Metroid Fusion Game Boy Advance

Mar 31, 2003
    It's the SH!T
  3. ChuckK.
    Mar 19, 2004
    Great pacing, control, story, gameplay. can be a little tough to figure out at times, but it's worth the effort. no complaints.
  4. RobertA.
    Apr 6, 2004
    Can you hear that. that sounds good. really good. best sound ever.
  5. ChristopherG.
    Jul 30, 2005
    I think, thats the best game for GBA.
  6. MarioG.
    Feb 27, 2003
    It's a super Game!!!!!!!
  7. DylanW.
    Feb 8, 2004
    This is a great game with plenty of challenges, in every way this game is greatand extremely fun. And if you just play for cool abilities, the new abilities in this are eye-popping. BUY IT NOW IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT! YOU WILL LOVE IT!
  8. JoeS.
    Mar 19, 2004
    What the hell are you doing?! Turn off your computer and Buy This game NOW. If you don't hav a GBA buy GBA then buy this game!!!!!
  9. JaysonC-B
    Mar 20, 2004
    Great Game ^^.
  10. CloudStrife
    Apr 15, 2005
    Come on Ian W. you cannot RATE A GAME wit a 1!! Any game at least must take a 3. Come on dont be so low. I love the game.
  11. AndrewC.
    Feb 7, 2007
    Metroid Fusion is, without a doubt, the very best 2D Metroid game out there. Remember Super Metroid? Forget about it. Everything good about that game is here, but PERFECT. Perfect controls, visuals, sound, length, story, weapons, variety, and...well, everything. I have played this game through at least six times already, and I plan to go again. GET IT NOW!
  12. DivineStorm
    Jul 11, 2008
    An incredible game! Actually better than zero mission, because this game has a much deeper storyline and is three times longer than zero mission! Also beautiful graphics and gameplay.
  13. GregJ.
    Dec 19, 2002
    This game is a must buy. if you're a metroid fan this is a must have it brings back the classic metroid into a funfilled GBA game with better graphics. BEST GAME OUT THERE I THINK!!!
  14. JonS.
    Dec 7, 2002
    Amazing! Even the toughest Metroid fans like myself will be very satisfied.
  15. Sourgorilla
    Aug 17, 2003
    Great gam but can't get past sector five, no way out.
  16. NickW.
    Apr 22, 2004
    Great sound,graphics, and story.
  17. Jarek
    Dec 28, 2006
    It's very interesting game with great graphic, story, and sound. I like this game since I saw first time it, this is no easy, but no hard game. The difficult is medium and I think Nintendo can continue creating games with this story
  18. J3
    May 31, 2006
    An amazing game. Sure it is a bit short and it tells you everything you have to do, but there are many hidden items that are hard to find and harder to get. To really beat this game, you must beat it with all the items in under 6 and a half hours. This gives you a harder and better ending. Which is challenging to most players. The good thing about the co iving you orders is that it is An amazing game. Sure it is a bit short and it tells you everything you have to do, but there are many hidden items that are hard to find and harder to get. To really beat this game, you must beat it with all the items in under 6 and a half hours. This gives you a harder and better ending. Which is challenging to most players. The good thing about the co iving you orders is that it is very clear where you have to go but it provides challenges on how to get there, and if you arent careful, the first few times you will need to watch carefully to beat the bosses as some(like the spider) can take out three life bars in one hit, and will continuously hit you if you don't know how to evade it. Expand
  19. MinceMeat
    Nov 14, 2005
    Interesting storyline, highly recommended
  20. May 27, 2013
    Metroid Fusion is a near perfect 2D adventure game. The controls are pinpoint precise, the music and sound design are excellent and the famous atmosphere of the Metroid series has been carried over exactly. The difficulty is just about right too. There are some challenging bosses to be dealt with (namely the SA-X chase sequence and Nightmare) but nothing feels over-the-top unlike MetroidMetroid Fusion is a near perfect 2D adventure game. The controls are pinpoint precise, the music and sound design are excellent and the famous atmosphere of the Metroid series has been carried over exactly. The difficulty is just about right too. There are some challenging bosses to be dealt with (namely the SA-X chase sequence and Nightmare) but nothing feels over-the-top unlike Metroid Prime 2. the level design is fantastic too. Due to the game's more plot heavy nature, you've always got an objective to take care of. This makes the game more accessible than previous Metroid games. That said, the game still gives you more than enough exploration to do and parts like the AQA labyrinth will have you scratching your head and begging for a guide! Basically speaking, I love Metroid Fusion. It's one of my favorite 2D games of all time and a worthy successor to legendary Super Metroid. Expand
  21. Apr 5, 2012
    A masterpiece. An epic return to Samus, nice GBA graphics, the plot is very good indeed and hard difficulty... I loved this game when I was a child, and still loving it now.
  22. Feb 17, 2013
    I don't really care if this Metroid title is more linear than previous titles or that someone might not like Samus Aran's new look. The gameplay mechanics are solid, the atmosphere is eerie and the story is interesting. There's a reason critics have rated it highly.
  23. Nov 4, 2011
    If you're a fan of the Metroid series as well as a game hobbyist, this is a fine addition to any collection. With the large map exploration and item hunting people have come to expect of the series, you will have many fun hours to come with this game.
  24. May 21, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game does a few fantastic things for the Metroid series. First, it gives a fresh take on the Metroid formula. No, it's not quite as focused on exploration this time around, but that isn't unforgivably bad. It makes up for this with an incredible atmosphere, horrifying bosses, and the best inclusion, SA-X. The way this monster stalks the player throughout feels more at home in a Resident Evil game, but SA-X also serves as a litmus test for how powerful Samus becomes through the game. At first SA-X will shred you in seconds, but by the end you are equals.

