9.0

1. Jun 4, 2014
    The most overrated game ever made after the greatness of Zelda 1 and 2 I don't get why this game is so loved by the fans sure, it brought in great graphics for it's time the master sword and various other staples but I don't understand why this game so loved 5.3/10
  2. AnonY.Mous
    Jun 11, 2009
    Okay, this is an overrated, but still pretty good, game. It was probably the best thing out there in the SNES era, but let's face it: it doesn't hold up well enough to be considered a timeless classic. These days, there are games that do the same thing, but better, which nobody seems to understand due to nostalgia. A remake should have fixed this by adding major gameplay changes Okay, this is an overrated, but still pretty good, game. It was probably the best thing out there in the SNES era, but let's face it: it doesn't hold up well enough to be considered a timeless classic. These days, there are games that do the same thing, but better, which nobody seems to understand due to nostalgia. A remake should have fixed this by adding major gameplay changes and not just parroting the original, and that's where it truly falls: it needs more added to keep up with the rest of the gaming world. Expand
  3. ColeB.
    Mar 6, 2004
    I couldn't figure out where to go...
  4. Babydoll
    Apr 17, 2005
    I voted 5 because i think you could of done a whole lot better on the gameboy advance zelda games like cmon mario cart has heaps better graphics and in the game cube for the legend of zelda the four swords is like a cartoon character.
  5. SteveP.
    Nov 19, 2005
    OK sorry to all the Zelda fans out there but I don't like this game. It was good for about 2 maybe 3 weeks, then it got hard, to hard. I understand makeing a game challenging but I hated killing 500 whatevers then being killed by some boss, that i didn't even know why i was fighting it, then start all over again. And when i finallly bet it, it gives me so dum ring, or sword, or OK sorry to all the Zelda fans out there but I don't like this game. It was good for about 2 maybe 3 weeks, then it got hard, to hard. I understand makeing a game challenging but I hated killing 500 whatevers then being killed by some boss, that i didn't even know why i was fighting it, then start all over again. And when i finallly bet it, it gives me so dum ring, or sword, or par of underware, that gives me some lame power I never use. Oh and the story is real creative, a princes gets kidnapped by an evil wizard who wants to take over the world. That kinda sound like the story to ever Cheap Excuse For An RPG. But if your a Hard Core RPG fan this game will be fantastic. Expand
  6. Mar 27, 2017
    I say the GBA Remake of Link To The Past is one huge improvement over the SNES Version and here is why i think that: The Legend Of Zelda A Link To The Past is not a game i say is 10/10 best game ever because every game has its flaws Sonic 06 is well Sonic 06 or how Metroid Fusion suffers from long intro the SNES original has more than a few it has around a dozen i will only name a coupleI say the GBA Remake of Link To The Past is one huge improvement over the SNES Version and here is why i think that: The Legend Of Zelda A Link To The Past is not a game i say is 10/10 best game ever because every game has its flaws Sonic 06 is well Sonic 06 or how Metroid Fusion suffers from long intro the SNES original has more than a few it has around a dozen i will only name a couple so this doesn't drag on and on but i do think i should get on with it so first off one major problem is, Music the music on the original is good but adding sound effects of link talking is not needed it makes the game harder to play if your ears are THAT sensitive it doesn't affect the gameplay just wanted to point that out but i always see lots of people bashing this Remake for that reason its been in the series SINCE OCARINA OF TIME BUT NO ONE SAID THAT WAS A BAD THING just blah blah blah this isn't as grand as every makes it out to be Expand
  7. Jun 12, 2017
    A Link to the Past hasn't aged very well. This is still a good game, except that it is too outdated to compete with other newer Zelda games such as Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild, or even Ocarina of Time. It's soundtrack although having some nice tracks, is hard to listen to due to the technical limitations of the SNES and GBA. There are also way too many caves, in which it is veryA Link to the Past hasn't aged very well. This is still a good game, except that it is too outdated to compete with other newer Zelda games such as Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild, or even Ocarina of Time. It's soundtrack although having some nice tracks, is hard to listen to due to the technical limitations of the SNES and GBA. There are also way too many caves, in which it is very easy to get lost and can become tedious and frustrating. The overworld is good and has many hidden secrets. Most of the dungeons are still pretty good, such as Swamp Palace or Misery Mire. However some dungeons are just awful, such as the Ice Palace, I have raged so much while playing through this dungeon, there are enemies everywhere and the slippery floor doesn't help the game's controls, definitely in my top 3 worst Zelda dungeons of all time. Turtle Rock and Eastern Palace are also pretty tedious and outdated. Overall this game is still a good game and hasn't aged as bad as Super Mario Bros 3, but it is not one of the best games out there anymore unfortunately. This is a game I can only recommend to hardcore Zelda or Retro gaming fans. I also recommend playing this game casually rather than intensely. Expand
  8. Oct 9, 2017
