Pokemon Ruby Version Game Boy Advance

8.7

1. CareBear
    Mar 14, 2003
    Learn to spell there, Patty... Maybe you should get your education from somewhere besides Pokemon games...
  2. Apr 2, 2012
    This game may seem simple and normal at first glance, but you will realize that the battle system is better executed compared to previous games in the series.
  3. Jul 10, 2012
    Somewhat of a step back from the Gold and Silver games (which I believe were the best in the series) but it's Pokemon, what could you ask for?????????
  4. KittyCrookshanks
    Jul 24, 2004
    It's really disappointing that such a great series of gams have such boring tv shows and movies.
  5. PatJ.
    Mar 9, 2003
    This game has great gaficks and kool options better than any other pokemon game .but the only thing that i dont like is that there are not of pokemon form pervous games ,there r only a selck few like oddish and geodude ,zubat ect. the ones that you would always find -_- other than that big dalema the game is fun and full of exciteing things.
  6. PokemonGood
    Jul 26, 2003
    Good!!!
  7. AlvinC.
    Apr 19, 2003
    Great game... interesting twists... an improvement of the previous versions of the Pokemon game series!
  8. Oct 18, 2011
    dis is actually 4 sapphire, but they dont have it so, uh, ill just review this and giv it a 9, or 93%, cause the beggining, like all pokemon games xept goldsilvercrytstalheartgoldsoulsilver sucks.
  9. Awesomlycool
    Jul 6, 2003
    It is the best games ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. KurtisR.
    Apr 20, 2003
    This game was the best pokemon game that has come out. I own it too.
  11. PokemonRules!
    May 4, 2003
    Oh, my god. This game is so kewl! Graphics-----9 Story-------10 Battles-------10 Gameplay------9 Controls-------10 Overall------9 The thing is that is doesn't have any Eevee,Celebi,Suicune,Entei or any other old Pokemon. (for a few exeptions).This game is NOT very long.I finished it in 5 days.
  12. SeanD.
    Dec 1, 2003
    I LOVE POKEMON!!!!!
  13. KalanS.
    Apr 4, 2003
    This is going to be the best game in the world and I say that I'm never going to play anything else until I get this game and play it over a million times.Maybe even more. This game is the best!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. Pohcheeboon
    May 18, 2003
    It is a great game. the graphics are nice, although there is a problem.. you cannot find or trade origin pokemon from yellow/blue/red/crystal/silver/gold versions. So have to use the cheats....
    May 6, 2003
    It's great!
  16. SharonT.
    May 15, 2004
    It is really fun but why don't they put it on the internet?
  17. LiamC.
    Jul 25, 2006
    This is 1 of my fave games i have had to restart alot because i can complete it really easy now but i have trouble wiv the battle tower so i never do tht 1 lol anyway this is the best pokemon game i have ever played and i am very glad that i have not got pokemon ruby becaus my fave pokemon is on sapphire (kyogre).
  18. KorX.
    Jul 13, 2003
    It's the best but i don't know how to get it on my computer but i've played it before.
  19. M.B.
    Feb 16, 2004
    Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire are the best games ever!!!!!!!
  20. JakeD.
    Mar 7, 2004
    Off the hook.
  21. M-dogthedog
    Apr 22, 2004
    This games awesome but it could be better on computer can someone help me?
  22. NickJ.
    Aug 13, 2004
    Sikkkk dude this game has good graphics 2 on 2 battles are good and i like the new areas its awesome.
  23. AlexanderR.
    Mar 16, 2003
    It's the best in history of GBA it's SUPER GREAT. BUY IT hey i forgot why i didn't rate it 10.
  24. BOBM.
    Jun 27, 2004
    I love it but the should have some cheats to make the game more fun if you have any please send them to me at bmayes.xtra.com.nz
  25. JT
    Nov 29, 2005
    One of the best games i ever played! Especially when you can choose your fave starting pokemon, i'm so into this game that i even felt so emotional when my pokemon fainted!