The next best part of this game is the interesting characterization it gives to Samus, and ultimately the great opening it makes for the series. It ends with Samus becoming an outlaw in the eyes of the Federation, and flying off into the unknown.

NOW MAKE A SEQUEL NINTENDO
  25. May 14, 2013
    Metroid Fusion is not only my favorite metroid game but one of my favorite games in general. Now most people write this game off due to it's linear approach because most metroid games pride themselves in being non linear. But Metroid Fusion decides to go linear and it actually works for this game. its also quite a lengthy game too. PLEASE pick this game up I just can't do it justice.
  26. May 22, 2013
    Metroid Fusion is a great game. The graphics, controls and music are excellent in the game and these are things that I have come to expect in the Metroid series.
  27. Feb 4, 2014
    My first Metroid and it was a great experience! Such great mix of exploring, adventure and action in 2D that was just amazing for that time. The bosses were really unique and challenging. That is for sure a must-buy.
  28. Nov 5, 2014
    Some people seem to think the game is too linear, but to find all the items I can guarantee you will be fumbling around for hours. I personally think it's a great balance of story and exploration. I think the gameplay and level designed has been refined from Super Metroid (which is a great game as well, don't get me wrong). This is probably my favorite Metroid game so far.
  29. Sep 23, 2016
    I'm a big fan of 2D sidescrolling platformers. I also love Sci-Fi. And atmospheric games? There's nothing better. Metroid: Fusion is a perfect version of all these things. As a sidescroller, it feels good to play, with Samus' missiles being incredibly satisfying to shoot and her controls tight. Everything looks and sounds amazing and the enemy designs are some of the best I've ever seenI'm a big fan of 2D sidescrolling platformers. I also love Sci-Fi. And atmospheric games? There's nothing better. Metroid: Fusion is a perfect version of all these things. As a sidescroller, it feels good to play, with Samus' missiles being incredibly satisfying to shoot and her controls tight. Everything looks and sounds amazing and the enemy designs are some of the best I've ever seen (and some of the bosses are gaming gold).
    The game gets legitimately scary; not only are you all alone in the BSL station, but occasionally you'll encounter a particularly frightening enemy known as the SA-X that is far more powerful than you. These sections of the game become a sort of stealth mode where you'll have to hide and wait for the SA-X to pass you by. One part in particular stands out: a terrifying section where you have to run directly past the SA-X, in full view, and shake it off before it can blast you to pieces with its lasers.
    The game's reasonably lengthy and is pretty difficult to 100%, so it's probably worth whatever you're paying for it. Especially since it's so darn good. It's also my favorite game, by the way. Just putting that out there.
  30. Aug 3, 2017
    I've recently completed this game on the Wii U...what a masterpiece!!! It is the best Metroid game I have played so far (Super Metroid 1994, Fusion 2002 and Zero Mission 2004). It had everything I like in a game besides the hidden items...simply cannot find them sometimes...I had to look on the internet.
  31. Aug 16, 2017
    My first introduction to the metroid games and it has hooked me, this game is a masterpiece, it looks stunning on the GBA and plays just as good with the controls feeling spot on, this game has me very hyped for the upcoming samus returns and has made me a metroid fan.

