Donkey Kong Country 2 Game Boy Advance
9.1

1. May 26, 2011
    A masterful portable classic of the SNES title. Boasting high challenge and great level design, you have to check this out if you don't own an SNES or Donkey Kong Country.
  2. Nov 8, 2011
    (SNES version, since there si't here on metacritic)
    (SNES version, since there si't here on metacritic)
    Beautiful graphics, Beautiful Soundtrack, David Wise made all the soundtrack for this game and it is one of the best soundtracks for any video game ever. This may look like a biased review, but it's not. The game presents a fair amount of challenge as you proceed through the game, making it more and more difficult as you get in later stages of the game, you're given the challenge to grab the DK coins on each level and find all of the bonus rooms from the level to complete it 103% finding all the tokens will unveil the secret world which will take to a completely different ending. Masterpiece
  3. Nov 15, 2011
    Im basically reviewing snes and gba here so bare that in mind.

So, this game, this freakin game. Lets start with the graphics: Absolutely stunning, think back to when snes games were all sprites and then wabam 3d sprites :O and i must say they looked good, i much prefered this style to early ps1 games (im looking at you ff7, you ugly game). it was groundbreaking and it looked beautiful.
    Im basically reviewing snes and gba here so bare that in mind.

So, this game, this freakin game. Lets start with the graphics:

Sound:
    There are no words to describe the absolute epicness of David Wise's soundtrack. it is sooooooo so goood, and i still listen to it today. very memorable tunes, for me, more so then mario. Story:
    Well there really isnt a lot of depth to it, but it is completely unfair for me to mark it down for this. its a platformer its fun, and hey the characters are great and memorable so i guess it did, would it tried, well.

Gameplay:
    Soooooo much fun, i can play this game for hours on end. it is the smoothest platformer known to man. its pure fun, well actually dkc 2 is on the challenging side towards the end, so it isnt all fun. but it can become boring quickly if the game doesnt become harder. the only thing i can think that could of been better is the copy paste of bosses, which i can deal with.

Innovation:
    Remember this game came out in the 90s so bare that in mind. Well in my opinion it set the boundary for future platformers, it is the what platformers strive to create and fail. it is "better then mario" i said it. sure mario is absolutely create too but for me dkc just feels much much nicer.

score is around 9.7 the reason it didnt get the 0.3 is for a certain something it is missing but may or may not of been in the sequel.
  4. May 27, 2012
    Rare at its finest. This game is superb.
  5. Sep 3, 2012
    Like any of my other GBA reviews, it is really meant for the SNES version of this game, which is what I had and played. Don't get me wrong it is the same game, I just want it known I played the SNES version. I loved the Donkey Kong Country series, some of the best 3D platforming around. My favorite game of the series is the second one, for some reason its world is the funnest to hammer outLike any of my other GBA reviews, it is really meant for the SNES version of this game, which is what I had and played. Don't get me wrong it is the same game, I just want it known I played the SNES version. I loved the Donkey Kong Country series, some of the best 3D platforming around. My favorite game of the series is the second one, for some reason its world is the funnest to hammer out and get all the extra goodies. As a kid I just loved this game, couldn't put it down. Nintendo did a great job with music and creating worlds that felt alive. This game is also challenging and can be done co-op with another friend, which is one great feature. Expand

1. Even though it's almost ten years old it's still a brilliant platformer.
  2. Its graphics look a little dated, but it changes up environments often and stashes tons of secrets - a good romp for platforming fans. [Jan 2005, p.137]
  3. Squeezed down to small screen size, it loses a lot of what made the Super NES game a classic.