Pokemon Ruby Version

Game Boy Advance
8.7

1. CareBear
    Mar 14, 2003
    Learn to spell there, Patty... Maybe you should get your education from somewhere besides Pokemon games...
  2. Apr 2, 2012
    This game may seem simple and normal at first glance, but you will realize that the battle system is better executed compared to previous games in the series.
  3. Jul 10, 2012
    Somewhat of a step back from the Gold and Silver games (which I believe were the best in the series) but it's Pokemon, what could you ask for?????????
  4. KittyCrookshanks
    Jul 24, 2004
    It's really disappointing that such a great series of gams have such boring tv shows and movies.
  5. PatJ.
    Mar 9, 2003
    This game has great gaficks and kool options better than any other pokemon game .but the only thing that i dont like is that there are not of pokemon form pervous games ,there r only a selck few like oddish and geodude ,zubat ect. the ones that you would always find -_- other than that big dalema the game is fun and full of exciteing things.
  6. PokemonGood
    Jul 26, 2003
    Good!!!
  7. AlvinC.
    Apr 19, 2003
    Great game... interesting twists... an improvement of the previous versions of the Pokemon game series!
  8. Oct 18, 2011
    dis is actually 4 sapphire, but they dont have it so, uh, ill just review this and giv it a 9, or 93%, cause the beggining, like all pokemon games xept goldsilvercrytstalheartgoldsoulsilver sucks.
  9. Awesomlycool
    Jul 6, 2003
    It is the best games ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. KurtisR.
    Apr 20, 2003
    This game was the best pokemon game that has come out. I own it too.
  11. PokemonRules!
    May 4, 2003
    Oh, my god. This game is so kewl! Graphics-----9 Story-------10 Battles-------10 Gameplay------9 Controls-------10 Overall------9 The thing is that is doesn't have any Eevee,Celebi,Suicune,Entei or any other old Pokemon. (for a few exeptions).This game is NOT very long.I finished it in 5 days.
  12. SeanD.
    Dec 1, 2003
    I LOVE POKEMON!!!!!
  13. KalanS.
    Apr 4, 2003
    This is going to be the best game in the world and I say that I'm never going to play anything else until I get this game and play it over a million times.Maybe even more. This game is the best!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. Pohcheeboon
    May 18, 2003
    It is a great game. the graphics are nice, although there is a problem.. you cannot find or trade origin pokemon from yellow/blue/red/crystal/silver/gold versions. So have to use the cheats....
    May 6, 2003
    It's great!
  16. SharonT.
    May 15, 2004
    It is really fun but why don't they put it on the internet?
  17. LiamC.
    Jul 25, 2006
    This is 1 of my fave games i have had to restart alot because i can complete it really easy now but i have trouble wiv the battle tower so i never do tht 1 lol anyway this is the best pokemon game i have ever played and i am very glad that i have not got pokemon ruby becaus my fave pokemon is on sapphire (kyogre).
  18. KorX.
    Jul 13, 2003
    It's the best but i don't know how to get it on my computer but i've played it before.
  19. M.B.
    Feb 16, 2004
    Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire are the best games ever!!!!!!!
  20. JakeD.
    Mar 7, 2004
    Off the hook.
  21. M-dogthedog
    Apr 22, 2004
    This games awesome but it could be better on computer can someone help me?
  22. NickJ.
    Aug 13, 2004
    Sikkkk dude this game has good graphics 2 on 2 battles are good and i like the new areas its awesome.
  23. AlexanderR.
    Mar 16, 2003
    It's the best in history of GBA it's SUPER GREAT. BUY IT hey i forgot why i didn't rate it 10.
  24. BOBM.
    Jun 27, 2004
    I love it but the should have some cheats to make the game more fun if you have any please send them to me at bmayes.xtra.com.nz
  25. JT
    Nov 29, 2005
    One of the best games i ever played! Especially when you can choose your fave starting pokemon, i'm so into this game that i even felt so emotional when my pokemon fainted!
  26. Jan 9, 2011
    My favourite installment within the whole series. Pokemon Ruby boasts an amazing story line with action packed fun at every corner, before finally reaching the legendary Groundon that awaits you at the end. All the pokemon are amazingly well graphiced, and the entire game shows off what pokemon is. One of the best games on the Gameboy, don't miss it!
  27. Apr 11, 2011
    Its introduction to the GBA system may be familiar, but it's more addictive than the previous games. Pros: Likable graphics and visuals, interesting new features and Pokemon designs, and Battle and Trading are funner than ever. Cons: All too familiar, other than being far more complex.
  28. Mar 19, 2011
    I just adore this game i had it when i was little and I still like it today so I'm going to buy another copy of it so I can enjoy it once more just as I had 5 years ago. If I had a lot of fun with it so would you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  29. Jul 13, 2011
    This is Pokemon at the best, ( at the time, but stood still) impressive graphics, more pokemon to keep you busy, and a strong story fill the hole. Gameplay is equal but more varied. Gotta catch em' all
  30. May 18, 2011
    Even if they're not "preferably new", Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire are still a fun experience for any gamer of any age, Pokefan or not. Pros: Addictive; hundreds of new Pokemon to catch, strategies to learn, and items to find; an expansive overworld with tons of variety to explore; additional features; great multiplayer value; lots of extras/secrets to unlock. Cons: Requires both versions ofEven if they're not "preferably new", Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire are still a fun experience for any gamer of any age, Pokefan or not. Pros: Addictive; hundreds of new Pokemon to catch, strategies to learn, and items to find; an expansive overworld with tons of variety to explore; additional features; great multiplayer value; lots of extras/secrets to unlock. Cons: Requires both versions of the game, a link cable, and a lot of your time if you actually wanna "catch em' all"; dull graphics; overall, it's not that different from its predecessors. Expand

#5 Most Discussed Game Boy Advance Game of 2003
#3 Most Shared Game Boy Advance Game of 2003

1. I’ve uncovered a marvelous new gaming world that I love immersing myself in and now my nephew and I can talk with equal zest about our various Poké accomplishments.
  2. Edge Magazine
    Ruby/Sapphire is probably the most intricate and detailed console RPG available. Staring into it will make many players woozy. [Sept 2003]
  3. Whilst its apparent lack of any revolutionary gameplay is a worthy of criticism, it doesn't stop the fact that this is still by far one of the most addictive and long-lasting games you could hope for on your Gameboy Advance.