It is really impressive how much atmosphere this game mages to project, with a combination of great visuals and soundtrack, truly a masterpiece.
  32. B.S.
    Feb 8, 2003
    what the hell new layout? O well I like megaman zero better cause I didn't have to be a chicken sh.t and run away from a copy of myself(did enough of that in x6)
  33. SeanT.
    Mar 30, 2004
    A solid title that captures the classic gameplay established in Super Metroid down to a tee! Challenging, intense and even nostalgic; Metroid 4 offers gamers a taste of the good life and gives dear Samus a new lease on life. With a slightly different flavor than before, this new spin on Samus comes packed with some awesome gamecube interactivity unlocking the Fusion suit in Metroid Prime A solid title that captures the classic gameplay established in Super Metroid down to a tee! Challenging, intense and even nostalgic; Metroid 4 offers gamers a taste of the good life and gives dear Samus a new lease on life. With a slightly different flavor than before, this new spin on Samus comes packed with some awesome gamecube interactivity unlocking the Fusion suit in Metroid Prime and the original Metroid game in Metroid Fusion. There's not excuse for not owning this. Period. Expand
  34. SamusL.
    Nov 18, 2003
    I love everything about this game! I beat it in a little over 11 hours. I really would have beaten it alot sooner except for that one tank, you know the one I'm talking about! Otherwise, a Grade A game!!
  35. CoreyS.
    May 25, 2006
    The first and best Metroid game I have ever played and also one of the only ones I've finished. It is a bit short but it is still a great game.
  36. Jan 3, 2012
    So fun...but so much more linear than the other games of this style that I've been enjoying since Super Metroid and Castlevania:SotN. But a bit of linearity isn't necessarily an awful thing...it certainly help you avoid those huge blocks of time spent lost and wondering what you were supposed to get to next. But in my latest play-through of this game (after it was released as part of theSo fun...but so much more linear than the other games of this style that I've been enjoying since Super Metroid and Castlevania:SotN. But a bit of linearity isn't necessarily an awful thing...it certainly help you avoid those huge blocks of time spent lost and wondering what you were supposed to get to next. But in my latest play-through of this game (after it was released as part of the 3DS ambassador program), I played through the game in a little over three hours. That's not a lot of gameplay...though I'm sure part of the problem was that I'd played through the game 4-5 times before (although I don't think the last time was within the past five years or so). Anyhow, I love this game style, I enjoyed the game, I want more metroid/castlevania games like this. C'mon developers, hook us up. Expand
  37. Mar 21, 2012
    good game......aparently this game used to be very popular i could tell by asking ll my friends at school......i got this game in the end out of curiousity....and this game is extremely challenging and very action packed....the bosses are far beyond another world hard after you beat the first three bosses.......in the end i gave this game to a friend who hates this game and wreaks havoc ongood game......aparently this game used to be very popular i could tell by asking ll my friends at school......i got this game in the end out of curiousity....and this game is extremely challenging and very action packed....the bosses are far beyond another world hard after you beat the first three bosses.......in the end i gave this game to a friend who hates this game and wreaks havoc on it....and its all because of the diffuculty of the game....if you have bad tempers with insanly hard games this game is not your type....in the end i enjoy this game and still wonder why did i give this game away.... Expand
  38. Jun 18, 2013
    It is like Megaman and Castlevania in a cool scifi setting with evil space parasites!
    Best Metroid on GBA because it looks and plays better than Zero Mission.
  39. Apr 25, 2014
    An excellent GBA platformer. Great story, more action-packed than previous Metroid games, great soundtrack and beautiful visuals. While the game is very linear, in contrast to previous Metroid games, this game is excellent and easily one of the best games on the GBA.
  40. Aug 18, 2014
    Yeah, the computer guide is annoying, and you don't have as much freedom to explore, but this is still a fantastic game. Love the WiiU version -- plays so well and looks great on the gamepad.
  41. Sep 30, 2014
    My personal favorite 2D Metroid game. The music and graphics are great. The gameplay is very polished and the boss fights are some of the best in the series. Metroid Fusion also has great atmosphere. The only flaw about this game is how linear it can be at times, but besides that this game is a must have.
  42. Nov 27, 2016
    Геймплей 9/10 . Саундтрек 8/10. Сюжет 9/10. Игра атмосферная, очень крутая. Игра бывает местами занудная, но все равно остается крутой. Советую поиграть
  43. Apr 8, 2017
    metroid fusion es para mi el mejor juego de toda la historia de la GBA. Es un juego un poco mas lineal q los anteriores pero igual sigue siendo muy divertido y bueno para todos los q disfrutan los plataformas de exploracion como metroid
  44. Jun 7, 2017
    I was never a huge Metroid fan, but playing Metroid Fusion as a child was an amazing experience for me and a great hook to the decades long franchise. Even as an adult with a critical eye Metroid Fusion is nothing short of absolute brilliance with the way it handles its shooting/platform/exploration style. Its story is very well done, with the pacing of the next big around every cornerI was never a huge Metroid fan, but playing Metroid Fusion as a child was an amazing experience for me and a great hook to the decades long franchise. Even as an adult with a critical eye Metroid Fusion is nothing short of absolute brilliance with the way it handles its shooting/platform/exploration style. Its story is very well done, with the pacing of the next big around every corner feels genius and never dull at all. The atmosphere is surprisingly spectacular, with a touch of a dark element that almost at times makes it feel like a horror game more than a shooter. The SA-X are outstanding in putting tension and even dread into players when forced to run from them. Some of bosses also have this sort of creepy and dark aura about them that made them unsettling to fight (and this mind you is all on a handheld game where compromises are made instead of being put on a console. IF Metroid Prime is the magnum opus of Nintendo's console shooters (and all shooters in general), then Metroid Fusion is the magnum opus of Nintendo's handheld devices when it comes to 2D shooters.

