9.0

1. Aug 17, 2014
    This game is awesome. It was a big step, back in the day when it came out on SNES in 1991. This Zelda game cared about the story. The only bad reason is this game is a little bit short. There may be a lot of dungeons but dungeons were easy. Anyways, this game is full of fun and memories and I love it!
  2. Jul 1, 2014
    THIS....IS.....THE.....BEST......ZELDA....GAME......EVER! Yes it is. ... it really is. Every Zelda game since this came out is based on it. Yes in Ocarina you can ride a horse, yes in twilight princess you can change into a wolf but essentially with all of those you're playing this game with better graphics.

The graphics on this when it came out on the snes were superb, they've aged
    very well as has the gameplay as has the musc.

If you like Zelda and haven't played this, PLAY IT.

If you have played this before PLAY IT AGAIN

If you've never played any Zelda game PLAY THIS ONE.

Very few games deserve a score of 10 in fact I could count on the fingers of one hand those that do. This is one of them.
  3. Jun 4, 2014
    The most overrated game ever made after the greatness of Zelda 1 and 2 I don't get why this game is so loved by the fans sure, it brought in great graphics for it's time the master sword and various other staples but I don't understand why this game so loved 5.3/10
  4. May 15, 2014
    There were quite a few Zelda games that I grew up with, but A Link to the Past was not one of them. I didn't play it until I was older and past developing nostalgia for games. And yet I still fell in love with it in the same way I fell in love with games like Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker. I think that speaks volumes for how timeless it is, as I had just as much fun playing it in the late 2000s as I likely would have if I had played it when it first came out. There are a few things, such as the graphics and some of the limited mechanics, that do show their age and are a little dated. But overall, this is a classic adventure that gets just about everything right, and none of the 2D Zeldas that have come after it have surpassed it. Expand
  5. Dec 1, 2013
    (Takes a deep breath...) All right, here we go. I think A Link to the Past is slightly overrated. Not to say I think its bad, but I would consider it a weaker Zelda title today. I don't even think I'd put it in my top 5 list. I've heard many say that ALttP is their favorite Zelda because many of the elements in future installments derive from it. But just because a game possesses elements that future games will build upon doesn't mean that it is the best. In fact, such a game should grow worse as the series progresses. Though ALttP has aged considerably well, it falls into this category.

So what do I not like about ALttP? Well, setting aside my taste in art styles, I can't say I hate anything about the game. Granted, the dungeons don't have much variety in style and the music tends to drone on, but other than that it's a solid game. The combat is fun and exploration is nearly perfect. I suppose the one thing that bugs me the most is how the game establishes itself through its story. The story is considerably basic and still maintains the feeling that it's an 8-bit game, where story wasn't relied heavily on. But with games nowadays, and even back in the 16-bit era with games like Chrono Trigger, story is one of the biggest driving points for the player. Games can't afford to have an uninteresting set of characters or atmosphere now that so much more is expected out of them.

While this game is a classic in every sense of the word, I can't get over the feeling that I'm playing a dated game every time I play it. While it certainly deserves praise for what it has done for the franchise and will not be forgotten, I simply cannot call it one of the best. The game is pure fun, but don't expect anything more.
  6. Nov 24, 2013
    Perhaps the best GBA game? It's a very good port. I played it on my GBPlayer on the GameCube and this review is for A Link to the Past.

