9.0

1. May 20, 2018
    Un paso adelante en la saga the legend of zelda un juego que marco un antes y despues, y uno de los mejores del Snes 10/10
  2. Apr 15, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the greatest games of all time, Zelda, Link to the Past is a game ahead of its time. With a remarkable soundtrack and an incredible story, the game continues in the memory of the players after 26 years after its release in SNES. Expand
  3. Feb 10, 2018
    I have absolutely no words. This game is a must and is one of the best games I have ever played. It's so remember able with its soundtrack, game play, and awesome action. I just feel that the music adds an awesome feeling to the game with it's awesome soundtrack. Man this game is awesome! The game introduced me into the world of every Legend of Zelda title which I really want to play moreI have absolutely no words. This game is a must and is one of the best games I have ever played. It's so remember able with its soundtrack, game play, and awesome action. I just feel that the music adds an awesome feeling to the game with it's awesome soundtrack. Man this game is awesome! The game introduced me into the world of every Legend of Zelda title which I really want to play more than I did before. I want everyone to play this just to see how awesome it is. It bugs me that there probably can't be another game that gives me a feeling like this. Even if they make an HD remake, I won't like it as much because I absolutely love its classic soundtrack and its classic graphics. There is nothing wrong with The Legend of Zelda: a Link to the Past. Expand
  4. Jan 10, 2018
    Una ambientación genial, un mundo bien planteado, diseño de niveles muy inteligente. Sin embargo cojea un poco la historia, que intenta ser épica pero resulta algo enrevesada.
  5. Nov 8, 2017
    Amazing, a true classic. This game is one of the bes things that ever grazed the world of gaming. The Zelda series is truely amazing and which game is the best is up for debate but one thing is for certain, it's the Zelda game with the most replay value.
  6. Nov 7, 2017
    Im here to talk about SNES version. This game may be a little hard to play these days, becouse of its difficulty level and controls. But if you get into you will get game that introduced the classic Zelda formula that we all love today.
  7. Oct 9, 2017
    A Link to the Past is a game I was quite looking forward to, based on my adoration for it's successor, the far superior A Link Between Worlds, and based on it's extremely positive reputation. However, although I can appreciate how impressive this must have been at the time, and how the puzzles, graphics and soundtrack all hold up, I can't say that I had much fun playing this, and can't sayA Link to the Past is a game I was quite looking forward to, based on my adoration for it's successor, the far superior A Link Between Worlds, and based on it's extremely positive reputation. However, although I can appreciate how impressive this must have been at the time, and how the puzzles, graphics and soundtrack all hold up, I can't say that I had much fun playing this, and can't say it's the best game of all time, or even the best Zelda game - not by a long shot. (Please note that this is a review for the original SNES version emulated on the 3DS and not the GBA version)
    THE GOOD
    - The art style is still very pleasing, and Hyrule itself, both in the Light and Dark worlds, is still great to look at. The graphics have aged well, including sprites and animations. Environments are varied enough, and it's always interesting to see the various incarnations of Hyrule's many locales. From Death Mountain to Lake Hylia, the vistas are still iconic.
    - As with many Zelda games, this has an absolutely stellar soundtrack.
    - The level design of the dungeons is also good, and I found the puzzles to be of an adequate difficulty. These dungeons, which make up the bulk of ALttP, are where I enjoyed myself the most: they still hold up. The boss battle at the end of each was also usually enjoyable, and each was different enough from the last to keep them fresh, often requiring the use of new items you pick up in the dungeons.
    - I liked the pace of the game, with no filler whatsoever. I was almost always in a dungeon, which played to the game's strengths. I felt as though there was a strong sense of progression, helped by the consistent acquiring of new items and gear.
    THE BAD
    - ALttP is incredibly frustrating. I can't see how others can overlook the multitude of problems that plague an otherwise great game, that could have been so much more enjoyable without the following issues:
    - Combat was usually poor. You can only attack in four directions, but enemies can hit you diagonally. This is a ridiculous design flaw! It makes fighting multiple enemies at once impossible, and saps the fun out of it. I could only every truly enjoy combat during a boss battle, when it was just me versus them, but even then I encountered some problems. Hitboxes on some of the bosses seemed a bit off, and I had to get very close to them to strike them.
    - AI is poor. A lot of enemies end up continually walking into a barrier, unable to simply move around it.
    - Some enemy attacks seem very cheap. Lots of enemies attack you simply by moving towards you. When they touch you, you take damage. This wouldn't be too bad, if not for the fact that you can't attack diagonally. Once they're on you, they can land a few hits before you have a chance to walk away and position yourself in such a way that you can fight back. When there's a few of these enemies at once, things get even more annoying. Recovery time after getting hit feels too short, so if you've got a swarm of these cheap enemies on you, you'll be dead before you know it.