  26. Jan 9, 2011
    My favourite installment within the whole series. Pokemon Ruby boasts an amazing story line with action packed fun at every corner, before finally reaching the legendary Groundon that awaits you at the end. All the pokemon are amazingly well graphiced, and the entire game shows off what pokemon is. One of the best games on the Gameboy, don't miss it!
  27. Apr 11, 2011
    Its introduction to the GBA system may be familiar, but it's more addictive than the previous games. Pros: Likable graphics and visuals, interesting new features and Pokemon designs, and Battle and Trading are funner than ever. Cons: All too familiar, other than being far more complex.
  28. Mar 19, 2011
    I just adore this game i had it when i was little and I still like it today so I'm going to buy another copy of it so I can enjoy it once more just as I had 5 years ago. If I had a lot of fun with it so would you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  29. Jul 13, 2011
    This is Pokemon at the best, ( at the time, but stood still) impressive graphics, more pokemon to keep you busy, and a strong story fill the hole. Gameplay is equal but more varied. Gotta catch em' all
  30. May 18, 2011
    Even if they're not "preferably new", Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire are still a fun experience for any gamer of any age, Pokefan or not. Pros: Addictive; hundreds of new Pokemon to catch, strategies to learn, and items to find; an expansive overworld with tons of variety to explore; additional features; great multiplayer value; lots of extras/secrets to unlock. Cons: Requires both versions ofEven if they're not "preferably new", Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire are still a fun experience for any gamer of any age, Pokefan or not. Pros: Addictive; hundreds of new Pokemon to catch, strategies to learn, and items to find; an expansive overworld with tons of variety to explore; additional features; great multiplayer value; lots of extras/secrets to unlock. Cons: Requires both versions of the game, a link cable, and a lot of your time if you actually wanna "catch em' all"; dull graphics; overall, it's not that different from its predecessors. Expand
  31. Jul 28, 2011
    I love levelling up my Pokemon on here. I enjoy giving out moves to my Pokemon and watching them battle other wild Pokemon, trainer Pokemon's and especially going to Pokemon gyms to defeat their leaders. Enjoyable fun - I love making Pokeblocks too out of berries - so many different types of berries and items! - and feeding them to my Pokemon, which is why I like contests. But exploring isI love levelling up my Pokemon on here. I enjoy giving out moves to my Pokemon and watching them battle other wild Pokemon, trainer Pokemon's and especially going to Pokemon gyms to defeat their leaders. Enjoyable fun - I love making Pokeblocks too out of berries - so many different types of berries and items! - and feeding them to my Pokemon, which is why I like contests. But exploring is the best part. So many things to do. Fantastic game. Expand
  32. Jan 24, 2012
    Pokemon Ruby is one of my favorite GBA games. (at least it was before it got stolen). What it is is a beautifully realized world with it's own history and locales (which can be said of every Pokemon game) with 120+ new (mostly memorable) Pokemon to discover, catch and fight. However, it is the weakest Pokemon game for a number of reasons. Firstly, it doesn't really feel right (which isPokemon Ruby is one of my favorite GBA games. (at least it was before it got stolen). What it is is a beautifully realized world with it's own history and locales (which can be said of every Pokemon game) with 120+ new (mostly memorable) Pokemon to discover, catch and fight. However, it is the weakest Pokemon game for a number of reasons. Firstly, it doesn't really feel right (which is possibly the 60fps); secondly, it doesn't really do anything new for the series. And my main complaint about the game is the fact that it contains too much water, and surfing around can become quite boring. If I was doing a "fair" review I would give it an 8. But I'm doing a review based on what I can remember, and I remember loving it. Nostalgia wins over a few relatively minor faults. Collapse
  33. Nov 3, 2011
    An extremely addicting game which, in my opinion, had the best music, setting, and Elite Four of all the Pokemon games. This game surpassed even my love for my Silver and Red versions, and I have yet to play a Pokemon game that has come close to it.