ALttP is considdered one of the best games OF ALL TIME. Now I first played it in 2002 on the GBA which is also amazing. It has aged really well: the graphics, music and gameplay. Yet it doesn't feel like the full thing after playing Ocarina of Time and
    Majora's Mask. You can't ask for a better handheld Zelda though! 9.5/10 Expand
  7. Oct 17, 2013
    Zelda a link to the past is an incredible game and one of the best games of all times Link must explore hyrule and the dark world to save zelda It was great on snes and it's graphics are gorgeous the gameplay and music it's perfect
  8. Sep 28, 2013
    i pleyed this game this Year for the first time, amazing..
    I thought that Oot was unbeatable but this game, considering that it was on Snes, is at the same level,
    of course is a 10/10
  9. Sep 10, 2013
    I absolutely love this game as a toddler back in the old millennium! And of course, it brings our childhood video games to life like Super Mario Bros., F-Zero, Spyro, and many more!
  10. Mar 24, 2013
    My first Zelda game, and what a game it was. Tight controls, sweet music, awesome dungeons, and a story that gave me the drive to kick Ganon's butt.The only frustrating part was when I just couldn't figure out what to do next. This only happened twice, so you shouldn't need a full guide, but you might need to look up how to get specific items on google or youtube once or twice.
  11. Sep 17, 2012
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for the Game Boy Advance is a great tribute to the original classic game. The controls were definitely solid considering the game was transported from a controller with a different button scheme. The entire game had the perfect amount of difficulty attached, although, it progressed awkwardly. It was exploratory, colorful, and vast. Many of the bosses were original and looked amazing! The final boss was climatic and challenging. It was not perfect, though. Many complained it was a pretty much a blatant copy of the original, but I felt that it did not need to be muddied down with different gameplay. I want the real deal, not a Game Boy Advance almost the same game. Anyway, much of the game time was running around trying to find items or get to places. I felt it should have been more than one transport just like in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Also, many of the items were used too little to be even considered important. Maybe you would use some of them once or twice outside the dungeons. Speaking of dungeons, many of them were pretty short and simple, but to give them credit, they were more so creative and fun. Furthermore, the hitboxes and hit detection felt immensely off. An enemy could be in the same place as Link and drain most your heath, especially considering that the after-hit invincibility is too short. Lastly, dying after merely trying to figure out the weakness in a boss battle, and having to go through the entire temple was pretty irritating, which means one should stock up on fairies and potions. Many compare this game to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time due to the very similar gameplay, so I have to say I liked playing that one better just because it is in the three-dimensional realm, but this game was made with better technique and was done better. I could not judge Four Swords because nobody I knew had the game cartridge, let alone the Link Cable. I'm sure a co-op Legend of Zelda game would have been the bomb though! Overall, the game was vast, colorful, challenging, and creative, but, like all great Legend of Zelda games, it is slightly overrated. Expand
  12. Sep 2, 2012
    I know this is a GBA review, but I owned aLtTP for SNES and thats what I am referring to in this review. I would like to start off by saying this is equally my favorite Zelda game along with Ocarina of Time, and this game is truly important to me. I have stated that Chrono Trigger brings back special memories for me, and so does this game. For me, this is the best action-RPG ever created and there is not ONE thing I do not like about this game. Whether its the beautiful music, the masterfully designed map and dungeons, or the totally smooth and polished graphics, this game is freakin awesome and if you have never played through it, I guarantee to this day you will have a blast. Everything just seems to flow so well in this game, and all the ideas are well crafted and used to this day. I would say that I have played through this game and gotten all the hearts at least 10 times, and for me every time was worth it. Expand
  13. Jan 21, 2012
    I cant decide on my favorite Zelda game, being an avid fan of the series, but this one seems to be leading the race right now, there's just nothing negative about this game. I enjoyed every dungeon and every boss battle, the old graphics don't inhibit it, if anything it makes the game better. I recommend this game to just about everyone.
  14. Dec 21, 2011
    I played though this game when I was 9, and since I was much older when I played through al the other zelda games, I guess I would have to say that this one is the best. Keep in min though that this game has aged terribly over the years, and I would not have given the same rating had I played it today.
  15. Nov 20, 2011
    This game was amazing and epic. Although some parts were frustrating and the plot felt a little bland and the characters sometimes seemed emotionless which made the game seem lonely, it was an amazing experience overall.
  16. Oct 18, 2011
    im actually reviewing the vc lttp, not 4 swords, so lets crack down.

excellt gameplay mixed with rly not knowng what to do most of the time is forgiven by everything else, getting an amazing score of 94%
  17. Jul 18, 2011
    Link to the Past remains true to the standard Zelda formula. The quest is long but enjoyable, and the graphics are amazing and the story is good. Very fun.
  18. Jul 11, 2011
    All I can really say is that this is by far the best 2D Zelda game out there. For me, this is the second greatest Zelda game, behind what is, of course, the greatest game ever made, Ocarina of Time.
  19. Jun 28, 2011
    One of greatest adventures I under took in my late childhood was playing The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past! Many claim that Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda game, and while indeed it is excellent, the real masterpiece that Ocarina was built from is A Link to the Past. The gamed design, gameplay, art design, quest design, dungeon layout, themes, items, pacing, and story all were set out here that Ocarina and the later Zelda titles would follow. When I finished this game over a summer while young I felt as if I had finished a great quest, an epic journey. There have been few games that brought this level and feeling of satisfaction. But this game is not a masterpiece because I enjoyed it as a child, Zelda: A Link to the Past is one of the best crafted and designed action/adventure video games of all time with or without nostalgia. Expand
  20. Jun 23, 2011
    First of all, MichealP. if you read the description, it said that it was a REMAKE of the SNES game. Read the description before you drag the reputation down. Anyways, one of my best purchases for the GBA. I still have the SP so I can play it. Truly deserves the title of best GBA game of all time.
  21. May 3, 2011
    Another excellent port of another masterful SNES classic in the palm of your hands. Pros: Fantastic graphics and audio; legendary single-player mode; the additional Four Swords is one of the funnest multi-player adventures on the GBA. Cons: The control is a bit touchy; finding two to four friends with a GBA, cartridge, and link is a bit uncommon.
  22. Jan 4, 2011

Metroid Prime (Trilogy)
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Resident Evil 4
    Tetris DS
    Words with Friends (Scrabble)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mike Tysonâ

An indispensable game, combining arguably the finest RPG/adventure the 16-bit era ever produced (even compared to the likes of Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy VI) with an expertly realised multiplayer rendition of Zelda.
  2. The adventure is long, involving, challenging and presented to perfection with beautiful graphics and a stunning soundtrack.
  3. Not having to dig out the SNES and clean out the cartridge port is nice enough, but to play this classic game on the bus? Pure Nirvana. [Feb 2003, p.74]