    - When you die in a dungeon, you spawn at the entrance. It gets tedious going through the same dungeon again and again until you can finally kill the boss.
    - There is some lag when there are multiple sprites on screen.
    - The thing that ultimately killed my enjoyment of the game for good was the ridiculously specific solution to puzzles in the overworld, which meant something as simple as getting to the next dungeon became a chore. I genuinely doubt I (or anyone) could have gotten through without a walkthrough. When I googled what I had to do, I hated ALttP for not giving even a scrap of guidance. Here is just one of countless examples when the game demanded something stupid: To kill Ganon you need to have found the silver arrows. Are you told you need these? No, obviously not. So how do you get them? First, you must find a dwarven blacksmith in a location you have no way of knowing. I can't recall why this is necessary? But it is. Then, you go to buy a 'super bomb', which again, you are not told the existence of, or of course where to buy one, which you then take to a pyramid to blow a hole in a wall, which again you are not told to do, at which point you enter a mysterious fountain. Then you throw your bow and arrow in the fountain. WHAT? This is very poor game design! I despise when games hold your hand through everything, but this is worse than that... There is simply no guidance! Sure, an NPC mentions that a blacksmith is missing, but that's it. I can't believe this was seen as acceptable. I can think of at least 5 more examples where I grudgingly had to take out my phone to google how to do something that should be easy, but is instead arbitrarily hidden.
    THE BORING
    - The story is nothing special.
    CONCLUSION
    - I can only recommend this as a piece of gaming history to appreciate - AT it's core, this is a great game, but it hasn't stood the test of time, and odd 'puzzles' in the overworld ruined it for me.
  8. Jun 12, 2017
    A Link to the Past hasn't aged very well. This is still a good game, except that it is too outdated to compete with other newer Zelda games such as Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild, or even Ocarina of Time. It's soundtrack although having some nice tracks, is hard to listen to due to the technical limitations of the SNES and GBA. There are also way too many caves, in which it is veryA Link to the Past hasn't aged very well. This is still a good game, except that it is too outdated to compete with other newer Zelda games such as Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild, or even Ocarina of Time. It's soundtrack although having some nice tracks, is hard to listen to due to the technical limitations of the SNES and GBA. There are also way too many caves, in which it is very easy to get lost and can become tedious and frustrating. The overworld is good and has many hidden secrets. Most of the dungeons are still pretty good, such as Swamp Palace or Misery Mire. However some dungeons are just awful, such as the Ice Palace, I have raged so much while playing through this dungeon, there are enemies everywhere and the slippery floor doesn't help the game's controls, definitely in my top 3 worst Zelda dungeons of all time. Turtle Rock and Eastern Palace are also pretty tedious and outdated. Overall this game is still a good game and hasn't aged as bad as Super Mario Bros 3, but it is not one of the best games out there anymore unfortunately. This is a game I can only recommend to hardcore Zelda or Retro gaming fans. I also recommend playing this game casually rather than intensely. Expand
  9. Mar 27, 2017
    I say the GBA Remake of Link To The Past is one huge improvement over the SNES Version and here is why i think that: The Legend Of Zelda A Link To The Past is not a game i say is 10/10 best game ever because every game has its flaws Sonic 06 is well Sonic 06 or how Metroid Fusion suffers from long intro the SNES original has more than a few it has around a dozen i will only name a coupleI say the GBA Remake of Link To The Past is one huge improvement over the SNES Version and here is why i think that: The Legend Of Zelda A Link To The Past is not a game i say is 10/10 best game ever because every game has its flaws Sonic 06 is well Sonic 06 or how Metroid Fusion suffers from long intro the SNES original has more than a few it has around a dozen i will only name a couple so this doesn't drag on and on but i do think i should get on with it so first off one major problem is, Music the music on the original is good but adding sound effects of link talking is not needed it makes the game harder to play if your ears are THAT sensitive it doesn't affect the gameplay just wanted to point that out but i always see lots of people bashing this Remake for that reason its been in the series SINCE OCARINA OF TIME BUT NO ONE SAID THAT WAS A BAD THING just blah blah blah this isn't as grand as every makes it out to be Expand
  10. Mar 24, 2017
    Really best Zelda 2D game. This game is awesome in various ways. I really loved the way who Nintendo get and sell for us gamers. First i have play it on SNES, after in GBA. And I really loved. Recomend.
  11. Mar 12, 2017
    Overrated AF. try playing this game after Ocarina of time. Good luck. Why do people love this game so much? It's unbearable, after finishing the opening in Hyrule castle I was so bored.
  12. Mar 6, 2017
    My favorite game of all time. This game came out on the Super Nintendo in 1991 and set the real standard for all future Zelda games. The very definition of MASTERPIECE!
  13. Nov 18, 2016
    There will be endless debates about which Zelda game is better, this or ocarina.

