Fire Emblem Game Boy Advance
9.2

1. DavidC.
    Nov 14, 2003
    If u ask me this is better that final fantasy tactics.
  2. MarcoF.
    Nov 18, 2003
    I just picked up this game today and I must say , it was worth the money. Lovers of Advanced Wars and Final Fantasy will love this new blend of RPG strategy... comes to show the true classics come in 2-D!
  3. Jul 22, 2012
    Fire Emblem is easily one of the greatest titles ever created for the Gameboy Advance. This game is a turn-by-turn tactical RPG featuring dozens of unique characters to choose from. Gameplay is simple to understand and its user interface and help system makes it easy to approach, yet it provides great challenges of just the right difficulty. Players will fall in love with this game'sFire Emblem is easily one of the greatest titles ever created for the Gameboy Advance. This game is a turn-by-turn tactical RPG featuring dozens of unique characters to choose from. Gameplay is simple to understand and its user interface and help system makes it easy to approach, yet it provides great challenges of just the right difficulty. Players will fall in love with this game's diverse cast of characters, each with their own background story to unravel. Because it is not possible to fully mature every character and reveal each of their side stories in a single playthrough, several plays will be necessary to achieve full completion, resulting in unrivaled replay value. Exceptional gameplay added to a deep, rich story, and met with beautiful art and music Fire Emblem a true masterpiece of entertainment. If you have a Gameboy Advance compatible device and enjoy tactics and strategy themed games, Fire Emblem is an absolute must buy for you! Expand
  4. GregS
    Dec 7, 2009
    THE definitive strategy title for the GBA. The story is exceptional, and all the characters have their own background stories and reasons for fighting with you. The gameplay is also very good too. The leveling system encourages a diverse use of characters, not just a single juggernaut. The statistics driven strategy of the combat makes for a very enjoyable tactical experience forcing you THE definitive strategy title for the GBA. The story is exceptional, and all the characters have their own background stories and reasons for fighting with you. The gameplay is also very good too. The leveling system encourages a diverse use of characters, not just a single juggernaut. The statistics driven strategy of the combat makes for a very enjoyable tactical experience forcing you to constantly evaluate risks to your units. The only downsides come from the predictable AI and the fact that after playing for 300-400 hours you've practically played the game to death. Expand
  5. OmanL
    Mar 22, 2009
    It's a good game but not the best in the series as some might claim. Maybe it's because I ddn't play it at the time it came out, but it seems inferior to the most recent installments. It's the one that took me the longest to complete, but not because it's the hardest or longest game.
  6. JoshH
    Sep 7, 2008
    One of the best Fire Emblem games of all time. Yes, I am also comparing this to the Japanese earlier installments and the console Fire Emblem games of today.
  7. Dec 17, 2013
    I wanted to like this game more, but it gets too long to get started with an endless tutorial trough multiple missions. Characters are not well developed like the Consoles games and few strategic tools, basically just move and attack/heal... still lots of content after the first playtrough if you want to dive into.
  8. EduardForrollI.
    Oct 22, 2003
    FANTASTIC!!!
  9. SamusA.
    Jan 2, 2004
    Anime is dumb, I havent played this game but I see too much anime. Less anime it would be better. And less people with purple or green hair, that looks lame.
  10. BillyC.
    Jan 12, 2004
    I rate this game a 0 becasue THERE IS TO MUCH FREAKEN ANIME why cant it have "REAL LIFE" in it there are no magic spells or people born with green, blue or purple hair . all and all IT SUCKS.
  11. StevenH.
    Dec 22, 2003
    It sux cause i can't find it anywhere in stores!! what is this game? soo popular that it has to be all 'sorry im out'?. farr, now what will i buy for xmas.. lol.
  12. Rtwh
    Feb 10, 2004
    Best game ever!!!! look at toys rus to find this game and give it a better rating.
  13. GlennH.
    Oct 24, 2003
    The japanese version is the best gba game ever, and i didn't even know what they were saying. this one looks even better.
  14. JosefW.
    May 18, 2005
    This is THE BEST video game EVER for the GBA. I'm talking staying up `till six in the morning playing the game. Best thirty-five dollars I've ever spent. One of my favorite things about the game is the depth. You get approx. forty soldiers and they all have THEIR own backround/personalities. You'll cry when one of your soldiers die and reset the game. I just bought the This is THE BEST video game EVER for the GBA. I'm talking staying up `till six in the morning playing the game. Best thirty-five dollars I've ever spent. One of my favorite things about the game is the depth. You get approx. forty soldiers and they all have THEIR own backround/personalities. You'll cry when one of your soldiers die and reset the game. I just bought the Sacred Stones and I hope it will live up to it's name. Expand
  15. Jeff
    Dec 9, 2003
    Great game if you love advance wars. Japan took so long to bring it to America but it was worth the wait. It is so fricken hard though. A great item to add to your x mas list!
  16. TroyB.
    Jan 19, 2004
    This game kicks, it gets way better when u get to the point where u can upgrade ur players. I would buy the game boy advance just 4 this game!
  17. DominickF.
    Jan 31, 2004
    it is by far one of the best games I have ever played, and its on the gba. it has great graphics, great music and a very cool story line. but one of my favorite parts is how if a character dies it is gone for good, that is really cool.
  18. ToddP.
    Jan 30, 2004
    If you ever played the classic advanced wars series and enjoyed it. Than this in an instant buy this game which holds an interesting storyline and likable characters. A level up feature gives you a reason not to go kamikazie aganst enemy units. So go and but it
  19. SteveH.
