9.5

1. Dec 7, 2014
    Under-appreciated GBA gem, created by none other than Tom Fessler, the most notable name in the licensed video game scene.

You can really see the amount of heart and soul he poured into the creation of this game, which is is the spiritual predecessor to Corey in the House for DS.
  2. Dec 7, 2014
    Tom Fessler once again shows his special touch for making fantastic games out of bad licences (see: Cory in the House for DS)

Fantastic game, would play again.
  3. Dec 7, 2014
    Fantastic, Incredible, nice, epic, I like it. I tip my hat euphorically to the creators of this masterpiece, this kind of quality cannot be taken for granite. The eggs are green, and so is my score.

4. Dec 7, 2014
    What makes a game good? Is it cutscenes? Is it advertising? Is it how many gender options there are? No, it's gameplay of course! This games has provided me with one of the most amazing, and dare is say EPIC, experiences in all of my years of gayming. I find it hard to believe that this beautiful work of art has been neglected by the gaming community, which instead focuses on overhypedWhat makes a game good? Is it cutscenes? Is it advertising? Is it how many gender options there are? No, it's gameplay of course! This games has provided me with one of the most amazing, and dare is say EPIC, experiences in all of my years of gayming. I find it hard to believe that this beautiful work of art has been neglected by the gaming community, which instead focuses on overhyped trash(see: La Mulana, E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy, ect.) sadly. If you invest the time needed to experience this game fully, you will perhaps never see a more well designed and spectacular game. I highly recommend it. Expand
  5. Dec 7, 2014
    Made an account just so I could review this underrated gem, I recently started collecting obscure GBA games but this one really caught me by surprise. No idea what Nintendo power is talking about the game is charming throughout and I'm really glad I got to play it. Recommend it to anyone, and hope to see more great games like this coming from the former developers at Handheld Games in the future.
  6. Dec 7, 2014
    A masterpiece. The citizen kane of gaming has finally arrived. An epic adventure like never before, G Eggs and H for the Gameboy Advance elevates the medium into an artform. With a heartbreaking storyline and graphics that rival the sistine chapel, games have been thrust into a golden age.
  7. Dec 7, 2014
    Tom Fessler is a science fiction genius.

No, that would be a disservice to the man. Lumping him with Asimov, Heinlein, or even Hawking (you didn't discover gravity you crippled **** is insulting every fiber of his being. Set in a dystopian world called "Neo-Seuss", you must bring back order by force feeding the criminals in the underbelly your own special blend of hams and spices.
    Tom Fessler is a science fiction genius.

Set in a dystopian world called "Neo-Seuss", you must bring back order by force feeding the criminals in the underbelly your own special blend of hams and spices. GREEN HAMS AND SPICES. And the spices are eggs. So if you swap that around you'd be feeding them green eggs and ham.

With customization deeper than Cthulu's Summer home, you can pick from a total of 4 different hats for your guy or gal to wear into combat. According to IGN; that's "4 more hats than TF2 had at launch". And baby, you know that gets me harder than a petrified rock.

