Metroid Fusion

Game Boy Advance
9.1

1. Nov 4, 2011
    If you're a fan of the Metroid series as well as a game hobbyist, this is a fine addition to any collection. With the large map exploration and item hunting people have come to expect of the series, you will have many fun hours to come with this game.
  2. May 27, 2013
    Metroid Fusion is a near perfect 2D adventure game. The controls are pinpoint precise, the music and sound design are excellent and the famous atmosphere of the Metroid series has been carried over exactly. The difficulty is just about right too. There are some challenging bosses to be dealt with (namely the SA-X chase sequence and Nightmare) but nothing feels over-the-top unlike MetroidMetroid Fusion is a near perfect 2D adventure game. The controls are pinpoint precise, the music and sound design are excellent and the famous atmosphere of the Metroid series has been carried over exactly. The difficulty is just about right too. There are some challenging bosses to be dealt with (namely the SA-X chase sequence and Nightmare) but nothing feels over-the-top unlike Metroid Prime 2. the level design is fantastic too. Due to the game's more plot heavy nature, you've always got an objective to take care of. This makes the game more accessible than previous Metroid games. That said, the game still gives you more than enough exploration to do and parts like the AQA labyrinth will have you scratching your head and begging for a guide! Basically speaking, I love Metroid Fusion. It's one of my favorite 2D games of all time and a worthy successor to legendary Super Metroid. Expand
  3. ChuckK.
    Mar 19, 2004
    Great pacing, control, story, gameplay. can be a little tough to figure out at times, but it's worth the effort. no complaints.
  4. J3
    May 31, 2006
    An amazing game. Sure it is a bit short and it tells you everything you have to do, but there are many hidden items that are hard to find and harder to get. To really beat this game, you must beat it with all the items in under 6 and a half hours. This gives you a harder and better ending. Which is challenging to most players. The good thing about the co iving you orders is that it is An amazing game. Sure it is a bit short and it tells you everything you have to do, but there are many hidden items that are hard to find and harder to get. To really beat this game, you must beat it with all the items in under 6 and a half hours. This gives you a harder and better ending. Which is challenging to most players. The good thing about the co iving you orders is that it is very clear where you have to go but it provides challenges on how to get there, and if you arent careful, the first few times you will need to watch carefully to beat the bosses as some(like the spider) can take out three life bars in one hit, and will continuously hit you if you don't know how to evade it. Expand
  5. May 22, 2013
    Metroid Fusion is a great game. The graphics, controls and music are excellent in the game and these are things that I have come to expect in the Metroid series.
  6. Nov 27, 2016
    Геймплей 9/10 . Саундтрек 8/10. Сюжет 9/10. Игра атмосферная, очень крутая. Игра бывает местами занудная, но все равно остается крутой. Советую поиграть
  7. JonS.
    Dec 7, 2002
    Amazing! Even the toughest Metroid fans like myself will be very satisfied.
  8. May 21, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game does a few fantastic things for the Metroid series. First, it gives a fresh take on the Metroid formula. No, it's not quite as focused on exploration this time around, but that isn't unforgivably bad. It makes up for this with an incredible atmosphere, horrifying bosses, and the best inclusion, SA-X. The way this monster stalks the player throughout feels more at home in a Resident Evil game, but SA-X also serves as a litmus test for how powerful Samus becomes through the game. At first SA-X will shred you in seconds, but by the end you are equals.

The next best part of this game is the interesting characterization it gives to Samus, and ultimately the great opening it makes for the series. It ends with Samus becoming an outlaw in the eyes of the Federation, and flying off into the unknown.

