Feb 28, 2014
    One of my all time favorite Gameboy Advance games, and by far my favorite 2D Castlevania game.

What's amazing is how well the game has aged, it's still an absolute blast to play thanks to the varied Card system which makes for a great gameplay, and it's absolutely beautiful to look at thanks to the great art direction. Playing it on a modern smartphone through emulation really does

Playing it on a modern smartphone through emulation really does the game justice and allows you appreciate how beautiful the game is. A true masterpiece.
  3. Dec 16, 2010
    Well, Aria of Sorrow was a must-play game, but Circle of Moon is not bad either , but is just a shame that the Belmonts are missing and the game is not that enjoyable.The game got realistic graphics, amazing tunes and decent gameplay.The same thing to the NES Castlevania masterpieces.But this game is I don't know too HARD!!!!This game don't got an 9, I am really sorry..............
  4. Apr 3, 2013
    An amazing portable Castlevania that takes place outside the main story of the older games.
    It has beautifull 2d graphics, one of the best music for a GBA game and tons of unlockable modes.
    With clever design that encourages exploration and backtracking, rewarding difficulty and some of the coolest boss fights this is a masterpiece surely you don't want to miss.
  5. Jun 26, 2013
    This game is the best castlevania to date! It's got tight controls, and great challenge. It also does a great job with the sub weapons, they are super useful. The story isn't really there but somehow still does the job. Its a masterpiece.

1. A complex card system governs your special abilities. [Feb 2003, p.97]
  2. Castlevania means well, providing marvellous visuals and setting a superb atmosphere. But it suffers from hideous amounts of revisiting.
  3. Picks up where "Symphony of the Night" left off and stands out as one of the best portable adventures ever created.