The only drawbacks are minimal, but perhaps the difficulty could be a bit hard for newcomers. I definitely was overwhelmed when I, a noobie, had to rush to a reactor core system under a time limit and fight everything along the way. Some environmental spots are not as clearly defined and traps can be a bit cheap. The Frost X for instance can go through walls to attack Samus, which I can say is a bit unfair. Nitpicks aside, Metroid Fusion is a brilliant handheld game that can still please my adult mind as much as when I was a little kid.
  45. Marc
    Mar 21, 2004
    Samus Samus Samus...where art thou been all these years? You have been missed.
  46. DemonicAngel
    Dec 28, 2004
    In the solitary, exploration-based Metroid series, Metroid Fusion was something of an anomaly in that there was a well-defined story, and in that you were led around by the hand (well, voice... well, OK, printed text) of a computerized CO. Fortunately, whilst this tends to funnel the player into following a specific route through the game, it doesn't detract from the gameplay in the In the solitary, exploration-based Metroid series, Metroid Fusion was something of an anomaly in that there was a well-defined story, and in that you were led around by the hand (well, voice... well, OK, printed text) of a computerized CO. Fortunately, whilst this tends to funnel the player into following a specific route through the game, it doesn't detract from the gameplay in the slightest. To compensate for the reduced emphasis on navigating and exploring, Intelligent Systems have seen fit to jack up the difficulty significantly. Normal enemies soon start sapping whole energy tanks with one hit, and the huge bosses are downright horrible and will quickly kill you if you don't pay attention, making this probably the hardest of the latter-day 2D Metroids (not counting Metroid and M2:RoS). The unfolding story, whilst not very original, is conveyed well in the progression of the tasks you'll have to complete and the events that take place as you play. Graphics are for the most part very good, attractive and uncluttered. Sound is also very good, considering the limitations of the GBA's hardware. -- Overall, if you can put up with the difficulty and the story-driven nature of the game, Metroid Fusion is a worthwhile addition to your library. Collapse
  47. Feb 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a tough metroid compared to the likes of super metroid but I really enjoyed the challenge. It sucks you in with it's atmosphere and pacing. And you'll be left dreading the sound of distant footsteps... because you'll learn that death is about to shoot you in the ass. Expand
  48. Dec 18, 2013
    Excellent game faithful to the SNES title. Too bad Nintendo stoped making theese. It would accompany well enough on DS and 3DS parallell 2D games to the franchise.
  49. Mar 20, 2016
    A game that anyone can enjoy if you like games with good mysteries and a story well worked, with a comfortable gameplay and levels with interesting level designs.