NOW MAKE A SEQUEL NINTENDO
  9. Jun 18, 2013
    It is like Megaman and Castlevania in a cool scifi setting with evil space parasites!
    Best Metroid on GBA because it looks and plays better than Zero Mission.
  10. Feb 4, 2014
    My first Metroid and it was a great experience! Such great mix of exploring, adventure and action in 2D that was just amazing for that time. The bosses were really unique and challenging. That is for sure a must-buy.
  11. Nov 5, 2014
    Some people seem to think the game is too linear, but to find all the items I can guarantee you will be fumbling around for hours. I personally think it's a great balance of story and exploration. I think the gameplay and level designed has been refined from Super Metroid (which is a great game as well, don't get me wrong). This is probably my favorite Metroid game so far.
  12. SeanT.
    Mar 30, 2004
    A solid title that captures the classic gameplay established in Super Metroid down to a tee! Challenging, intense and even nostalgic; Metroid 4 offers gamers a taste of the good life and gives dear Samus a new lease on life. With a slightly different flavor than before, this new spin on Samus comes packed with some awesome gamecube interactivity unlocking the Fusion suit in Metroid Prime A solid title that captures the classic gameplay established in Super Metroid down to a tee! Challenging, intense and even nostalgic; Metroid 4 offers gamers a taste of the good life and gives dear Samus a new lease on life. With a slightly different flavor than before, this new spin on Samus comes packed with some awesome gamecube interactivity unlocking the Fusion suit in Metroid Prime and the original Metroid game in Metroid Fusion. There's not excuse for not owning this. Period. Expand
  13. DylanW.
    Feb 8, 2004
    This is a great game with plenty of challenges, in every way this game is greatand extremely fun. And if you just play for cool abilities, the new abilities in this are eye-popping. BUY IT NOW IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT! YOU WILL LOVE IT!
  14. GregJ.
    Dec 19, 2002
    This game is a must buy. if you're a metroid fan this is a must have it brings back the classic metroid into a funfilled GBA game with better graphics. BEST GAME OUT THERE I THINK!!!
  15. CoreyS.
    May 25, 2006
    The first and best Metroid game I have ever played and also one of the only ones I've finished. It is a bit short but it is still a great game.
  16. AndrewC.
    Feb 7, 2007
    Metroid Fusion is, without a doubt, the very best 2D Metroid game out there. Remember Super Metroid? Forget about it. Everything good about that game is here, but PERFECT. Perfect controls, visuals, sound, length, story, weapons, variety, and...well, everything. I have played this game through at least six times already, and I plan to go again. GET IT NOW!
  17. Nov 17, 2012
    I don't play Metroid games to be told what to do. If you like the exploration and independence of the other games, avoid Fusion. It is absolutely linear, plodding, and just plain wearying to play. Then there's the art. A lot has been said about how good the game looks, and I won't lie: it's pretty good. However, they try to throw so much on screen at times, it's hard to even tell what'sI don't play Metroid games to be told what to do. If you like the exploration and independence of the other games, avoid Fusion. It is absolutely linear, plodding, and just plain wearying to play. Then there's the art. A lot has been said about how good the game looks, and I won't lie: it's pretty good. However, they try to throw so much on screen at times, it's hard to even tell what's foreground or background, what you need to be paying attention to and what you should ignore. It just ends up looking messy. Oh, and this is the game that introduced the Adam Malkovich albatross that culminated in the fiasco that is Other M.

This isn't the worst game in the series, but it DEFINITELY doesn't deserve the 100/100s that you see over on the critic side or the 10/10s on the user side. If you want a "return to form" GBA Metroid, play Zero Mission. The Prime games are also good examples of how to do Metroid gameplay (Hint: it's about the exploration).
  18. IanW.
    Oct 4, 2003
    Linear, predictable, main enemies far too easy, bosses too hard. Poor show.
  19. B.S.
    Feb 8, 2003
    what the hell new layout? O well I like megaman zero better cause I didn't have to be a chicken sh.t and run away from a copy of myself(did enough of that in x6)
  20. UnknownX
    Mar 16, 2003
    Cool Sh.t!
  21. EGO-Xx
    Mar 31, 2003
    It's the SH!T
  22. ChristopherG.
    Jul 30, 2005
    I think, thats the best game for GBA.
  23. MarioG.
    Feb 27, 2003
    It's a super Game!!!!!!!
  24. JaysonC-B
    Mar 20, 2004
    Great Game ^^.
  25. CloudStrife
    Apr 15, 2005
    Come on Ian W. you cannot RATE A GAME wit a 1!! Any game at least must take a 3. Come on dont be so low. I love the game.
  26. DivineStorm
    Jul 11, 2008
    An incredible game! Actually better than zero mission, because this game has a much deeper storyline and is three times longer than zero mission! Also beautiful graphics and gameplay.
  27. Sourgorilla
    Aug 17, 2003
    Great gam but can't get past sector five, no way out.
  28. NickW.
    Apr 22, 2004
    Great sound,graphics, and story.
  29. TBone
    Feb 16, 2008
    Play control, visuals, sound are all outstanding. This is a BEAUTIFUL handheld game. My problem is with the difficulty level. You're weak and the enemies do TOO MUCH DAMAGE. Boss battles can be a major pain as well. On top of this you have to move fast to receive the best ending (I hear.) I sadly had to give it up out of frustration.

#2 Most Discussed Game Boy Advance Game of 2002
#1 Most Shared Game Boy Advance Game of 2002

1. Perhaps the only niggle that you can level at Metroid Fusion, is that the focus on strong story telling reduces the exploration aspect, an area that the Metroid series is virtually unrivalled in.
  2. GMR Magazine
    While the gameplay is faster, and more responsive than ever before, MF manages to feel even more claustophobic than in the past. That's a good thing. [Feb 2003, p.75]
  3. My favourite 2D Metroid yet... [and] the best platform adventure the GBA has.