Mario Kart Super Circuit Game Boy Advance

8.3

1. Nov 19, 2016
    The courses are well sometimes annoying but having the 2nd most tracks in a mario kart game so this game is amazing and you can play it on the go so it makes it 7 times better.
  2. Aug 14, 2016
    This game is a combination of Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64. It has the same general gameplay and track design of the original game, but the character models, sounds, and items are reminiscent of the N64 game. I like the soundtrack, contrary to what others say about it. The tracks, while flat like on the SNES, are fun to race on. Coins also make a return from the SNES. There is localThis game is a combination of Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64. It has the same general gameplay and track design of the original game, but the character models, sounds, and items are reminiscent of the N64 game. I like the soundtrack, contrary to what others say about it. The tracks, while flat like on the SNES, are fun to race on. Coins also make a return from the SNES. There is local multiplayer with one cartridge, 40 tracks, and a lot of challenge. You're getting the full package with this one. Expand
  3. Aug 1, 2016
    The game does lack variety and the courses are generic and standard mario kart tracks but everything else ranges from okay to good but this game isn't memorable.
  4. Jun 10, 2016
    I need more! I cant get enough of Mario Kart Super Circuit. The best game of the series. I love every course, aside from some of the poorly designed SNES tracks. The controls are difficult to master, but very smooth and responsive. I love this game miles ahead of any other Mario Kart.
  5. Apr 6, 2016
    This is the closest Mario Kart game you'll ever get to the Game Boy Advance. To these people who hate on this game, please don't because there won't be any more games like this on your Game Boy Advance. With Super Circuit, it remains being the best Mario Kart game on a classical handheld.
  6. Jan 29, 2016
    I actually think this game has the best graphics as a GBA game, and I really like the tracks, like Rainbow Road, Ribbon Road, Cheese Land, and Sunset Wilds. I honestly think this game is great, even though it's 15 years old.
  7. Nov 25, 2015
    Unlike what some others believe, Mario Kart Super Circuit is actually really fun and enjoyable.
    If you differ, that's entirely OK, but I say it's great! ;)
  8. Nov 14, 2015
    It's not the best Mario Kart game IMO but it is one of my favourite Game Boy Advance Games I've ever played. The Graphics are great for the GBA. The courses are awesome especially Snow Land. Boo Lake and Riverside Park are okay but a 10/10 for the design and visuals, and I hope to see in the next Mario Kart 8 DLC. The character selection is the same from Mario Kart 64 which is okay. TheIt's not the best Mario Kart game IMO but it is one of my favourite Game Boy Advance Games I've ever played. The Graphics are great for the GBA. The courses are awesome especially Snow Land. Boo Lake and Riverside Park are okay but a 10/10 for the design and visuals, and I hope to see in the next Mario Kart 8 DLC. The character selection is the same from Mario Kart 64 which is okay. The controls are good. Mario Kart Super Circuit is not the best Mario Kart game but you should definitely get it soon because it's worth playing and adding to your collection and if you hate MKSC or any other MK Game, you're BEYOND silly as JB. Expand
  9. Aug 16, 2014
    Game: Mario Kart Super Circuit
    Genre: Racing
    Developer: Intelligent Systems/Nintendo System: Gameboy Advance (GBA) Total Score: 81/100 Value Score: 8.1/10 • Story: */10 • Characters: 9/10 • GamePlay: 8/10 • Graphics: 8/10 • Sound: 6/10 • Music: 7/10 • Length: 7/10 • Replay Value: 9/10 • Player Value: 7/10 Pros +More characters than the original SNES version
    Game: Mario Kart Super Circuit
    Genre: Racing
    Developer: Intelligent Systems/Nintendo
    System: Gameboy Advance (GBA)
    Total Score: 81/100

• Music: 7/10
    • Length: 7/10
    • Replay Value: 9/10
    • Player Value: 7/10

Pros
    +More characters than the original SNES version
    +Includes a whole new set of tracks along with the SNES version's tracks
    +Music has been remixed for the extra tracks
    +New modes such as Quick run which enables customization of races and vehicles and VS mode which allows multiplayer battles
    +Addition of backgrounds in race tracks adds a nice touch to the visuals

Cons
    -Extra tracks missing obstacles makes it seem like it was a rushed idea and very empty in design
    -Due to the GBA sound card, most of the sounds seem a bit off and sometimes some voices do not work at all or some sounds do not work.
    -The lack of the feather ability makes some of the extra track shortcuts seem useless
  10. Jul 28, 2014
    This is a pretty enjoyable entry for the series, it sports some nice graphics for the GBA. The control takes some time to get used to, but it's pretty good when you do. The tracks are fun and there are some great ideas. It's a barrel full of fun and while it is one of the hardest Mario Kart games, it's definitely a great one.
  11. Feb 4, 2014
    For that time, it was the best racer on the GBA for sure and was hell fun. It was not easy to get the best ranking on all cups and the tracks were good and short, so doing a cup on the go was ok. However the controls were hard to handle and you need time to learn them, so there is a learning curve and beginners should have got a hard time. But the amount of what you can do was really surprising!
  12. Sep 11, 2013
    I really LOVE this game. I played this game every single day and never got tired of it.