  34. Mar 28, 2015
    Game: Pokemon Ruby
    Genre: RPG
    Developer: GameFreak/Nintendo System: GameBoy Advance (GBA) Total Score: 93/100 Value Score: 9.3/10 • Story: 8/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 8/10 • Sound: 8/10 • Music: 10/10 • Length: 9/10 • Replay Value: 10/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Great storyline with two enemy teams and more emphasis on legendary pokemon
    Game: Pokemon Ruby
    Genre: RPG
    Developer: GameFreak/Nintendo
    System: GameBoy Advance (GBA)
    Total Score: 93/100

• Music: 10/10
    • Length: 9/10
    • Replay Value: 10/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Great storyline with two enemy teams and more emphasis on legendary pokemon never seen before in the series
    +Visuals have been improved greatly compared to the first two generations
    +Secret bases have been added which is a new feature that allows you to customize your own personal room.
    +Berries have been introduced, you can now equip berries to pokemon that they can use to self heal and you can plant more to get more.
    +2 on 2 battles have been introduced to the series
    +Engage in multi battles with up to 4 friends
    +Pokemon Contests have been added which is another new mini game feature which lets you compete against other pokemon using stylish movies
    +Can use to trade pokemon from Sapphire/FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald.
    +PokeNav allows you to use different tools easily rather than clogging up item space such as a map, the codition of the player's pokemon, and features "Trainer's Eyes" which allow you to have a rematch with a previously fought trainer
    +New pokeballs have been added
    +Natures have been introduced which allows growth changes to occur to pokemon. Different stats go up depending on nature.
    +Abilities have been introduced which allows pokemon to use passive powers such as flying pokemon being immune to ground attacks, etc.

Cons
    -Night/Day mode does not exist from Generation 2 games
    -Cannot trade with games from 1st or 2nd gen (excluding remakes of 1st gen)
  35. Jan 13, 2012
    It seems every few years we get a truely improved version of Pokemon and this is it. Ruby was a very enjoyable game and it gives you a much needed upgrade while still keeping the classic Pokemon feel.
  36. Jan 17, 2012
    My favourite GBA game ever. Played 38 hours of it in my most recent playthrough back in '05. Sapphire version had this whale pokemon that I captured and it was sick. lololololololololololol. 10/10
  37. Apr 3, 2012
    Don't get me wrong, Red and Blue, as well as their sequels Gold and Silver, were fun games. But it wasn't until Ruby and Sapphire that the franchise skyrocketed from "just good" to absolutely amazing. R/S single player adventure is by far the most fleshed out of any Pokemon game, and it involves a rich, non-linear region, tons of secret dungeons, an actual plot (gasp!), interesting set ofDon't get me wrong, Red and Blue, as well as their sequels Gold and Silver, were fun games. But it wasn't until Ruby and Sapphire that the franchise skyrocketed from "just good" to absolutely amazing. R/S single player adventure is by far the most fleshed out of any Pokemon game, and it involves a rich, non-linear region, tons of secret dungeons, an actual plot (gasp!), interesting set of new characters and an alright difficulty level. However, what made this game a complete winner were various improvements to the broadly defined game performance. From the very high framerate (60 fps), to drastically improved sound and visuals and the completely revamped box system, you simply can't go wrong with Ruby and Sapphire. I could go on like this forever, but the gist of it is, Ruby and Sapphire were (and are) one of the most spectacular GBA ttiles to date - a near-ideal adventure that many of the newer Pokemon games still struggle to match. Expand
  38. Jun 11, 2012
    In my opinion, the best pokemon game of the first 3 generations. The story was a step up and the pokemon were great. The game looked nice and I loved the addition of bases and pokemon contests.
