River City Ransom EX Game Boy Advance

8.4

1. Jan 8, 2011
    A remake of a great fighter/RPG hybrid from the NES/Famicom with new moves, attacks and abilities, better graphics and sounds, new features and all around a vast improvement from the NES/Famicom game. This game is quite literally Double Dragon on steroids and is one of if not the most fun fighting/RPG hybrid game on the GBA.
  2. SamW.
    Jul 11, 2007
    I love this game as well as the origional. but i also feel that they couldve gone the extra five or so steps to make it a multiplayer game. so for single player: 10 for multiplayer: 4.
  3. NajinJ.
    Jan 15, 2008
    This game brought back so many memories! The improved graphics were a delight and I'm glad the designers of the gba version decided to preserve so many of the original nes features. a true retro classic!

#44 Most Discussed Game Boy Advance Game of 2004

Replay value is immense due to all the factors in play, and all the hidden aspects will take a long time to discover. A must-buy for old NES fans and a definite consideration to those new to the series.
  2. GMR Magazine
    Ultimately, we would have been better served by an all-new River City Ransom. [Sept 2004, p.81]
  3. netjak
    Atlus has managed to somehow improve upon one of the greatest NES games ever. To beat-em-up fans such as myself, the old school greatness means two schools – Cross Town High and River City High, with all the turf in between. Atlus took us back, and there's no reason for anyone to resist one more bout with Alex and Ryan.