For me, it's this. Its 2D action adventure perfection. Still to this day I dont think there's another 2D action adventure that's as good at this. The controls are perfect, the story is there if you want it (I've completed this game at least 10 times and still have never read the story, which says more

The controls are perfect, the story is there if you want it (I've completed this game at least 10 times and still have never read the story, which says more about me than it does the game), the levels are amazing, and the bosses ramp up the stakes each time you meet one.

It has an amazing inventory which rarely gets the praise it deserves contains some of the coolest weapons ever in video games. Screen clearing with that thunder medallion never gets boring.

But it's music which cements it in my top two snes games of all time. The tunes that the composer squeezed out of the tiny little sound chip are amazing, far surpassing the work of entire orchestra's in many modern games.

It won't ever be my favourite game on the snes, but it will always the best game on the snes.
  14. Nov 17, 2016
    Overall, an enjoyable, challenging experience. I enjoyed my time with this one, but it felt fairly brief and had its shortcomings. While it is still a fantastic game, I spent a fair amount of time grinding for Rupees or playing dungeons over and over on the ludicrous bosses (MOTHULA). While the game itself manages to show a strong adventure of a character, the adventure itself was short,Overall, an enjoyable, challenging experience. I enjoyed my time with this one, but it felt fairly brief and had its shortcomings. While it is still a fantastic game, I spent a fair amount of time grinding for Rupees or playing dungeons over and over on the ludicrous bosses (MOTHULA). While the game itself manages to show a strong adventure of a character, the adventure itself was short, and the final boss fell down easily. All in all, a good way to prepare yourself to the Zelda series, but by no means the greatest entry. Expand
  15. Aug 28, 2016
    First off, can anyone tell me who or what the **** Link is? This is the 2nd time they've mentioned a "Link", but you still play as Zelda. So what the **** Anyway, the twink is back at it again with saving the elf grill. Also, her design is awful if I haven't mentioned that before. I bet if she was wearing one of those super armor bikinis, she wouldn't be getting kidnapped so much. TheFirst off, can anyone tell me who or what the **** Link is? This is the 2nd time they've mentioned a "Link", but you still play as Zelda. So what the **** Anyway, the twink is back at it again with saving the elf grill. Also, her design is awful if I haven't mentioned that before. I bet if she was wearing one of those super armor bikinis, she wouldn't be getting kidnapped so much. The ****in goblin king, wouldn't even be able to hurt her. But here she is, fully clothed. For a classic, they sure don't know how video games work. Expand
  16. Mar 24, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. nossa que jogo bom, melhor jogo que existe do passado que vc acha que acabou mas só foi 1/4 e na verdade tem muita coisa pra fazer é isso ae 10/10 ae vlw shigeru Expand
  17. Feb 27, 2016
    Game: The Legend of Zelda A Link To The Past
    Genre: Action Adventure
    Publisher/Developer: Nintendo System: Gameboy Advance (GBA) Total Score: 92/100 Value Score: 9.2/10 • Story: 9/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 8/10 • Sound: 9/10 • Music: 10/10 • Length: 9/10 • Replay Value: 7/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Includes the "Palace of the Four Swords"
    Game: The Legend of Zelda A Link To The Past
    Genre: Action Adventure
    Publisher/Developer: Nintendo
    System: Gameboy Advance (GBA)
    Total Score: 92/100

• Music: 10/10
    • Length: 9/10
    • Replay Value: 7/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Includes the "Palace of the Four Swords" dungeon exclusive to the GBA version with additional bosses
    +New sound effects have been added including Young Link noises from Ocarina of Time
    +Sleep mode option added (L+R buttons)
    +Dungeon Names show up when entering a dungeon
    +Several changes have been made such as dungeon and enemies layout/appearance, sparkling stones which give rupees upon hit, UI and Inventory changes, weapon/item changes with additional effects
    +Riddle Quest has been added (must finish Four Swords first)