Dr. Seuss: Green Eggs and Ham.
    Get it. Or don't.
  8. Dec 7, 2014
    A wonderful, obscure game that deserves all the praise it can get. Complete with 3 action-packed game modes, it's an incredible experience with a shockingly powerful atmosphere for the Gameboy Advance. Far ahead of even consoles, it's capable of having up to 4 players playing on a single GBA, a feat I'm not sure is even legally allowed to happen. All in all, a wonderful time for the wholeA wonderful, obscure game that deserves all the praise it can get. Complete with 3 action-packed game modes, it's an incredible experience with a shockingly powerful atmosphere for the Gameboy Advance. Far ahead of even consoles, it's capable of having up to 4 players playing on a single GBA, a feat I'm not sure is even legally allowed to happen. All in all, a wonderful time for the whole family. Would recommend not only to children, but to people of all ages, it's an experience you won't want to miss. Expand
  9. Dec 7, 2014
    Simply beautiful
    This game combines an almost Shakespearian concept, and takes it to whole new levels. With a simple and mindblowing question. "Do you like Green Eggs and Ham?"
    Do you, despite the unappetizing appearance, taste the viridian breakfast dish? I would compare it to religion itself. A strange and alien concept, that would leave you worse off than you are now, but it ends up
    Simply beautiful
    Do you, despite the unappetizing appearance, taste the viridian breakfast dish?
    I would compare it to religion itself. A strange and alien concept, that would leave you worse off than you are now, but it ends up being a spiritual journey through and through
    10 out of 10, why yes I do like Green Eggs and Ham
  10. Dec 7, 2014
    Probably one of the best story-driven games for the GBA I have ever played, vastly surpassing my previous favorites like the Fire Emblem series with it's sheer prowess of story-telling and literary devices. Although it seems as if all of the work put into this game was into the story, you would be horribly wrong for assuming as such.
    The action in this game is so intense I literally could
    The action in this game is so intense I literally could not lie down to play this as I usually do with handhelds. I had to be in a seat, on the edge to enjoy the pixel-perfect platforming and visceral combat.
    Also, I could not discuss this amazing game without including that it has some of the best romance mechanics I have ever experienced since Katawa Shoujo (or "Cripple Babes" for you baka gajins). The sexual tension between Sam and that other guy who never had his name mentioned was amazing, filled with such friction and denial of they're passion for each other. It's like what Bioware tries to do except it's not awful. This can be seen in some of my favorite dialogue:
    "But, Sam, I do not like green eggs and ham."
    "There's something more to this, isn't there? I've seen the way you stare at me while I enjoy my breakfast. I know full and well how you eye my lips when I bring a sausage to my mouth, giving a glare filled with lust. Why pretend, guy who was never named?"
    "You... You're right Sam. I'm just... afraid."
    "There's no reason to be. Take me. That way you can say you've done it without regrets of what could have been."
    Then he did him in his butt, and he did it in a hut.
    He and Him drank some wine, then they did a sixty-nine.
  11. Dec 7, 2014
    Ill be honest here guys. When I first got this game from my German friend Vierkanal, I wasn't quite sure what to make of it. I mean c'mon, ANOTHER action-adventure JRPG based on a Dr. Seuss book? The entire market was flooded with them, so I assumed this game was just another shovelware title.

But lo and behold, what I found was unlike anything I had ever experienced before. Let's start with the story. The game starts out in a dystopian future set in the year 2881 A.D., where the government rules with an iron fist. You are sent back in time to meet with mankind's last hope, Sam-I-Am, and prevent his untimely death by a sudden and fatal heart attack caused by the New World Order supreme rulers. Your mission is to find him and give him the secret remedy for his heart attack, a dose of G.E.A.H. in order to save Sam-I-Am and save mankind from spiraling into totalitarian rule. There is a wide range of unique and colorful characters for you to meet, and the story takes some dark turns later on down the road. Without spoiling much, I will say that the shoot out segment halfway through the game where your best friend saves his life to keep the boat running while Sam denies to eat the green eggs and ham is one of the most visually awe inspiring and emotional scenes in video game history. The game also tackles very heavy real world issues, such as isolation, rampant consumerism, and the evolution of the United States into a conglomerate corporate media frenzy zone.

Immediately into the first half of the game, you are introduced to a plethora of customization options for your character, ranging from gender to hat styles and even class customization. Keep in mind that these options will affect the gameplay later on, having a significant impact on your stats and abilities. Choosing the green hat, for instance, gives you better dexterity and allows you to pillage more currency per kill, but the drawback is reduced attack power for level 5 and higher summoning magic.

In terms of visuals, the game's art style draws heavily from the late 19th century- early 20th century neo classicism period. Character models are rich and contain many intricate and fleshed out designs. One of the most significant examples of this is Sam-I-Am's character model, which is stylized in a steampunk/french Revolution era design.

The game's sound direction is one of the most finely tuned of its era, drawing in an entire symphonic orchestra for its sound effects. The background music is composed entirely of late- Pink Floyd and King Crimson songs, which fit perfectly into the surrealist environments.

