7.8

1. Apr 23, 2011
    An unoriginal, but crafty action-RPG for the Gameboy Advance. Pros: Beautifully produced for a GBA game and the card based tactics are surprisingly enjoyable. Cons: Repetitive level design and combat; eventually, you WILL run out of cards.
  2. May 23, 2011
    Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories has some of the best looking cutscenes ever seen on a GBA, as well as some stylish card-based battles. Pros: Excellent production for a GBA game; fantastic cutscene; the card-based battles are imaginative and fun; lots of Disney characters. Cons: Dull and repetitive level design; once you're out of cards, battles become overwhelmingly difficult.
  3. Nov 18, 2011
    This is the first sequel of the famous Kingdom Hearts game, it takes place after the first game. The game is in 2D and its entire plane is in 2D although Squareenix tried to make the game as 3D as possible, the controls just doesnt seem right for the 2D style graphics, as the game can become difficult due to the poor positioning and aiming. However for the normal disney and squareenix fan, this game will be perfect for the gameboy advance. You have your classic disney characters along with their Final Fantasy counter parts just like in the first game. At first the storyline might be a re-hash of the first, but there is more to the actual storyline than meets the eye. Along with that the game is now in a card based battle system which will make the players think twice before making their move against the enemy or whether to advance on to the field and choosing a route. Expand
  4. Jan 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Graphics and Gameplay are awesome for the GBA. I like it since I played Kingdom of hearts 2 before this. I love it. Though it has a missing tone. The reality. It just has the same story with the first Kingdom of hearts. I hate the same worlds played over and over again. Expand
  5. Mar 17, 2012
    This game... it's pretty much the Kingdom Hearts equivalent of Final Fantasy IX to me. Everything about this game, in my eyes, is straight up perfect. The pacing of the story is perfect. The characters are perfect. The worlds are perfect. And yes, even the battle system, in my eyes, is straight up perfect. The card system was something fresh and new and it never deteriorated from the balls-to-the-walls-battles for me. The addition of the Nobodies as the primary antagonists was also perfect, because it gave some very complex baddies to actually be scared of. And the story is still from the brilliant minds of Square, being able to capture the themes of rememberance, what we need vs. what we want, and deception in one glorious package.

This game garners a perfect ten out of me, and keep in mind that this is my opinion.
  6. Aug 17, 2012
    A good game. However, the card system is rather...annoying. The story is good and there is a lot of content. Unfortunately the card system really diminishes the game.

1. A really excellent GBA game which pushes the little system to a degree that few games have tried.
  2. The levels are repetitive, boxy mazes with nothing interesting in them aside from battles, and the story's for fans only. Still, it's a technically excellent and fun game that begins to wear only through repetition and ease. [Jan 2005, p.84]
  3. Chain Of Memories' biggest problem is the repetitive nature of most of the rooms. In order to build up anything that even resembles a decent set of cards you'll need to repeat fights countless times to earn Moogle Points and experience, and the relatively limited number of different Heartless in each area can make this something of a chore.