Cons
    -Due to the GBA's sound card, sound quality is worse than the SNES version
    -In order to unlock the dungeon for the Palace of Four Swords, you would need to link up two games and finish Four Swords or use a cheat device to bypass this
    -Chris Houlihan's room from the original can only be accessed through a cheat device and not in game anymore
  18. Oct 3, 2015
    Dare I say, but this is better than Ocarina of Time. Probably the best Zelda game ever. The story is really good, the controls are great -of course, there are the ones who complain about them, there ALWAYS are the ones who complain about them, but they are simple, and if there is anything bad on them it doesn't affect the game play- and... Well, I don't even know what to say anymore! It'sDare I say, but this is better than Ocarina of Time. Probably the best Zelda game ever. The story is really good, the controls are great -of course, there are the ones who complain about them, there ALWAYS are the ones who complain about them, but they are simple, and if there is anything bad on them it doesn't affect the game play- and... Well, I don't even know what to say anymore! It's great! Of course, it was hard to play it in public, since most people of my classroom only look forward to graphics, graphics and graphics. Every time they saw me playing they said "LOL stop playing that thing and play something really good like GTA V!". Poor souls. The game was so perfect that I barely could hear them.
    There is one thing to complain about, though. I am not proud of that, but I had to search the internet to pass some parts. That's because there are some things that I really just wouldn't figure out! Like the correct order of the pillars to get to the portal that leads to Ganon's Tower (not putting it here because there is no need for SPOILEEEERS). How was I supposed to know it? But anyway, that's what the internet is for (actually not, but it can do it pretty well, too :D )! The game graphics, PERSONALLY, are good. It isn't a game that lost its beauty easily like Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal (sorry!). When the person who plays it has an opened mind for old games, it is still beautiful, no matter how old it is. Sometimes you get confused, or maybe the game just puts too much information in your head- but that's the nice part! After some brain effort, everything fits perfectly like a good puzzle.
    So, to those who didn't play any Zelda game, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, MAN?!
  19. Sep 27, 2015
    The best Zelda game, no doubt. Great story and characters. Hyrule has always been one of my favorite Nintendo settings. Definitely goes down as one of Nintendo's greatest. Link Between Worlds is a great successor to it.
  20. Apr 3, 2015
    This game is amazing, best game of the SNES in my opinion. The soundtrack and the gameplay are fantastic. The puzzles are fun to solve and the map is huge for a SNES game. I recommend!
  21. Mar 24, 2015
    Looking back this game should have waited and became the first 3D zelda, everything this game lacks is directly related to the 2D hence why ocarina of time is considered the greatest as the level of immersion in 2D is easily surpassed in 3D along with Item design and enemies. Again this game in 3D would be a triumph like Link Between worlds.
  22. Dec 17, 2014
    Fantastic game, just fantastic. If you enjoyed the first 2 original LoZ games you would enjoy this, it is better imo. I downloaded from the Wii U virtual console, and I love it. Great dungeons, although some of the easier ones in the franchise, and good combat. However there are times where you will indeed rage. The bosses are unforgivable, but when you kill them it feels so good. GamesFantastic game, just fantastic. If you enjoyed the first 2 original LoZ games you would enjoy this, it is better imo. I downloaded from the Wii U virtual console, and I love it. Great dungeons, although some of the easier ones in the franchise, and good combat. However there are times where you will indeed rage. The bosses are unforgivable, but when you kill them it feels so good. Games are supposed to be fun right? Well it's not when you are fighting the same boss and doing the same things excessively to get to that boss. Another thing is that after you die you respawn with half health. And some bosses can do massive amounts of damage, and there are so many things you have to watch for in some boss fights. Having a fairy on you is very helpful. For example one boss shoots out fireballs that seperate into smaller fire balls that you have to watch out for, while the boss moves around, and will do massive amounts of damage to you if it runs into you, also having a tail that can strike you at anytime. You have to hit it 10 times to get it's armor off then hit it another 10 times to kill it. I think a lot of people think this game is GOAT from nostalgia. Don't get me wrong it's a fantastic game but it can really piss you off. While people may just call me a **** since I'm not giving it a perfect score because I said some of the bosses are too hard, but you will know what I mean when you play it. It is NOT fun to do the same things over and over again to get to a boss that you just die from and have to restart the process all over again.. My last words: FDSIOHOIFHSUIDUFIOSDHIUJSDIOHFIUSDGIUSHDIOphuipfsiOGHSDPUojgpdJGIhuoihgiuoGHuhugi Expand
  23. Oct 25, 2014
    When I played Ocarina of time i thought was among the best games i ever played... but even back in the day the 3d visuals didnt impressed me to much, more was the aspect of the 3d gaming that i loved.
    Link world certainly looks more alive and better overall on the snes masterpiece. Have played all zeldas, and this one is still the best to recommend, the one that captures what a zelda game has to be.

Anything less than a 10 is a insult to this game. haven't played it? feel SORRY for you, you're missing out one of the top 10 videogames ever created! Soundtrack is magical as well.
  24. Aug 17, 2014
    This game is awesome. It was a big step, back in the day when it came out on SNES in 1991. This Zelda game cared about the story. The only bad reason is this game is a little bit short. There may be a lot of dungeons but dungeons were easy. Anyways, this game is full of fun and memories and I love it!
  25. Jul 1, 2014
    THIS....IS.....THE.....BEST......ZELDA....GAME......EVER! Yes it is. ... it really is. Every Zelda game since this came out is based on it. Yes in Ocarina you can ride a horse, yes in twilight princess you can change into a wolf but essentially with all of those you're playing this game with better graphics.

The graphics on this when it came out on the snes were superb, they've aged

The graphics on this when it came out on the snes were superb, they've aged very well as has the gameplay as has the musc.

If you like Zelda and haven't played this, PLAY IT.

If you have played this before PLAY IT AGAIN

If you've never played any Zelda game PLAY THIS ONE.

