Classic NES Series: Zelda II: The Adventure of Link Game Boy Advance

7.5

1. Nov 10, 2013
    This game is brutally difficult. However it is also brutally fun its an absolute blast to play and it's five dollars on the virtual console so go buy it
  2. Oct 25, 2015
    E' molto bello......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  3. Dec 22, 2015
    I do not understand the bad reputation of this game ... it is wonderful !!!!! To my taste a lot and enjoy me ..... honestly, I am convinced that the people who give such low notes have not played enough with him , an adventure game fledged and extreme difficulty, especially in his last palace, a huge world , a variety of enemies , magic , lunges , perfect gameplay, secrets in every cornerI do not understand the bad reputation of this game ... it is wonderful !!!!! To my taste a lot and enjoy me ..... honestly, I am convinced that the people who give such low notes have not played enough with him , an adventure game fledged and extreme difficulty, especially in his last palace, a huge world , a variety of enemies , magic , lunges , perfect gameplay, secrets in every corner , good music , in short, easily meets all the requirements you may be required to zelda .

No comprendo la mala fama de este juego...es una maravilla!!!!! A mi me gusto muchisimo y disfrute como pocas veces.....sinceramente, estoy convencido que la gente que le da unas notas tan bajas no han jugado lo suficiente con él, un juego de aventuras en toda regla y de dificultad extrema, sobre todo en su ultimo palacio, un mundo enorme, variedad de enemigos, magias, estocadas, una jugabilidad perfecta, secretos en cada rincon, buena musica , en fin, cumple con creces todos los requisitos que se le puede exigir a un zelda.
  4. Sep 6, 2012
    I like The Legend of Zelda games, but not this one. The gameplay is too different from the other games of the franchise, just like western Super Mario Bros. 2. Also, it's difficulty is extremely high even for it's time, making it rather a frustrating than a fun experience. I recommend almost every Zelda game except this one.
  5. Jun 27, 2012
    As a HUGE fan of TLOZ , the biggest flop started with Zelda II , and I'm not saying it's wrong at all but it doesn't feel like a true TLOZ experience . Even with this port , it doesn't do anything significantly dramatic to make it better. Still for TLOZ fans it's worth a try .
  6. Sep 4, 2016
    So this is apparently the ugly stepchild of the Zelda series that everyone beats up on. I can see why, dude, this **** is **** weird. I forgot to talk about the magical triangle **** in my last review, but there's also a magical triangle that the shadow masters want to take so they can spread chem trails throughout the earth. Oh yeah, about the game. You have to fight a black version ofSo this is apparently the ugly stepchild of the Zelda series that everyone beats up on. I can see why, dude, this **** is **** weird. I forgot to talk about the magical triangle **** in my last review, but there's also a magical triangle that the shadow masters want to take so they can spread chem trails throughout the earth. Oh yeah, about the game. You have to fight a black version of yourself because Nintendo hates black people and then you save that elf girl that is and isn't the same elf girl from before, so cloning, CONFIRMED. Expand
  7. AB
    Nov 8, 2004
    This is the worst Zelda game since the CD-i games by Philips. But that is saying nothing. This is an amazing adventure, but sometimes it just doesn't feel like Zelda.
  8. MP83
    Aug 10, 2005
    Reminds me from Falcom's "Ys III: Wanderers from Ys" game. Both are really different compared to their predecessors. Still, not a bad game, just different.
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game will roxors j00r boxers! Go buy it now!
  10. Dec 30, 2011
    Oh, yes, my favourite Zelda for one reason: the first Zelda I played long time ago!