I recommend this game
  50. Apr 1, 2017
    8.7 - Came close to being a 9/10, but the main flaw of this metroid game is the cheap difficulty at times, specifically The Nightmare boss. Otherwise, it still has the core elements of metroid that are good along with decent environments and missions.
  51. TBone
    Feb 16, 2008
    Play control, visuals, sound are all outstanding. This is a BEAUTIFUL handheld game. My problem is with the difficulty level. You're weak and the enemies do TOO MUCH DAMAGE. Boss battles can be a major pain as well. On top of this you have to move fast to receive the best ending (I hear.) I sadly had to give it up out of frustration.
  52. Mar 2, 2013
    A good game that might seem like loads of fun but also frustrates with a high difficulty level. Since the save points are rooms that you find throughout the levels, there might be unnecessary travel between a load point and the bosses you will almost invariably fail to beat in first try. You might give up halfway through the five-hour playthrough, and that is a shame for the game. ItA good game that might seem like loads of fun but also frustrates with a high difficulty level. Since the save points are rooms that you find throughout the levels, there might be unnecessary travel between a load point and the bosses you will almost invariably fail to beat in first try. You might give up halfway through the five-hour playthrough, and that is a shame for the game. It offers some variety (timed sections and enemies to hide/flee from) but mostly follows the pattern: standard platforming action with some exploration and then hard boss fights every 20 minutes or so. The series might have pioneered game mechanics 20 years ago, but today most of it is seen before. The GBA cartridge places heavy restrictions technically, so of course you can forgive various shortcomings, but the game could have been more friendly to newbies. Expand
  53. Sep 16, 2017
    I played this game 6 years ago when I bought a 3DS. I decided to replay it in anticipation of the new Metroid game coming out this weekend. I've not played any Metroid game other than this one, and while I anticipated the plot to be light, I didn't realize it would result in the game being only about 10 hours long (4:45 on my playthrough- I guess I died a lot?). A lot of the game seems toI played this game 6 years ago when I bought a 3DS. I decided to replay it in anticipation of the new Metroid game coming out this weekend. I've not played any Metroid game other than this one, and while I anticipated the plot to be light, I didn't realize it would result in the game being only about 10 hours long (4:45 on my playthrough- I guess I died a lot?). A lot of the game seems to be involved in finding secrets, but I found this to be more tedious than enjoyable- basically, I found myself throwing bombs at every wall and floor in hopes of finding a secret, or a place to advance the level. In fact, it seems that at least once every level you have to bomb an inconspicuous part of the wall in order to advance, or find a secret corridor as a ball. It didn't make me like the game any more, which made me wish it had been more straightforward and less frustrating. I found the combat to be pretty enjoyable, although one-sided. Samus is a killing machine, but she takes a lot of damage when she gets hit. Luckily, most of the enemies don't have ranged attacks, so it's easy to avoid most damage. Boss fights were slightly more challenging- basically, I would spend one life in order to find the bosses weakness, die, load my save, and then abuse the weakness through brute force. Not too difficult, until the final boss, which provided a real challenge. Overall, I enjoyed the game and its mechanics (due to the quick pace of the game, upgrades came fast and furious, which was enjoyable), but I hope that the new 3DS game coming out introduces something a little beyond what we see here. Expand
  54. May 28, 2012
    This game was solid. Fun game. Nothing extraordinary tho.
  55. Nov 17, 2012
    I don't play Metroid games to be told what to do. If you like the exploration and independence of the other games, avoid Fusion. It is absolutely linear, plodding, and just plain wearying to play. Then there's the art. A lot has been said about how good the game looks, and I won't lie: it's pretty good. However, they try to throw so much on screen at times, it's hard to even tell what'sI don't play Metroid games to be told what to do. If you like the exploration and independence of the other games, avoid Fusion. It is absolutely linear, plodding, and just plain wearying to play. Then there's the art. A lot has been said about how good the game looks, and I won't lie: it's pretty good. However, they try to throw so much on screen at times, it's hard to even tell what's foreground or background, what you need to be paying attention to and what you should ignore. It just ends up looking messy. Oh, and this is the game that introduced the Adam Malkovich albatross that culminated in the fiasco that is Other M.

This isn't the worst game in the series, but it DEFINITELY doesn't deserve the 100/100s that you see over on the critic side or the 10/10s on the user side. If you want a "return to form" GBA Metroid, play Zero Mission. The Prime games are also good examples of how to do Metroid gameplay (Hint: it's about the exploration).
  56. IanW.
    Oct 4, 2003
    Linear, predictable, main enemies far too easy, bosses too hard. Poor show.

#2 Most Discussed Game Boy Advance Game of 2002
#1 Most Shared Game Boy Advance Game of 2002

1. Perhaps the only niggle that you can level at Metroid Fusion, is that the focus on strong story telling reduces the exploration aspect, an area that the Metroid series is virtually unrivalled in.
  2. GMR Magazine
    While the gameplay is faster, and more responsive than ever before, MF manages to feel even more claustophobic than in the past. That's a good thing. [Feb 2003, p.75]
  3. My favourite 2D Metroid yet... [and] the best platform adventure the GBA has.