Super Mario Advance Game Boy Advance
7.7

1. AlstonD.
    Mar 9, 2003
    The graphics are very dissappointing on this game, considering the stupidly high price, and the game can get very fustrating at times.
  2. B.S.
    Sep 27, 2002
    The graphics are average controls, music are awesome but it gets real tiring real fast and this system has enough power to put in way more games than 2 (we're not stupid, this system has a lot of power) I can't explain this rating maybe it got some points for the good link game but it just gets so boring so fast cause you've played this before. I highly RECOMEND RENT THIS FIRST!!
  3. SickRick
    Oct 3, 2003
    Playing this game brought back memories, I can still see myself sitting on the old couch in my feet pjs with the look of determination in my wee little eyes.
  4. Mr.Anonymous
    Oct 25, 2007
    A good game, but not too much the best. I've never liked Mario Bros. too much...The inclusion of a new SMB2 is just fantastic! This is a quick reveiw that I'm rushing through, so I can't really give a huge verdict, but overall, it deserves an 8. Mario bros docks down a point, and the odd boss fights knock it down a point.
  5. JohnM.
    Sep 21, 2005
    Monkeys couldn't tear me away from this game!!!
  6. Jun 14, 2011
    Weirdest Mario ever! Thank goodness they returned to the original formula for 3 (and every 2D Mario since.) That being said, the strangeness of this one is it's charm, and I can't believe that there are so many characters here that havn't been seen since.
  7. Nov 9, 2011
    Enhanced versions of Super Mario Bros. 2 and Mario Bros. are what is on this game. They both are very fun to play, especially Super Mario Bros. 2, which captures the same fun that the original has.
  8. Jul 6, 2014
    Game: Super Mario Advance
    Genre: Adventure/Platformer
    Developer: Nintendo System: Gameboy Advance (GBA) Total Score: 76/100 Value Score: 7.6/10 • Story: 5/10 • Characters: 9/10 • GamePlay: 8/10 • Graphics: 8/10 • Sound: 8/10 • Music: 8/10 • Length: 6/10 • Replay Value: 5/10 • Player Value: 9/10 Pros +Visual animations have been changed and improved along with
    Game: Super Mario Advance
    Genre: Adventure/Platformer
    Developer: Nintendo
    System: Gameboy Advance (GBA)
    Total Score: 76/100

• Music: 8/10
    • Length: 6/10
    • Replay Value: 5/10
    • Player Value: 9/10

Pros
    +Visual animations have been changed and improved along with some enemy sprites
    +Voices have been added to characters including bosses and mini bosses
    +Includes Mario Bros. as a secondary game

Cons
    -All the weirdness of the original SMB2 is still intact along with the inclusion of awkward voices of the birdos.

1. Odd naming system. [Feb 2003, p.97]
  2. Not only will expose a whole new generation to one of the classics, it will challenge those who remember it the first time around.
  3. You may argue that Mario Advance is old fashioned, but it’s a testament to the strength of the gameplay that it still pulls you in and keeps you fixed to your Game Boy.