Ok. Really. This Zelda is a good game with lovely unique components. I.e: magic, good length, the possibility of learning techniques, experience points and a lot of places or characters which will be used in other Zelda games.
  11. Aug 18, 2013
    This review is the the 3DS eShop. Wow I just got done beating this game and my the palms of my hands are still sweaty. This is an awesome game to play. Not to mention how stinking hard it is. I was using virtual console saves and the game was still kicking my but. Just to get through to the next section in certain dungeons was a win. I don't know how anyone could have beaten this gameThis review is the the 3DS eShop. Wow I just got done beating this game and my the palms of my hands are still sweaty. This is an awesome game to play. Not to mention how stinking hard it is. I was using virtual console saves and the game was still kicking my but. Just to get through to the next section in certain dungeons was a win. I don't know how anyone could have beaten this game going into the Great Palace on three lives. But I finally finished a game I have always wanted to beat. Expand
  12. Jan 28, 2013
    The difficulty of this game turns a lot of people off. This isn't your typical Zelda game. With that being said, it revolutionized the franchise, using a few of the aspects still seen today. The fact that it doesn't exactly "feel" like future Zelda's is not a bad thing.
  13. Jul 7, 2014
    Okay, I want to get this out of the way first. No, its not like any other Zelda Game (As of yet). But that doesn't mean it is necessarily bad. Plus, this was the second game, its not like the series had an established formula yet. Also, when Ocarina of Time came out, it was like no other Zelda Game at the time. No one criticized it for that. Okay, that's out of the way. Another complaintOkay, I want to get this out of the way first. No, its not like any other Zelda Game (As of yet). But that doesn't mean it is necessarily bad. Plus, this was the second game, its not like the series had an established formula yet. Also, when Ocarina of Time came out, it was like no other Zelda Game at the time. No one criticized it for that. Okay, that's out of the way. Another complaint is that "It's too hard!" Well, yes, I have never beaten it, but a game being hard doesn't mean it is bad! Dark Souls and Mario Two/The Lost Levels were hard and still are! They were never criticized for that! I honestly don't see what's so bad about this game. It isn't the best Zelda Game by any means, but it isn't bad. Expand
  14. Aug 2, 2016
    I decided to stop being a **** and play this f*cking game. My impressions:
    -It IS incredibly difficult.
    -The story is practically nonexistent. -Those controls, GODDAMMIT LINK, HIT THE ENEMY ALREADY! JESUS CHRIST! -Wait, how do I use my magic... Wait... Is it select? Wait.. Oh, ok. But even then, it feels so good. The best thing about this game is the feeling of accomplishment. That
    I decided to stop being a **** and play this f*cking game. My impressions:
    -It IS incredibly difficult.
    -The story is practically nonexistent.
    -Those controls, GODDAMMIT LINK, HIT THE ENEMY ALREADY! JESUS CHRIST!
    -Wait, how do I use my magic... Wait... Is it select? Wait.. Oh, ok.
    But even then, it feels so good.
    The best thing about this game is the feeling of accomplishment. That feeling of "OMFG, I finished this dungeon! OH YEAH! THAT'S A THING THAT CAN HAPPEN! MOM!
    ...
    MOM!
    I PASSED A DUNGEON!
    MOM!
    ...
    ok"
    When you get the hang of the controls, it is really satisfying. It's the kind of game in which you can kill an enemy at front, from above, from below, and look to the side and say "DID YOU SEE THAT?" even if you're completely alone.
    People say that when Nintendo made this game, they were like "I mean, people like Mario and Zelda, so...". You know what? I think those people are right. It IS incredibly like Mario. Some enemies, the controls... The worst of this game is that it's confusing. Confusion is the worst thing to feel while playing a game. You should always know what to do, or even have a clue. But this game says "NAH-AH!" to your patience.
    I still think that you should play this zelda as your first, but once you gained experience on "dose zordas", you can play this.
    Oh man, this is really nerve wrecking.
  15. Feb 5, 2016
    Props to this game for not following the path that its revolutionary prequel established. This game tried something completely new and pulled it off well. Incredibly difficult though.
  16. Jul 27, 2016
    If I rated the NES in metascore I would rate this a 77/100. But the GBA port is better and another plus is you can play it almost anywhere and the game is good in general.

#7 Most Discussed Game Boy Advance Game of 2004

1. This is the only Zelda game I can think of that used experience points to level-up. Other than that, you're dealing with a typical (and engrossing) Legend of Zelda experience.
  2. Any game that holds up more than a decade later is definitely one to watch, and Zelda II is one of these games.
  3. I have to say that I was surprised how good the game actually was and how badly the game gets trashed nowadays. Sure, it may be the worst in the series of Zelda titles, but it's by no means a bad game.