8.1

1. Feb 26, 2012
    After some time, I decided to try out the FF games in order, so I got the first two, and I must say, I'm impressed. FF1 had some excellent RPG gameplay, while a little hard for a newcomer like me. And for its time, was truly revolutionary. Sure the plot wasn't the best, but this was done at a time when Square was about to be bankrupt, so that's forgivable. FF2, which was done after the first Final Fantasy was a success, ended up being an even better game. Excellent plot, more excellent gameplay, and a much more balanced difficulty. I'm proud to say that I am now a Final Fantasy fan. Overall Score: 9.5, which rounds up to 10. Expand
  2. May 25, 2011
    This game is beast. I mean, you get TWO graphically enhanced versions of the first TWO Final Fantasy games? Just be prepared for a challenge; Final Fantasy is no walk in the park.
  3. May 1, 2011
    Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls isn't the best looking port on a GBA, however, it is an excellent reboot of the two games that started it all. Pros: The GBA is far more common than the NES; excellent for quick-play value; fantastic remixed visuals and soundtrack; it's a pure, old-school turn based RPG. Cons: A lot of modern gamers will find it to be outdated.
  4. May 23, 2011
    Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls are unfortunately, a bit dated. However, it's nice to revisit the two RPGs that started it all. Pros: Re-polished visuals, soundtrack, and features; simple, but refreshing gameplay; fantastic value. Cons: After playing tons of RPGs since the FF origins, Dawn of Souls feels a bit dated.
  5. Jul 3, 2011
    Being a non-FF gamer, I feel like i would have enjoyed the original game similar to this one (with the exception of the "Soul' expansions). The "level-up" mechanics of the 2nd game were very unique and interesting to work with. And the 1st game utilizes the variety of classes, while keeping the plot untouched (and fairly good plot at that). And not as much unnecessary grinding, compared to the other games. Expand
  6. Oct 10, 2012
    If you haven't played Final Fantasy 1, this is your best chance as this is the best version out there. With a improved appealing appearance and design, incredible music, fantastic gameplay battle system and a whole new bunch of extras never seen before, this is the game you must get. Whether you are a old FF fan who played Dawn of Souls/Origins/Original or haven't played FF1 or a new fan, this game is worth every single coin. Final Fantasy 2 Dawn of Souls is truly worth the experience. If you are a huge fan of the Final Fantasy series, this game should be played by all fans, if you are a RPG fan in general but not a huge Final Fantasy fan, take this game with caution as it is actually best suited for those who have a lot of time and patience to grind. Expand
  7. Aug 28, 2013
    Two near perfect games roled into one on only one Game Boy Advance cartridge much better then having to buy them both seperatly on the Playstation Portable or IOS.

1. 9 / 9 / 9 / 8 - 35 platinum [Vol 814; 23 July 2004]
  2. It's refreshing to look back on the genesis of the world's most popular RPG.
  3. An essential RPG purchase on the GBA. Yes the games are dated by todays standards, however, the high quality updates to the music and visuals go a long way to remedying this, and even with relatively simplistic gameplay, Final Fantasy 1 and 2 are vintage turn based RPGs at their very best.