    A Link to the Past is a game I was quite looking forward to, based on my adoration for it's successor, the far superior A Link Between Worlds, and based on it's extremely positive reputation. However, although I can appreciate how impressive this must have been at the time, and how the puzzles, graphics and soundtrack all hold up, I can't say that I had much fun playing this, and can't sayA Link to the Past is a game I was quite looking forward to, based on my adoration for it's successor, the far superior A Link Between Worlds, and based on it's extremely positive reputation. However, although I can appreciate how impressive this must have been at the time, and how the puzzles, graphics and soundtrack all hold up, I can't say that I had much fun playing this, and can't say it's the best game of all time, or even the best Zelda game - not by a long shot. (Please note that this is a review for the original SNES version emulated on the 3DS and not the GBA version)
    THE GOOD
    - The art style is still very pleasing, and Hyrule itself, both in the Light and Dark worlds, is still great to look at. The graphics have aged well, including sprites and animations. Environments are varied enough, and it's always interesting to see the various incarnations of Hyrule's many locales. From Death Mountain to Lake Hylia, the vistas are still iconic.
    - As with many Zelda games, this has an absolutely stellar soundtrack.
    - The level design of the dungeons is also good, and I found the puzzles to be of an adequate difficulty. These dungeons, which make up the bulk of ALttP, are where I enjoyed myself the most: they still hold up. The boss battle at the end of each was also usually enjoyable, and each was different enough from the last to keep them fresh, often requiring the use of new items you pick up in the dungeons.
    - I liked the pace of the game, with no filler whatsoever. I was almost always in a dungeon, which played to the game's strengths. I felt as though there was a strong sense of progression, helped by the consistent acquiring of new items and gear.
    THE BAD
    - ALttP is incredibly frustrating. I can't see how others can overlook the multitude of problems that plague an otherwise great game, that could have been so much more enjoyable without the following issues:
    - Combat was usually poor. You can only attack in four directions, but enemies can hit you diagonally. This is a ridiculous design flaw! It makes fighting multiple enemies at once impossible, and saps the fun out of it. I could only every truly enjoy combat during a boss battle, when it was just me versus them, but even then I encountered some problems. Hitboxes on some of the bosses seemed a bit off, and I had to get very close to them to strike them.
    - AI is poor. A lot of enemies end up continually walking into a barrier, unable to simply move around it.
    - Some enemy attacks seem very cheap. Lots of enemies attack you simply by moving towards you. When they touch you, you take damage. This wouldn't be too bad, if not for the fact that you can't attack diagonally. Once they're on you, they can land a few hits before you have a chance to walk away and position yourself in such a way that you can fight back. When there's a few of these enemies at once, things get even more annoying. Recovery time after getting hit feels too short, so if you've got a swarm of these cheap enemies on you, you'll be dead before you know it.
    - When you die in a dungeon, you spawn at the entrance. It gets tedious going through the same dungeon again and again until you can finally kill the boss.
    - There is some lag when there are multiple sprites on screen.
    - The thing that ultimately killed my enjoyment of the game for good was the ridiculously specific solution to puzzles in the overworld, which meant something as simple as getting to the next dungeon became a chore. I genuinely doubt I (or anyone) could have gotten through without a walkthrough. When I googled what I had to do, I hated ALttP for not giving even a scrap of guidance. Here is just one of countless examples when the game demanded something stupid: To kill Ganon you need to have found the silver arrows. Are you told you need these? No, obviously not. So how do you get them? First, you must find a dwarven blacksmith in a location you have no way of knowing. I can't recall why this is necessary? But it is. Then, you go to buy a 'super bomb', which again, you are not told the existence of, or of course where to buy one, which you then take to a pyramid to blow a hole in a wall, which again you are not told to do, at which point you enter a mysterious fountain. Then you throw your bow and arrow in the fountain. WHAT? This is very poor game design! I despise when games hold your hand through everything, but this is worse than that... There is simply no guidance! Sure, an NPC mentions that a blacksmith is missing, but that's it. I can't believe this was seen as acceptable. I can think of at least 5 more examples where I grudgingly had to take out my phone to google how to do something that should be easy, but is instead arbitrarily hidden.
    THE BORING
    - The story is nothing special.
    CONCLUSION
    - I can only recommend this as a piece of gaming history to appreciate - AT it's core, this is a great game, but it hasn't stood the test of time, and odd 'puzzles' in the overworld ruined it for me.
  9. Jan 10, 2018
    Una ambientación genial, un mundo bien planteado, diseño de niveles muy inteligente. Sin embargo cojea un poco la historia, que intenta ser épica pero resulta algo enrevesada.

#1 Most Discussed Game Boy Advance Game of 2002
#2 Most Shared Game Boy Advance Game of 2002

An indispensable game, combining arguably the finest RPG/adventure the 16-bit era ever produced (even compared to the likes of Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy VI) with an expertly realised multiplayer rendition of Zelda.
  2. The adventure is long, involving, challenging and presented to perfection with beautiful graphics and a stunning soundtrack.
  3. GMR Magazine
    Not having to dig out the SNES and clean out the cartridge port is nice enough, but to play this classic game on the bus? Pure Nirvana. [Feb 2003, p.74]