Serious Sam Advance Game Boy Advance

7.2

1. May 10, 2013
    Even as a huge fan is the Serious Sam series, I just can't stomach this poor effort of a game, with it's horrible graphics(Even for the a GBA game with DOOM-like graphics), music that sounds like it was made on the original GameBoy's sound chip, and frustrating controls, you should seriously skip on Serious Sam Advance and get one of the PC games instead.
  2. JeremyD.
    Aug 18, 2005
    When I went to buy this game, I had read the reviews. The majority of reviewers rated it poorly, but I decided to go with the minority. That was definitely a mistake. It was the first FPS I'd ever played (I now own "Ecks vs. Sever, a MUCH better game), and was almost the last. Yes, that's how bad it is. The control scheme is lousy, and easily outdone by other gba fps games. The When I went to buy this game, I had read the reviews. The majority of reviewers rated it poorly, but I decided to go with the minority. That was definitely a mistake. It was the first FPS I'd ever played (I now own "Ecks vs. Sever, a MUCH better game), and was almost the last. Yes, that's how bad it is. The control scheme is lousy, and easily outdone by other gba fps games. The game's 3d ray-casting engine just doesn't compare to fps games on this system such as Ice Nine, Ecks vs. Sever, and Duke Nukem Advance, and the frame rate is, at times, almost unbearable. Enemies are incredibley stupid, simply rushing at you for the most part, never once trying to take cover from your fire. Trying to aim will drive you crazy. The makers of this game tried to fix this by making it so that when you hold down the B button you will turn slower and thus giving you a more precise aim. However, the B button is also used to switch weapons, so often you will accidentally switch weapons while trying to accomplish this. It is much easier to simply strafe around enemies. The sound in this game is also poor, from weapon sounds to music. Poor sound quality is common in GBA games, and if the gameplay was good, the sound quality doesn't really bother me that much, but if gameplay is terrible, the poor sound becomes irritating. The M rating is slightly absurd, since the blood you will be seeing in this game is highly pixelized and unrealistic. Overall, this game is very poor. It may entertain you for a little while, but why buy Serious Sam Advance if you can do so much better? Gameplay: 4.3 Graphics: 6.2 Sound: 3.2 Lasting Appeal: 3.8 Expand
  3. SamNukem
    Aug 3, 2004
    Serious Sam Advance is the fourth best FPS for the GBA, and the 11th released for the system. The Serious Sam series is known for its huge assortment of weapons and enemies that appear from nowhere and fill the entire screen in massive wide open areas. Can all of that be crammed into a tiny GBA cart? Of course it can! But does it pay off? Of course it does! We get everything from the PC Serious Sam Advance is the fourth best FPS for the GBA, and the 11th released for the system. The Serious Sam series is known for its huge assortment of weapons and enemies that appear from nowhere and fill the entire screen in massive wide open areas. Can all of that be crammed into a tiny GBA cart? Of course it can! But does it pay off? Of course it does! We get everything from the PC version on the pint-sized GBA! Serious Sam Advance is a serious FPS indeed with a well-deserved "M" rating and a nice arsenal of weapons that are serious as hell. You get a chainsaw (blood gushes from the enemies as it tears through them!), a pistol (no dual pistols, ah man!), a double- barreled shotgun (reloading looks neat), a tommy gun, a mini-gun, a rocket launcher (circular reload from the PC version is intact), a Prion gun (enemies attack each other), a fist weapon (press the button and it drops a piano on your enemy), a microvave gun (clone of the BFG from Doom), and of course, the serious cannon. If all of that wasn't enough, all of our favorite enemies are back (beheaded kamikazi!), but most are new. Before each mission, our Netricsa system updates us with hints on the level, weapon and enemy info, and statistics. Now comes the games downfall. The graphics aren't that bad, but they are a major step backwards from games like Duke Nukem Advance and Ecks Vs. Sever. The framerate also suffers from time to time and it is often hard to target an enemy but, alas, the game is a hectic non-stop joyride from start to finish! Collapse
  4. DudeFoshizzle
    Apr 30, 2004
    ITZZZIE OFZZZIE HIZZZIE MYIZZIE NIZZIE!
  5. JimB.
    Apr 23, 2004
    Miserable 3d engine, and watch out when targeting enemies, it seems you must ALWAYS side step. avoid this piece of sh*t like its ebola virus. yes, it is, _that bad_
  6. JohnathanA.
    Apr 12, 2004
    I've played it and it's GOOD!
  7. SeriousDuke
    Apr 11, 2004
    THis game is awesome, one of the best first-person shooters for game boy ever! It rocks, seriously!

#27 Most Discussed Game Boy Advance Game of 2004

1. A few rough edges but this is a thoroughly ridiculous and at times obscenely frantic blaster. [Advance]
  2. Overall the graphics of the game are quite impressive and despite the fact that some enemies appear like a blob of pixels, many others are highly detailed and easily viewable.
  3. Ultimately, though, Serious Sam Advance comes up short because there just aren't enough levels to play.