Mario vs. Donkey Kong Game Boy Advance

7.9

1. Trix
    Jun 12, 2004
    I thought the game was too easy until I got stuck. How DO you get past that level? The game has a lot of flash, good sound effects, decent eye candy and humor. Some kids playing it were actaully laughing out loud. It's the feel good Mario game of the moment. I wish it included all the original Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr levels, but this is all about the puzzles. I liked DK94 better I thought the game was too easy until I got stuck. How DO you get past that level? The game has a lot of flash, good sound effects, decent eye candy and humor. Some kids playing it were actaully laughing out loud. It's the feel good Mario game of the moment. I wish it included all the original Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr levels, but this is all about the puzzles. I liked DK94 better at first, but this one just looks better (though plays very much the same). It's like comparing an old VW Beetle to a New Beetle. The old one has authentic charm, but you'd rather drive the new one because it has all the bells and whistles. Expand
  2. JonH.
    Sep 11, 2004
    A fun silly solid mario game, the best mario game in a long time.
  3. Jan 18, 2013
    GBA at its pefection. Funny, cute, long and challenging and graphics were pleasing. The puzzels were obviously made by a genuis and as frustating it was and you'll feel like a genius after playing too! Since all the puzzels where mind squeezing and coporative., it never got boring. The cutscenes where classy too! It'll take you a while to get bored of Mario cute lil quotations.
  4. Apr 14, 2016
    Mario vs. Donkey Kong is one of those fanservices that actually works. It's not because it's just a video game and I'm claiming video game battles to be better than movie battles, it's that Nintendo created it just the way the movies are supposed to do them.

#21 Most Discussed Game Boy Advance Game of 2004
#3 Most Shared Game Boy Advance Game of 2004

Oh-so-close to being the perfect handheld game. Its rich, entertaining gameplay can be enjoyed in nuggets, and simply put, it’s beautifully designed.
  2. It's not necessarily innovative, but it is fun and particularly suited to people who have only short burst of time to play on the GBA.
    Visually, this is a good example of what the GBA can do, with clean lines and solid character animation. There's a bit of slowdown on crowded screens, but the controls are tight and generally the game moves smoothly.