9.3

1. Jul 13, 2013
    The only problem with this game, its the items to make the promotions, you need to think very smart and pick your favorite characters. But still fun and the choices of histories are great
  2. May 21, 2013
    Great fun. Nice gameplay, great story and very, very addictive. Hard and infuriating when you lose a great unit, but still one of the best strategy games I have ever played.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    After the relative success that was Fire Emblem (Rekka no Ken, to be precise), Nintendo decided to release it's successor, The Sacred Stones, in the west as well. And, let me tell you this, it was the right decision.
    The game's art style is a bit darker than before, and the story is a bit more straightforward than Rekka no Ken's story was. The cast of characters has also been reduced,
    allowing for a deeper view on each character this time around. Gameplay wise, this game plays exactly like it's predecessor. The only notable differences are special class skills that some classes inhabit, and, most importantly, the world map. The world map feature allows the player to visit shops freely after clearing a certain chapter, and it also grants access to what most people would call training grounds: The Tower of Valni. It allows the player to go through it over and over, thus training your units. This can be used to make the game easier, or to level up characters post-story. Concerning difficulty, this game should be a good one for beginners, as it is a bit easier than other Fire Emblems, not only but also thanks to the Tower of Valni mentioned earlier. The replayability is, as one would expect knowing the franchise, very high. Not only can you continue playing after beating the story (to unlock certain characters, for example), but there are also two main routes to follow the story on. One has to play the game at least twice to get to enjoy all chapters, which could tick some people off, but shouldn't be a big deal, as this game is very addicting.
    To conclude, the game is one of the best in the franchise, and one of the best games for the system as well. It manages to be absolutely "Fire Emblem" while adding some spice with some small changes and attracting new players that are easily frustrated by the other installment(s). If you own a GameBoy Advance or a Nintendo DS/DS lite and are at least remotely interested in turn-based strategy, this game is a must have.
  4. Jan 23, 2013
    Amazing game. I was a bit skeptical at first, but when I finally got to play it through the 3DS Ambassador Program, I was floored. This game is addictive as hell! The replay value is definitely strong in this one.
  5. Dec 30, 2012
    Tenouttaten!
    Truly the best game I've played.The story is well written,the graphics are well done and the game play is superb.With 2 to 3 characters of every class and each character being individual statistic-ly and personality wise,each play through is different and fresh.Amazing
  6. Oct 21, 2012
    Pretty damn good. I still prefer most of the other games, but this is still well done. The characters don't have AS MUCH life to them, but they're still great.
  7. May 27, 2012
    One of the greatest RPG games I've ever played! Amazing storyline, interesting battle animations and fantastic music as well. This is a must have for RPG lovers!
  8. Feb 11, 2012
    The game is one of the most addicting original gameboy games I have. Everytime I go on vacation, I always pack my DS and this game. I have gone over the campaign multiple times, on different modes and various challenges and tasks for myself. The campaign is well thought-out and thrilling, and the graphics can definitely satisfy your eyes. Even in 2012 you should buy it, as it is worth every single penny. Expand
  9. Nov 10, 2011
    Definitely a weaker entry after the absolute masterpiece that was Fire Emblem, but manages to be good on it's own. It's a good entry on the series, but i find the Tower of Valni being more of a con than a pro, it makes the game just too easy. That's more or less what'r wrong with it, the rest is superb. more classes, more things to do. It's great.
  10. Jul 13, 2013

1. One of the deepest and enjoyable games I have played in sometime, let alone the fact that is on the GBA.
  2. Offers a lengthy, rewarding, thought-provoking experience that truly makes you feel as though the decisions you make, waging one exciting battle after the next, carry serious consequences.
  3. If you can handle a strategy game that'll ruthlessly punish you for making even minor mistakes, pick this up the next chance you get.