Very few games deserve a score of 10 in fact I could count on the fingers of one hand those that do. This is one of them.
  26. Jun 4, 2014
    The most overrated game ever made after the greatness of Zelda 1 and 2 I don't get why this game is so loved by the fans sure, it brought in great graphics for it's time the master sword and various other staples but I don't understand why this game so loved 5.3/10
  27. Dec 1, 2013
    (Takes a deep breath...) All right, here we go. I think A Link to the Past is slightly overrated. Not to say I think its bad, but I would consider it a weaker Zelda title today. I don't even think I'd put it in my top 5 list. I've heard many say that ALttP is their favorite Zelda because many of the elements in future installments derive from it. But just because a game possesses elements(Takes a deep breath...) All right, here we go. I think A Link to the Past is slightly overrated. Not to say I think its bad, but I would consider it a weaker Zelda title today. I don't even think I'd put it in my top 5 list. I've heard many say that ALttP is their favorite Zelda because many of the elements in future installments derive from it. But just because a game possesses elements that future games will build upon doesn't mean that it is the best. In fact, such a game should grow worse as the series progresses. Though ALttP has aged considerably well, it falls into this category.

So what do I not like about ALttP? Well, setting aside my taste in art styles, I can't say I hate anything about the game. Granted, the dungeons don't have much variety in style and the music tends to drone on, but other than that it's a solid game. The combat is fun and exploration is nearly perfect. I suppose the one thing that bugs me the most is how the game establishes itself through its story. The story is considerably basic and still maintains the feeling that it's an 8-bit game, where story wasn't relied heavily on. But with games nowadays, and even back in the 16-bit era with games like Chrono Trigger, story is one of the biggest driving points for the player. Games can't afford to have an uninteresting set of characters or atmosphere now that so much more is expected out of them.

While this game is a classic in every sense of the word, I can't get over the feeling that I'm playing a dated game every time I play it. While it certainly deserves praise for what it has done for the franchise and will not be forgotten, I simply cannot call it one of the best. The game is pure fun, but don't expect anything more.
  28. Nov 24, 2013
    Perhaps the best GBA game? It's a very good port. I played it on my GBPlayer on the GameCube and this review is for A Link to the Past.

ALttP is considdered one of the best games OF ALL TIME. Now I first played it in 2002 on the GBA which is also amazing. It has aged really well: the graphics, music and gameplay. Yet it doesn't feel like the full thing after playing Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. You can't ask for a better handheld Zelda though! 9.5/10
  29. Oct 17, 2013
    Zelda a link to the past is an incredible game and one of the best games of all times Link must explore hyrule and the dark world to save zelda It was great on snes and it's graphics are gorgeous the gameplay and music it's perfect
  30. Sep 28, 2013
    i pleyed this game this Year for the first time, amazing..
    I thought that Oot was unbeatable but this game, considering that it was on Snes, is at the same level,
    of course is a 10/10
  31. Sep 10, 2013
    I absolutely love this game as a toddler back in the old millennium! And of course, it brings our childhood video games to life like Super Mario Bros., F-Zero, Spyro, and many more!
  32. Mar 24, 2013
    My first Zelda game, and what a game it was. Tight controls, sweet music, awesome dungeons, and a story that gave me the drive to kick Ganon's butt.The only frustrating part was when I just couldn't figure out what to do next. This only happened twice, so you shouldn't need a full guide, but you might need to look up how to get specific items on google or youtube once or twice.
  33. Sep 17, 2012
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for the Game Boy Advance is a great tribute to the original classic game. The controls were definitely solid considering the game was transported from a controller with a different button scheme. The entire game had the perfect amount of difficulty attached, although, it progressed awkwardly. It was exploratory, colorful, and vast. Many of the bossesThe Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for the Game Boy Advance is a great tribute to the original classic game. The controls were definitely solid considering the game was transported from a controller with a different button scheme. The entire game had the perfect amount of difficulty attached, although, it progressed awkwardly. It was exploratory, colorful, and vast. Many of the bosses were original and looked amazing! The final boss was climatic and challenging. It was not perfect, though. Many complained it was a pretty much a blatant copy of the original, but I felt that it did not need to be muddied down with different gameplay. I want the real deal, not a Game Boy Advance almost the same game. Anyway, much of the game time was running around trying to find items or get to places. I felt it should have been more than one transport just like in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Also, many of the items were used too little to be even considered important. Maybe you would use some of them once or twice outside the dungeons. Speaking of dungeons, many of them were pretty short and simple, but to give them credit, they were more so creative and fun. Furthermore, the hitboxes and hit detection felt immensely off. An enemy could be in the same place as Link and drain most your heath, especially considering that the after-hit invincibility is too short. Lastly, dying after merely trying to figure out the weakness in a boss battle, and having to go through the entire temple was pretty irritating, which means one should stock up on fairies and potions. Many compare this game to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time due to the very similar gameplay, so I have to say I liked playing that one better just because it is in the three-dimensional realm, but this game was made with better technique and was done better. I could not judge Four Swords because nobody I knew had the game cartridge, let alone the Link Cable. I'm sure a co-op Legend of Zelda game would have been the bomb though! Overall, the game was vast, colorful, challenging, and creative, but, like all great Legend of Zelda games, it is slightly overrated. Expand
  34. Sep 2, 2012
    I know this is a GBA review, but I owned aLtTP for SNES and thats what I am referring to in this review. I would like to start off by saying this is equally my favorite Zelda game along with Ocarina of Time, and this game is truly important to me. I have stated that Chrono Trigger brings back special memories for me, and so does this game. For me, this is the best action-RPG ever createdI know this is a GBA review, but I owned aLtTP for SNES and thats what I am referring to in this review. I would like to start off by saying this is equally my favorite Zelda game along with Ocarina of Time, and this game is truly important to me. I have stated that Chrono Trigger brings back special memories for me, and so does this game. For me, this is the best action-RPG ever created and there is not ONE thing I do not like about this game. Whether its the beautiful music, the masterfully designed map and dungeons, or the totally smooth and polished graphics, this game is freakin awesome and if you have never played through it, I guarantee to this day you will have a blast. Everything just seems to flow so well in this game, and all the ideas are well crafted and used to this day. I would say that I have played through this game and gotten all the hearts at least 10 times, and for me every time was worth it. Expand
  35. Jan 21, 2012
    I cant decide on my favorite Zelda game, being an avid fan of the series, but this one seems to be leading the race right now, there's just nothing negative about this game. I enjoyed every dungeon and every boss battle, the old graphics don't inhibit it, if anything it makes the game better. I recommend this game to just about everyone.
  36. Dec 21, 2011
    I played though this game when I was 9, and since I was much older when I played through al the other zelda games, I guess I would have to say that this one is the best. Keep in min though that this game has aged terribly over the years, and I would not have given the same rating had I played it today.
  37. Nov 20, 2011
    This game was amazing and epic. Although some parts were frustrating and the plot felt a little bland and the characters sometimes seemed emotionless which made the game seem lonely, it was an amazing experience overall.
  38. Oct 18, 2011
    im actually reviewing the vc lttp, not 4 swords, so lets crack down.

