Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 Game Boy Advance

9.2

1. MichaelR.
    Oct 17, 2003
    Mario Bros. 3 is definitely in the top tier of Super Mario games.
  2. BCool
    Sep 26, 2003
    Can't give less than 10 for this game! it was THAT groundbreaking.
  3. RyanT.
    Oct 26, 2003
    This game is "super" good. The only thing that annoys me is you gotta beat at least half the world to save it. Still... awesome. Go buy it now.
  4. MattP.
    Dec 22, 2003
    Bar none the best game ever, the original I mean. I grew up playing Super Mario 3 for days at a time, always knowing where everything was, but being suprised none the less. I recently got it on my emulator and my fingers are as red as tomatoes. Get this game, now.
  5. CloudStrife
    Apr 15, 2005
    The Game is Perfect. Is much better tha SMB3 For nes (which I still have). It reminds me tha odgood imes.JUST perfect. Buy it at any costs!!!!! Nana sk if you dont like mario games why then are you buying them and play them? And the game doesn't deserve a 0. You suck at Game rating at all!!!
  6. ElisaK.
    Dec 29, 2003
    This game is amazing.
  7. AaronV.
    Jan 18, 2004
    This game is wicked sick!!!!!!!!!
  8. Jan 31, 2012
    If you liked the classic Mario platforming games and if you played the original, then theres no more words I can say to get you convinced.....unless you hate Mario , but thats very dumb idiotic .
  9. Maxx
    Oct 9, 2005
    This game dominates, except it pisses me off easily.
  10. Thyzz
    Jun 30, 2008
    Great remake of the original. Except for the fact that there is indeed no parallax scrolling in our backgrounds.
  11. MarioMario
    Oct 7, 2006
    I think the graphics are worse than the SNES version. There is no parallax scrolling in the backgrounds!
  12. Squirrelz
    Nov 14, 2003
    Excellent! Bringing back the games of yesteryear rocks! I just wish they brought back more of the ORIGINAL games!
  13. EdM.
    Oct 22, 2005
    The best returns - and in portable form, with new features and levels. Can't ask for anything more. Pick this up!
  14. AndrewD.
    May 18, 2005
    Very nostalgic, very fun. The added voices though were a bit annoying.
  15. RachelM.
    May 31, 2008
    Amazing game - the graphics are brill, and I could play it for hours and hours.
  16. JamesP
    Sep 3, 2009
    Varied levels, the perfect amount of challenge and a physics engine that strikes the perfect balance between simplicity and depth. My only gripe is that the physics engine is slightly different to the NES version, in that there is less momentum in this version which reduces the challenge of the game. It is so rare for a game to be this much fun now, I'd be happy if we never Varied levels, the perfect amount of challenge and a physics engine that strikes the perfect balance between simplicity and depth. My only gripe is that the physics engine is slightly different to the NES version, in that there is less momentum in this version which reduces the challenge of the game. It is so rare for a game to be this much fun now, I'd be happy if we never progressed beyond 8-bit such that developers would be inventive with actual game play rather than relying on strong production values. Expand
  17. BrandonT.
    Oct 22, 2003
    Just got the game last nite and its great! it takes me back when i was a kid and playing this game! i was lucky enough to be in Japan at that time so i was able to play it on the famicom before it came here on the NES, believe me ..i was addicted to SMB3 all summer!
  18. Claudio
    Oct 26, 2003
    I've been waiting so long for this! This is truly the best Mario game of them all. On a sidenote, it is interesting to see how Nintendo is releasing all the Mario AllStars games one after the other. What is next, Mario bros. bundled with the Lost Levels?
  19. BillyV.
    Feb 16, 2008
    Alex your a turd if you need a guide to beat this game you should just quit on life because it certainly has quit on you.
  20. JakeJ.
    Nov 15, 2003
    It's the best Mario game for GBA iv'e ever played!!!!!!!!
  21. MXPX
    Oct 23, 2003
    Man i wish there was an 11.. hehe.. THIS GAME ROX MY SOX! the only thing that is kinda annoying, is that when u die and get mushrooms, mario talks.. and thats not in the original.. but its a great game..
  22. NolanB.
    Dec 5, 2003
    dude, I got this game for my birthday and IT ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!! We used to have the normal nintendo with smb3 but our mom took it away *literally said it was a piece of crap and threw it in the garbage* after that my life ended UNTIL I GOT IT FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!!! i was re-united with reality. for any of you who hate this game.... YOU'VE BETRAYED ME!!!!!!!!!! ahem...........
  23. AnnonymousLuigiFan
    Aug 26, 2007
    I have no words to descibe the pure awesomeness of this game. The greatest game of all time, polished up and made into a handheld.
  24. Mar 16, 2013
    Originally released in Europe on the Nintendo Entertainment System way back in 1991 this GameBoy remake serves as a reminder of why it is still heralded as the greatest platformer in video game history.
    Many have tried to imitate Mario Bros 3 but Nintendo's attention to gameplay and innovation in level design is yet to be matched. Following the template laid down in the original the game provides eight different worlds, each containing several levels, which provide a huge amount of challenge and entertainment. Every world introduced new ideas, enemies and power-ups ensuring the game never became repetitive or dull. Unlike many early 3d games the graphics also still stand up to today’s standards with some clever visual effects throughout. In conclusion Super Mario Bros 3 is still the pinnacle of 2d gaming and remains amongst the greatest games of all time.
  25. May 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Now I can play the NES classic on-the-go with this GBA release. Spiced up graphics and music make this a must-play, but MAN, the Ice World is brutally difficult! Expand
  26. Jul 26, 2014
    Game: Super Mario Advance 4 Super Mario Bros. 3
    Genre: Adventure/Platformer
    Developer: Nintendo System: GameBoy Advance (GBA) Total Score: 92/100 Value Score: 9.2/10 • Story: 8/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 10/10 • Sound: 9/10 • Music: 10/10 • Length: 8/10 • Replay Value: 7/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Visual properties improved. +Voice
    Game: Super Mario Advance 4 Super Mario Bros. 3
    Genre: Adventure/Platformer
    Developer: Nintendo
    System: GameBoy Advance (GBA)
    Total Score: 92/100