Mario Kart Super Circuit is just an amazing game. Score: 4/5.
  13. Mar 2, 2012
    Even after Mario Kart 7, MKSC still has a lot of extreme fun. It has 40 tracks, more than any other game in the series. What's not to like in a racing game this good?
  14. Oct 27, 2011
    This game gives you 200%: 100% is a game of its own, with its 20 original courses, the other 100% is a remake of Super Mario Kart; fantastic and a timeless game that has high replay value
  15. Jun 4, 2011
    Mario Kart Super Circuit is truly a redefining game on the GBA. Pros: Fantastic graphics for the GBA; lots of characters, tracks, and options; lots of single-player and multiplayer value. Cons: The controls are a tad bit tough to adapt to.
  16. May 26, 2011
    I was surprised at how much this is like Mario Kart 64, what with the position of the camera. Featuring decent graphics and a boatload of courses, this one will keep you on the road.
  17. May 1, 2011
    It's "almost" all the fun of Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 right on your GBA. Pros: Excellent visuals and control; some of the best graphics on a GBA ever; single-player and multi-player mode are a blast; variety of characters and tracks. Cons: It can feel a bit repetitious, especially if it's the only GBA game you have.
  18. MarkH
    Aug 24, 2009
    A great racing game, my only complaint is that the coins are just flat out annoying, and i wish you could turn coins off in grand prix, luckily you will spend most of your time playing quick run and time trial where there are no coins if you dont want them
  19. BenK.
    Jun 28, 2008
    Mario Kart made a great comeback on the GBA, but most of the SNES type tracks weren't done completely well or weren't to their full entirety. Anyways, it's a great game for the GBA.
  20. RicardoH
    May 7, 2008
    It's a great game nintendo need to fix mario and luigi weakness. It's a fun game plus it got the other tracks from the snes version. No character is perfect not even peach and toad who is get push around like babies and bowser like a dumb onix with weight (he's dumb). I love the game, few flaws but hey a must have! Need to fix the steering.
  21. KaseyF.
    Dec 2, 2007
    Edge, what is wrong with you?
  22. CoreyS.
    May 25, 2006
    This is the game that turned me on to the Mario Kart Series. I couldn't even count how many hours I've gotten out of this game. It also is one of the first well-made 3-D games for a portible system.
  23. MysteryGuy
    May 17, 2006
    It is absaloutly amazing i can't belive that dumbo gave it a 5! its best its greatest and its funest thing ever on nintendo ds or anything else like psp... I gave it a tenar a tenar! thats how good it is nintendo fans buy this game first!
    Sep 14, 2004
    Marvelous.
  25. Uter
    May 31, 2003
    It's a lot like Super Mario Kart, which is a very goog thing for the number of people disappointed with Mario Kart 64.
  26. A.F.
    Apr 18, 2003
    How can anyone say that if you have it on the N64 then it's too similar? It's incredible that they've managed to make it so similar for a 32 bit machine - the graphics are superb and the amount of options packed onto the one small cart is amazing. A must buy for any real nintendo fan (and if you're not a nintendo fan - what have you done by buying the machine?) I think How can anyone say that if you have it on the N64 then it's too similar? It's incredible that they've managed to make it so similar for a 32 bit machine - the graphics are superb and the amount of options packed onto the one small cart is amazing. A must buy for any real nintendo fan (and if you're not a nintendo fan - what have you done by buying the machine?) I think that this beats the pants off all the other mario games just because of it's sheer lastability and multiplayer modes also........battle anyone!!?? Expand
  27. Ace_of_spades
    Mar 16, 2003
    Fun.
  28. RacerC.
    Dec 7, 2002
    Extremely fun! A new Mario Kart experience... almost as good as the SNES one, better than the N64 one.
  29. ZiggyStardust
    Nov 7, 2002
    While it's graphics are somewhat sub-par compared to the Snes Super Mario Kart, I can't help but really like Super Circuit too. I feel it's the best GBA game.
  30. B.S.
    Oct 22, 2002
    Too much like 64's version. If you have super mario cart 64 don't buy this!

#2 Most Discussed Game Boy Advance Game of 2001
#10 Most Shared Game Boy Advance Game of 2001

1. One of the most ingenious games ever to come from the Nintendo stable.
  2. If you play this game over and over like I did, then you will find something new and challenging each and every time you plug it in.
  3. Fortunately, although the naming scheme has strayed from tradition, the gameplay is exactly what you expect of Mario Kart.