excellt gameplay mixed with rly not knowng what to do most of the time is forgiven by everything else, getting an amazing score of 94%
  39. Jul 18, 2011
    Link to the Past remains true to the standard Zelda formula. The quest is long but enjoyable, and the graphics are amazing and the story is good. Very fun.
  40. Jul 11, 2011
    All I can really say is that this is by far the best 2D Zelda game out there. For me, this is the second greatest Zelda game, behind what is, of course, the greatest game ever made, Ocarina of Time.
  41. Jun 28, 2011
    One of greatest adventures I under took in my late childhood was playing The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past! Many claim that Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda game, and while indeed it is excellent, the real masterpiece that Ocarina was built from is A Link to the Past. The gamed design, gameplay, art design, quest design, dungeon layout, themes, items, pacing, and story allOne of greatest adventures I under took in my late childhood was playing The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past! Many claim that Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda game, and while indeed it is excellent, the real masterpiece that Ocarina was built from is A Link to the Past. The gamed design, gameplay, art design, quest design, dungeon layout, themes, items, pacing, and story all were set out here that Ocarina and the later Zelda titles would follow. When I finished this game over a summer while young I felt as if I had finished a great quest, an epic journey. There have been few games that brought this level and feeling of satisfaction. But this game is not a masterpiece because I enjoyed it as a child, Zelda: A Link to the Past is one of the best crafted and designed action/adventure video games of all time with or without nostalgia. Expand
  42. Jun 23, 2011
    First of all, MichealP. if you read the description, it said that it was a REMAKE of the SNES game. Read the description before you drag the reputation down. Anyways, one of my best purchases for the GBA. I still have the SP so I can play it. Truly deserves the title of best GBA game of all time.
  43. May 3, 2011
    Another excellent port of another masterful SNES classic in the palm of your hands. Pros: Fantastic graphics and audio; legendary single-player mode; the additional Four Swords is one of the funnest multi-player adventures on the GBA. Cons: The control is a bit touchy; finding two to four friends with a GBA, cartridge, and link is a bit uncommon.
  44. Jan 4, 2011