  39. Mar 24, 2014
    Objectively, this game (Sapphire Version, to be exact) is very good, on pretty much all levels, but personally, this is a near-classic to me, due to the fact that I grew up playing this a lot, and the nostalgia factor is extremely large for me. That being said, it's still certainly a worthwhile addition to any Pokemon fans collection, and I believe that this game remains a highlight of theObjectively, this game (Sapphire Version, to be exact) is very good, on pretty much all levels, but personally, this is a near-classic to me, due to the fact that I grew up playing this a lot, and the nostalgia factor is extremely large for me. That being said, it's still certainly a worthwhile addition to any Pokemon fans collection, and I believe that this game remains a highlight of the series to this day. Expand
  40. Mar 22, 2013
    My favorite of generation of the first 3. So glad to be out of Kanto. The game has the same addictive aspect, but it has so much more depth. The massive ocean gives you a lot to explore and the upgrade to GBA is impressive.
  41. Jul 23, 2013
    The Hoenn region in the games may feel a tad to similar to the Kanto region, but despite this, the games are highly addictive, with a great and new adventure to explore. "Pokemon Ruby Version" is fun and an interesting game that Pokemon fans will most likely cherish.
  42. Aug 30, 2013
    Despite following in the footsteps of two previous incarnations of the main Pokémon handheld series, the third generation of gaming (Pokémon Ruby, and Pokémon Sapphire) are immaculate games that raised the bar to become the pinnacle of the Pokémon series. Set in a Paradise-like region, home to lush forestation, vast seas, a looming volcano, and a not-so-desolate desert, Hoenn is by far theDespite following in the footsteps of two previous incarnations of the main Pokémon handheld series, the third generation of gaming (Pokémon Ruby, and Pokémon Sapphire) are immaculate games that raised the bar to become the pinnacle of the Pokémon series. Set in a Paradise-like region, home to lush forestation, vast seas, a looming volcano, and a not-so-desolate desert, Hoenn is by far the most diverse and fascinating setting in any Pokémon game. Complimenting the games is a jubilant soundtrack, with beautiful horns that even in MIDI are hypnotically entrancing. Still to this day, beyond a decade after release, the replay value is ever so high as it was at release. Expand
  43. Jan 25, 2016
    The game that made my childhood truly brilliant something that even 13 years after its original release I still find myself playing and enjoying so much. Not just one of my favourites as a child but this is one of the best games ever made and I truly love it.
  44. Jul 3, 2014
    This game is really awesome. I think for me it was because groudon was the best out of the three. While i prefer emerald this game is still awesome and unlike in emerald you can CATCH groudon before elite four. YUP. Just groudon. (sorry for the bad review)
  45. Jul 27, 2014
    From al the games that released on GBA advance. This is the one that i by far played the most i really enjoy Ruby the game play is addictive it just makes you want to catch 'em all!
  46. Dec 30, 2014
    Frustrating moments aside, Pokémon Ruby is a very delightful Pokémon game that has the same great creatures as the other games. It's charming, it's addicting, it's fun.
  47. Mar 14, 2016
    Hasn't aged a day, it's still a great game, and it was what got me hooked on these brilliant games in the first place! The 3rd gen Pokemon are my favorite, they've got a great design to them, and the improvements to the game's battles, such as double battles, as well as new additions like contests and berries make this an astoundingly deep RPG.
  48. Jan 24, 2012

#6 Most Discussed Game Boy Advance Game of 2003
#3 Most Shared Game Boy Advance Game of 2003

1. I’ve uncovered a marvelous new gaming world that I love immersing myself in and now my nephew and I can talk with equal zest about our various Poké accomplishments.
  2. Edge Magazine
    Ruby/Sapphire is probably the most intricate and detailed console RPG available. Staring into it will make many players woozy. [Sept 2003]
  3. Whilst its apparent lack of any revolutionary gameplay is a worthy of criticism, it doesn't stop the fact that this is still by far one of the most addictive and long-lasting games you could hope for on your Gameboy Advance.