Overall this game is nothing short of amazing. It is a culmination of deep story, intricate combat system, amazing graphics and unparalleled sound quality. The lead designer Tom Fessler is well known for creating timeless classics, and this game is no exception. Despite its depictions of early Marxism (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Eggs_and_Ham), the game is an acclaimed masterpiece that anyone can enjoy.
  12. Dec 7, 2014
    I don't usually give games a 10. In fact, there are only 2 other games that I would consider to be perfect 10s: the original portal and pacman ce dx. Those aren't necessarily the best games I've played, but they are the most perfect, if that makes sense. And that is a word that I would use to describe
    Dr. Seuss: Green Eggs and Ham: perfect. It is a game purely comprised of exploration and discovery, with virtually no other gameplay components with the exception of some very simplistic puzzles. And yet,
    Dr. Seuss: Green Eggs and Ham manages to make seemingly mundane exploration into some of the most engaging and emotional storytelling I have ever seen.
    Dr. Seuss: Green Eggs and Ham will be remembered for its brilliant design and execution, but also as a game that bravely led the charge in addressing contemporary social issues that have not as of yet found much representation in the medium.
    This game is not for everyone. If all you play are shooters and fast paced action games, then
    Dr. Seuss: Green Eggs and Ham will bore you. However, if you like slower games or games with interesting ways of telling stories, such as Journey, Heavy Rain, Dear Esther, or even mods like The Stanley Parable, than
    Dr. Seuss: Green Eggs and Ham is certain to grab you and not let go for its 3 hour duration.
  13. Dec 7, 2014
    Literally a masterpiece. There are no flaws, this is Cory in the House for DS all over again. This game needs to be played by anyone who calls themselves an avid video game player. This game needs to be in the museum for video games.
  14. Dec 10, 2014
    This game is Amazing. Its a Metroidvania style game where you explore a Massive over-world to find a Place where Sam will like Green Eggs and Ham, Engaging Story, Jaw Dropping Graphics that take full advantage of the GBA's Hardware, Challenging Bosses, And a beautiful Soundtrack, all running at 60 FPS makes for an Amazing Cinematic Experience. Bravo, Tom Fessler.
  15. Dec 10, 2014
    Once every few years a game comes out that reminds you why you started playing in the first place, and Green Eggs and Ham is a testament that. Based on the famed Dr Seuss novel "Hat Cat", players are treated to an exciting adventure filled with lush visuals and platforming rivaling that of the greatest of the NES era. Tom Fessler, a noted Big Dogg (and a former Game Power Magazine Dude ofOnce every few years a game comes out that reminds you why you started playing in the first place, and Green Eggs and Ham is a testament that. Based on the famed Dr Seuss novel "Hat Cat", players are treated to an exciting adventure filled with lush visuals and platforming rivaling that of the greatest of the NES era. Tom Fessler, a noted Big Dogg (and a former Game Power Magazine Dude of the Week), truly went above and beyond with this buried treasure of the GBA library. Buy it. Expand
  16. Dec 7, 2014
    Just when you think Tom Fessler is down and out of the game for good, he spreads his glorious wings and rises from the ashes like a beautiful Phoenix returning to life. The man, the myth, the legend himself exercises his video game-developing prowess and runs circles around big-name developers like Shigeru Miyamoto and Hideo Kojima with this masterpiece.

This game's graphics take full

This game's graphics take full advantage of the GameBoy Advance's processing capabilities to render an absolutely beautiful and awe-inspiring 24-bit world, full of color and vibrant expression unlike any other game in its impressive library. And that is saying something.

And it only gets better. The story (I'm not gonna spoil anything!) is a real tear-jerker, and you would not expect something as poignant and deep from a licensed video game, but my main man Tom Fessler delivers where I was least expecting. The game controls better than any modern video game I've probably ever played, with physics rivaling Sonic the Hedgehog and precision that makes even Mario shed a tear.

Green Eggs and Ham boasts a complete 60 hours of solid gameplay, with a notable soundtrack deserving of a CD and symphony orchestra performance. And here's a little pro tip for you all: if you liked this game, be sure to check out the spiritual successor Cory in the House, which is every bit of amazing as this game. As expected from Mr. Tom Fessler himself!
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Very young players will enjoy the game's graphics and easy play. [Feb 2004, p.153]