Metroid Prime (Trilogy)
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Resident Evil 4
    Tetris DS
    Words with Friends (Scrabble)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mike Tysonâ
  45. JesseR
    Jan 18, 2010
    Out of all of the pre-Ocarina Zelda games, A Link to the Past is definitely the best. The depth of the game, including both its Light and Dark world, as well as the many secrets and items found, make it one of the best Zelda titles there is. The sheer number of dungeons and difficulty of the game make it one of the longer Zelda games I
  46. JordanG
    Sep 21, 2009
    A challenging adventure. This game is 2D adventuring at it's finest. One of the best Zelda titles ever, definately the best 2D one.
  47. JackC.
    Jul 7, 2009
    A link to the past is only second to ocarina of time in my opinion. To those criticizing the dated graphics and sound you obviously haven't played the original zelda(It kicks ass even though it's old). But I agree that some items are useless (wtf icerod?) To Steve P.: If you found it too hard you probably shouldn't be playing videogames.
  48. AnonY.Mous
    Jun 11, 2009
    Okay, this is an overrated, but still pretty good, game. It was probably the best thing out there in the SNES era, but let's face it: it doesn't hold up well enough to be considered a timeless classic. These days, there are games that do the same thing, but better, which nobody seems to understand due to nostalgia. A remake should have fixed this by adding major gameplay changes Okay, this is an overrated, but still pretty good, game. It was probably the best thing out there in the SNES era, but let's face it: it doesn't hold up well enough to be considered a timeless classic. These days, there are games that do the same thing, but better, which nobody seems to understand due to nostalgia. A remake should have fixed this by adding major gameplay changes and not just parroting the original, and that's where it truly falls: it needs more added to keep up with the rest of the gaming world. Expand
  49. Neosmith
    Mar 19, 2008
    To Steve P. this game is not t hard you just suck at playing games you will use the items you get a lot if you play the game to Baby doll what are you talking about "mario cart has better graphics" no its just a different type of game this is a remake of the SNES game Legend of Zelda Link to the past its not a new game its a remake for the people who didn't play this game now to To Steve P. this game is not t hard you just suck at playing games you will use the items you get a lot if you play the game to Baby doll what are you talking about "mario cart has better graphics" no its just a different type of game this is a remake of the SNES game Legend of Zelda Link to the past its not a new game its a remake for the people who didn't play this game now to everyone else the story is solid if you pay attention to enjoy this game you must have a long attention span. Expand
  50. l.v
    Jun 23, 2007
    IT is a great game, but no one has another copy where i live. I cant paly 4 swords. :( Some sound effects are annoying, but other than that, it rules.
  51. NathanH.
    Jun 1, 2007
    It's Zelda!! But the graphics are old, the bosses are boring, dungeons easy and short... But it's Zelda!!
  52. JeffG.
    Jan 25, 2006
    Always a great game to play. looks lovely on the GBA. And I mean the "Zelda: A Link to the Past" didn't care enough to play the 4 swords. But yes a must have for all Zelda fans and classic gamers.
  53. SteveP.
    Nov 19, 2005
    OK sorry to all the Zelda fans out there but I don't like this game. It was good for about 2 maybe 3 weeks, then it got hard, to hard. I understand makeing a game challenging but I hated killing 500 whatevers then being killed by some boss, that i didn't even know why i was fighting it, then start all over again. And when i finallly bet it, it gives me so dum ring, or sword, or OK sorry to all the Zelda fans out there but I don't like this game. It was good for about 2 maybe 3 weeks, then it got hard, to hard. I understand makeing a game challenging but I hated killing 500 whatevers then being killed by some boss, that i didn't even know why i was fighting it, then start all over again. And when i finallly bet it, it gives me so dum ring, or sword, or par of underware, that gives me some lame power I never use. Oh and the story is real creative, a princes gets kidnapped by an evil wizard who wants to take over the world. That kinda sound like the story to ever Cheap Excuse For An RPG. But if your a Hard Core RPG fan this game will be fantastic. Expand
  54. DavidD.
    Jun 9, 2005
    One. Great. Game. The best 2D Zelda there ever was, and I haven't tried Four Swords yet (because hardly anyone I know bought it)
  55. Babydoll
    Apr 17, 2005
    I voted 5 because i think you could of done a whole lot better on the gameboy advance zelda games like cmon mario cart has heaps better graphics and in the game cube for the legend of zelda the four swords is like a cartoon character.
  56. JhonC.
    Jan 30, 2005
    This is the best super mario game ever and zelda sucks!
  57. WayneW.
    Jan 16, 2005
    I managed to get a freind with the game but it doesnt let the two of us play it says"linking up" and then nothing happens. HELP!!!!
  58. MattC.
    Dec 12, 2004
    Best game EVER.
  59. JayZ.
    Jul 19, 2004
    One of the best Nintendo games ever created, and A Link to the Past lives up to that title in this GBA version. The thing that I don't like is they took out the Chris Houlihan room, which was real fun to back in the day. And I haven't even had an attempt at playing Four Swords yet, since I can't find a buddy with a GBA and this game. Aside from that, everything is perfect One of the best Nintendo games ever created, and A Link to the Past lives up to that title in this GBA version. The thing that I don't like is they took out the Chris Houlihan room, which was real fun to back in the day. And I haven't even had an attempt at playing Four Swords yet, since I can't find a buddy with a GBA and this game. Aside from that, everything is perfect and flawless. Expand