    Feb 18, 2004
    Id have to Say, That Seeing As How This Game Isnt New Whatsoever , It Is Still Amazing For Its Time..... I believe fft is better..but not by THAT much. all we need now is arc the lad fer gba and were set. haha
    May 11, 2005
    One of the best rpg games EVER! If you don't own this game, it's a must have. Level up characters while trying to keep your favorites alive. Awesome replay value.
  21. DavidD.
    Jun 9, 2005
    Very similar to Advance Wars, but you can't use the "clog their land" strategy because if your guys die, you have to restart, so keep them alive! It's even better than AW. Whaddaya waiting for?
  22. AnonymousMC
    Aug 13, 2009
    A truly outstanding game. It's long, with multiple campaigns & difficulty levels to extend the already great replay value. It's challenging in an almost-too-hard way that keeps you working hard to improve your tactical skills. And the wide diversity of characters, weapons, and team combinations are what good RPG's should be all about. Addicting & entertaining, this is A truly outstanding game. It's long, with multiple campaigns & difficulty levels to extend the already great replay value. It's challenging in an almost-too-hard way that keeps you working hard to improve your tactical skills. And the wide diversity of characters, weapons, and team combinations are what good RPG's should be all about. Addicting & entertaining, this is handheld gaming at its absolute best! Expand
  23. AlasdairR
    Aug 13, 2009
    A fantastic turn-based strategy brining something new to those of us outside Japan whilst leaving all other hand held strategy games in the dust. With decent visuals, an impressive sound track and characters you could well grow generally detached to, not to mention the replay value found in seeing the main quest from a different perspective whilst unlocking all the extra parts of the plot A fantastic turn-based strategy brining something new to those of us outside Japan whilst leaving all other hand held strategy games in the dust. With decent visuals, an impressive sound track and characters you could well grow generally detached to, not to mention the replay value found in seeing the main quest from a different perspective whilst unlocking all the extra parts of the plot this game has everything you could want. Expand
  24. MiguelG.
    Dec 26, 2004
    The best GBA game ever! Having control of all kind of warriors and being able to evolve them so you dont get tired of the characters is what i most like.
  25. MycaN.
    Mar 17, 2004
    A TOTAL knock-out game!!!! It rocks!!!!!!I so say u need to get IT!!!!!! OH,GO JAPANESE ANIME.!!!GREAT gameplay, it's one of those games that actually makes u think of stratagey... GAMERS ALL AROUND THE WORL SHOULD GET IT!!!!IT ROKZZZ!!!
  26. Bishop
    Jan 13, 2005
    Funnest game I've ever played in my life. Way better than advanced wars one or two. Best strategy game out there.
  27. ll
    Nov 14, 2003
    Awesome game. The gameplay is really integrated with the story which makes this game special. Excellent storyline.
  28. AndyS.
    Nov 15, 2003
    Beautiful game!
  29. AdamS.
    Nov 18, 2003
    Better than Advance Wars and FFT. Lovely incorporation of multiple story lines.
  30. Drake
    Nov 18, 2003
    THIS GAME ROCKS! :) Yet It should have been longer.
  31. MikeB.
    Nov 24, 2003
    I love that the shops are in the battles and when a character dies he is gone forever because it makes it a lot more challenging.
  32. ChristianH.
    Nov 25, 2003
    It is really cool the best RPG ive played in years I also think is challenging because if one of your players dies they are gone forever.
  33. Elliott
    Nov 26, 2003
    There is no game better.
  34. VannakS.
    Dec 17, 2003
    I gave it a 10 cause this game has good graphics.
  35. Feb 23, 2013
    What a great classic. Story is engaging, characters are very memorable. Very addicting turn based strategy that sucked out 35 hours of my life in a weekend!
  36. Oct 21, 2012
    Best GBA RPG I've ever played. Sorry Pokémon, but you can't match the characters and the story.
  37. Dec 30, 2012
    Really good. I'm not going to say this is the best fire emblem of the lot because after playing this after Sacred Stones,I just prefer Sacred Stones in most aspects.Still a great game though.
  38. Jun 18, 2013
    Astonishingly good, entertaining, challenging and long game for GBA. FE was unlike anything I played on the handheld so far and most of strategic games for GBA pale in comparison (maybe except Advanced Wars 2).
  39. Mar 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A incredible tactical-rpg it has so much detail every character has their own backstory and personality you can do anything. it has a battle system so deep that i didn't knew much of it, every character can do things that others can't Lyn, Elliwood, Hector they are so complex but incredible, the weapon triangle, the weapons that can contradict the weapon triangle it is so deep. A must buy it is easy to learn but difficult to master buy it or play it from an emulator or wait if it is in the virtual console of the wiiu that will bring gba games. Expand
  40. Sep 14, 2014
    Yes i am playing in 2014,
    It's a really fun game, really irritating to lose your characters, but that just makes you treasure your characters more and forces you not to make stupid decisions.

So fun, great music.
    Turn base similar to Pokemon with a but more, but very fun overall and addictive
  41. Feb 23, 2015
    A true masterpiece! Really irritating to lose your characters, but that just makes you treasure your characters more and forces you not to make stupid decisions. One of the best gba games ever! Characters are well developed plot is great and music is awesome. Definetly get it.

1. It's a game with real heart that fans of Japanese RPGs can't fail to fall in love with. It's also the best turn-based title on the Game Boy Advance since the original "Advance Wars."
  2. Provides an excellent story-driven, but more linear, alternative to the likes of "Advance Wars," for the budding portable strategist.
  3. Offers up some solid gameplay, sharp visuals, likable character designs, and a fairly compelling (if somewhat typical) story. Fans of "Advance Wars" will particularly enjoy it. [Dec 2003, p.102]