Golden Sun Game Boy Advance
9.4

1. Apr 4, 2011
    If there was ever a game more bland and lifeless than Golden Sun...

Let's go back to the beginning. I saw some GS ads in a magazine or something, and thought it looked great. Mainly, I was impressed with the graphics, but I just assumed the rest of the game would have the same quality.

Then I got the game. Now, it starts off with some cliche garbage I can't even remember because it was
    so uninspired. I went on for a while, going through some generic dungeons with generic "puzzles", oh and I did all this while fighting random, generic enemies.

Now the battle? This is the worst part. It's much like Dragon Quest, without any of those "features" or "abilities". All you do is pick a spell out of maybe 5 that are practically identical anyway, repeat 5-20 times and you win. I've played a few mindless RPGs before, but this one just pushes the limits of boredom to their maximum. If you absolutely hate having fun with a burning passion, get this game.

1. Hard-core RPG fans may feel the game is too derivative, to a certain extent it is, but for the rest of us Golden Sun is both a fantastic game and a nice trip down memory lane.
  2. A deep combat engine and brilliant graphics make this the best RPG available on the GBA. [Feb 2003, p.97]
  3. As one of the most critical Nintendo fans around, it's nice to see a game come out for the GBA that's original, pretty, fun, and doesn't involve any one of their stupid mascots.