  60. AlexG.
    Jul 9, 2004
    This game = Best. Zelda game. Ever.
  61. AlexA.
    Jun 28, 2004
    It is challenging and it is hard to beat the game and the desert level.
  62. VantilborghyJ.
    Apr 26, 2004
    A real classic. A masterpiece. Unmissable. You have to play this. Four swords is also very good, can't wait for 'four swords adventures'
  63. Marc
    Mar 21, 2004
    A classic. Plain and simple. Get it now. RIGHT NOW.
  64. ColeB.
    Mar 6, 2004
    I couldn't figure out where to go...
  65. MikeS.
    Feb 14, 2004
    One of the funnest games i've played! probably the best adventure game.
  66. MattR.
    Feb 2, 2004
    The best game ever.It is a must have game.
  67. LingoBob
    Jan 30, 2004
    This game has everything you could want. I wish the bosses weren't so repetitive though.
  68. Sariachan
    Dec 7, 2003
    ALttP isn't the Zelda title I prefer above the others, but the one with the better designed dungeons, I think.
  69. GordonS.
    Aug 14, 2003
    This is a sick game!!!!
  70. SunnyW.
    Jul 24, 2003
    THIS GAME ROCKS!!!!!!!!
  71. LevitonK.
    Jul 12, 2003
    Possibly the best port of any game to the GBA that you will ever see. If you've played the original on the Super Nintendo, and loved it, I suggest that you get this one, too. Almost nothing is changed from the SNES version, which makes it awesome (and a good laugh against people who play it that say the graphics could be better.) And if you are lucky enough to have another friend Possibly the best port of any game to the GBA that you will ever see. If you've played the original on the Super Nintendo, and loved it, I suggest that you get this one, too. Almost nothing is changed from the SNES version, which makes it awesome (and a good laugh against people who play it that say the graphics could be better.) And if you are lucky enough to have another friend that does have this game (I was one to be with two friends) it will make the gameplay much better: with the new multiplayer mode and the new palace and secret move you can get. Nonetheless, this game is a must get. Expand
  72. SeanK.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I have been playin this game for ever and im still stuck at a part where you need to require the moon pearl. I only have an idea of where it is and I dont know how to get there.and ideas would be greatly appreciated.
  73. ZiggyStardust
    May 6, 2003
    If you haven't played the Super Nintendo version, this is totally the best game you could buy on the gba. It hasn't changed from the Snes version (which is a good thing). The only thing added is a multiplayer game - but it's not usually handy to have 2+ gbas and 2+ carts.
  74. NikF
    May 2, 2003
    Very good game!!!!!!!
  75. MattG.
    Apr 20, 2003
    This game is very good. I thought it was going to be stupid but it has a lot of action and you dont know what will happen in like other games. All in all this game is probloly my favorite game for GBA SP and im trying to get all my friends to buy it also...(you should to!)
  76. RyanB.
    Apr 7, 2003
    This game is great it has all the things you need to make a fun game. Its a classic but awesome game.
  77. JJK.
    Mar 21, 2003
    I've been playing it for about an hour and I was completely taken back to 1993 and playing Zelda on my SNES. I love it, it is what I have been waiting for on the GBA. I can't wait until I can play the multi-player game with some friends.
  78. M.B.
    Feb 15, 2003
    Link to the past is the best Zelda game ever, but i don't know anyone else with a gameboy advance and the same game, so i can't play four swords...I just wish that they made something so that you could play Four Swords with computer players.
  79. G.Reymen
    Jan 14, 2003
    By the 30 minutes i played this at my friends, it is an excellent game. Graphics could be better, but its on my birthday list!
  80. LukeH.
    Jan 7, 2003
    This game is the greatest game ever made! It was tremendous on the SNES and i've played many many games on many many other systems since, and no game even comes close to a Link to the Past.
    Dec 31, 2002
    Even though it is like the one for the Super Nintendo, it still might make some Zelda fans happy that they can play a Zelda game on the road or anywhere they might be.
  82. MichaelP.
    Dec 30, 2002
    This game is exactly the same as the Zelda on Super Nintendo. Nothing changed. I am also disappointed that the only way to play Four Swords is if you have at least two players, which means: Another person with a GBA, the Zelda Game, and link cables. Very Upsetting!
  83. DigitalThug
    Dec 25, 2002
    I owned this game for Super Nintendo. I've had Game Boy Advance for about a year and this is the only game I purchased. It's the only game worth purchasing. Only my opinion don't trash me because your favorite games aren't on my list.
  84. Puddle
    Dec 12, 2002
    I simply love this game!!!!!
  85. J.Palm
    Dec 5, 2002
    This is the best GBA game i have so far.
  86. Jan 4, 2011

Metroid Prime (Trilogy)
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Resident Evil 4
    Tetris DS
    Words with Friends (Scrabble)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mike Tysonâ

#1 Most Discussed Game Boy Advance Game of 2002
#2 Most Shared Game Boy Advance Game of 2002

An indispensable game, combining arguably the finest RPG/adventure the 16-bit era ever produced (even compared to the likes of Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy VI) with an expertly realised multiplayer rendition of Zelda.
  2. The adventure is long, involving, challenging and presented to perfection with beautiful graphics and a stunning soundtrack.
  3. GMR Magazine
    Not having to dig out the SNES and clean out the cartridge port is nice enough, but to play this classic game on the bus? Pure Nirvana. [Feb 2003, p.74]