• Music: 10/10
    • Length: 8/10
    • Replay Value: 7/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Visual properties improved.
    +Voice overs have been added to characters
    +Few level design, music (remixed), and text improvements have been added

Cons
    -Sound is weaker due to the GBA sound card
  27. Apr 25, 2013
    Greatest game available for the GBA so much fun must buy if you love Super Mário
  28. Nov 1, 2013
    If you're looking for an awesome classic mario platformer for your GBA or even DS, this is it. Massive re playability, huge worlds and tons of unlockables and secrets.
  29. Oct 15, 2013
    Well, it's Mario 3 with slightly better graphics on the GBA, whats not to love? It doesn't have much new content, but it is still a great port. Recommended!
  30. Aug 15, 2015
    The Game is a must buy for anyone who has a gameboy advance. Amazing levels, fine story, superb gameplay, Tons of good power ups. It's a masterpiece. This was a huge step forward for the Mario series. So buy the game

1. But amidst all this dispensable extra substance is the core mechanic of Mario; the one thing that holds true to the series, and one thing that ensures Mario is leaps and bounds ahead of its platforming peers - inertia. The faster you run, the higher you jump. It's a brilliantly simple concept that works perfectly.
  2. The bottom line is that this is Mario hop-n-bop action at its finest, with a goodly amount of minigames thrown into the mix for good measure... As great as it ever was. [Fall 2003, p.38]
    They just don’t make games like this any more, and this particular game really shows us how far we’ve come and that you don’t need flashy graphics and surrond sound to have a mind-blowing game.