Mario Kart Super Circuit Game Boy Advance

8.2

1. Oct 29, 2013
    Such an underrated game, It has some of the best courses in Mario Kart history and it has 40 different courses. With that many courses you can play this game for hours.
  2. Mar 22, 2013
    While it is like the original, the original has not aged the best. The controls are floaty, but it is Mario kart, but only a decent one. The tracks are good but not great, in fact everything about this is only okay.
  3. Jun 20, 2014
    Maybe I just need to get used to the controls, but I found Super Circuit to be probably the worst game in the entire Mario Kart series and it seriously shocks me to see that this game got the highest score on Metacritic out of all the Mario Kart games. I mean the game is not bad, but it just fell flat for me and it kind just feels a bit dated for it's type of game.

Pros: -Atmosphere

Pros:
    -Atmosphere and character selection is fine.
    -The graphics are done well...well probably about as well as the GBA can handle.
    -Item selection is fine, the courses...not bad.
    -I like that they brought the courses from the original Super Mario Kart.

Cons:
    -Steering controls felt gimmicky which was bad for the loads of sharp turns this game had.
    -When you had no coins, there would be this annoying and repetitive beeping noise.
    -There is a delay when you run into a banana peel or a hazard like that where you would just shake a bit continue a little and then spin around out of control which is STUPID!
    -Like MK64, the Time Trails are very strict on how you can save the ghosts, like on Boo Lake if you bump into just one small edge of the stage it will immediately prevent you from saving the Ghost.
    -I didn't like Luigi's voice or his winning pose (I know, very nit-picky of me)
    -Also Nit-Picky but seriously, another giant Cheep-Cheep floating over the celebration stage. I am so glad they too that stupid thing out of Double-Dash and Mario Kart games beyond that.
    -Credits are un-skip-able, which is annoying, especially when the credit music is crap when compared to MK64's amazing credit music.

Overall, This is a Mario Kart i'd probably would say to skip unless you find it for a great deal.
  4. Edge
    Nov 8, 2005
    I cant believe that this game got such good scores. I got it for an 8 hour road trip and played it never again. It is so repetitive that it got boring the day after I got it. On the way back home, I bought a new game so i wouldnt have to punish myself. This game would be better if you played it drunk!
  5. NixonTech
    Mar 23, 2008
    This is why mario has not aged well in my opinion.
  6. Feb 13, 2015
    My least favourite Mario Kart besides the SNES. But it's an okay game. The graphics are fine. The quality is horrible. The character selection is the same as the N64. The tracks are good but flat. Mario Kart Super Circuit isn't "that" good but it is worth getting to add to your Mario Kart collection.

#2 Most Discussed Game Boy Advance Game of 2001
#10 Most Shared Game Boy Advance Game of 2001

1. One of the most ingenious games ever to come from the Nintendo stable.
  2. If you play this game over and over like I did, then you will find something new and challenging each and every time you plug it in.
  3. Fortunately, although the naming scheme has strayed from tradition, the gameplay is exactly what you expect of Mario Kart.