Donkey Kong Country Game Boy Advance
8.9

1. Sep 5, 2012
    A true gaming classic, a title that introduced the best 3D platforming available. This game is where it all began, an epic quest for stolen bananas! What I like best about the original compared to 2 and 3 is the world. Even though it is more basic, it is a treat to look at and I get a special feeling inside every time I think of the rainy jungle or snowy mountain levels. Another greatA true gaming classic, a title that introduced the best 3D platforming available. This game is where it all began, an epic quest for stolen bananas! What I like best about the original compared to 2 and 3 is the world. Even though it is more basic, it is a treat to look at and I get a special feeling inside every time I think of the rainy jungle or snowy mountain levels. Another great aspect is the difficulty, which is definitely there and collecting all the extras such as DK coins was extremely challenging. Some of the boss fights were a bit too easy but King K. will challenge you at the end. Overall I have great feelings about this and the second, Diddy Kong's Quest. Expand
  2. Jan 29, 2014
    I have this on the SNES; it's just awesome. Story's simple, levels are challenging but fun. Music has its retro charm, and it definitely holds some sentimental value. Great classic.
  3. Oct 22, 2014
    Only guys who grew up with these kind of games can find this any fun and I am one of them. Old school side-scrolling Jump & Run action, that says it all. I played this game on the SNES but the Handheld version is as much as fun, maybe even better. But in my opinion the controls are a little bit wonky and slow, maybe because I am more likely to play Mario which is much faster. Moreover theOnly guys who grew up with these kind of games can find this any fun and I am one of them. Old school side-scrolling Jump & Run action, that says it all. I played this game on the SNES but the Handheld version is as much as fun, maybe even better. But in my opinion the controls are a little bit wonky and slow, maybe because I am more likely to play Mario which is much faster. Moreover the music is really great and very memorizing, like the most Nintendo games. It matches the atmosphere in every Level perfectly (and the he boss levels were pretty fun too, just saying ;) Nevertheless there is a risk of a repetitive gaming experience.

This game is a good alternation to today's graphics dazzling, that is why my final results for this game is a legit 8,6.

1. Fun though DKC is, it is - as many have said in the past - rather on the short side. Stumbling through the game with a fairly good idea of where everything was, it took us about four hours to get to the final boss and dispatch him, picking up some 70 per cent of the game's secrets along the way.
  2. A game of this overall technical sheen that can really make you smile and take notice, doesn't come along every day... in fact it comes along every nine years. If you've not sampled it before, now is the time.
  3. There's a certain intensity of action and sense of urgency that only a 2D platformer can deliver. This game is a great way to rediscover that feeling for yourself. [June 2003, p.118]