9.0

1. Apr 3, 2015
    This game is amazing, best game of the SNES in my opinion. The soundtrack and the gameplay are fantastic. The puzzles are fun to solve and the map is huge for a SNES game. I recommend!
  2. Mar 24, 2015
    Looking back this game should have waited and became the first 3D zelda, everything this game lacks is directly related to the 2D hence why ocarina of time is considered the greatest as the level of immersion in 2D is easily surpassed in 3D along with Item design and enemies. Again this game in 3D would be a triumph like Link Between worlds.
  3. Dec 17, 2014
    Fantastic game, just fantastic. If you enjoyed the first 2 original LoZ games you would enjoy this, it is better imo. I downloaded from the Wii U virtual console, and I love it. Great dungeons, although some of the easier ones in the franchise, and good combat. However there are times where you will indeed rage. The bosses are unforgivable, but when you kill them it feels so good. GamesFantastic game, just fantastic. If you enjoyed the first 2 original LoZ games you would enjoy this, it is better imo. I downloaded from the Wii U virtual console, and I love it. Great dungeons, although some of the easier ones in the franchise, and good combat. However there are times where you will indeed rage. The bosses are unforgivable, but when you kill them it feels so good. Games are supposed to be fun right? Well it's not when you are fighting the same boss and doing the same things excessively to get to that boss. Another thing is that after you die you respawn with half health. And some bosses can do massive amounts of damage, and there are so many things you have to watch for in some boss fights. Having a fairy on you is very helpful. For example one boss shoots out fireballs that seperate into smaller fire balls that you have to watch out for, while the boss moves around, and will do massive amounts of damage to you if it runs into you, also having a tail that can strike you at anytime. You have to hit it 10 times to get it's armor off then hit it another 10 times to kill it. I think a lot of people think this game is GOAT from nostalgia. Don't get me wrong it's a fantastic game but it can really piss you off. While people may just call me a **** since I'm not giving it a perfect score because I said some of the bosses are too hard, but you will know what I mean when you play it. It is NOT fun to do the same things over and over again to get to a boss that you just die from and have to restart the process all over again.. My last words: FDSIOHOIFHSUIDUFIOSDHIUJSDIOHFIUSDGIUSHDIOphuipfsiOGHSDPUojgpdJGIhuoihgiuoGHuhugi Expand
  4. Oct 25, 2014
    When I played Ocarina of time i thought was among the best games i ever played... but even back in the day the 3d visuals didnt impressed me to much, more was the aspect of the 3d gaming that i loved.
    Link world certainly looks more alive and better overall on the snes masterpiece. Have played all zeldas, and this one is still the best to recommend, the one that captures what a zelda game has to be.

Anything less than a 10 is a insult to this game. haven't played it? feel SORRY for you, you're missing out one of the top 10 videogames ever created! Soundtrack is magical as well.
  5. Aug 17, 2014
    This game is awesome. It was a big step, back in the day when it came out on SNES in 1991. This Zelda game cared about the story. The only bad reason is this game is a little bit short. There may be a lot of dungeons but dungeons were easy. Anyways, this game is full of fun and memories and I love it!
  6. Jul 1, 2014
    THIS....IS.....THE.....BEST......ZELDA....GAME......EVER! Yes it is. ... it really is. Every Zelda game since this came out is based on it. Yes in Ocarina you can ride a horse, yes in twilight princess you can change into a wolf but essentially with all of those you're playing this game with better graphics.

The graphics on this when it came out on the snes were superb, they've aged

The graphics on this when it came out on the snes were superb, they've aged very well as has the gameplay as has the musc.

If you like Zelda and haven't played this, PLAY IT.

If you have played this before PLAY IT AGAIN

If you've never played any Zelda game PLAY THIS ONE.

Very few games deserve a score of 10 in fact I could count on the fingers of one hand those that do. This is one of them.
  7. Jun 4, 2014
    The most overrated game ever made after the greatness of Zelda 1 and 2 I don't get why this game is so loved by the fans sure, it brought in great graphics for it's time the master sword and various other staples but I don't understand why this game so loved 5.3/10
  8. Dec 1, 2013
    (Takes a deep breath...) All right, here we go. I think A Link to the Past is slightly overrated. Not to say I think its bad, but I would consider it a weaker Zelda title today. I don't even think I'd put it in my top 5 list. I've heard many say that ALttP is their favorite Zelda because many of the elements in future installments derive from it. But just because a game possesses elements(Takes a deep breath...) All right, here we go. I think A Link to the Past is slightly overrated. Not to say I think its bad, but I would consider it a weaker Zelda title today. I don't even think I'd put it in my top 5 list. I've heard many say that ALttP is their favorite Zelda because many of the elements in future installments derive from it. But just because a game possesses elements that future games will build upon doesn't mean that it is the best. In fact, such a game should grow worse as the series progresses. Though ALttP has aged considerably well, it falls into this category.

So what do I not like about ALttP? Well, setting aside my taste in art styles, I can't say I hate anything about the game. Granted, the dungeons don't have much variety in style and the music tends to drone on, but other than that it's a solid game. The combat is fun and exploration is nearly perfect. I suppose the one thing that bugs me the most is how the game establishes itself through its story. The story is considerably basic and still maintains the feeling that it's an 8-bit game, where story wasn't relied heavily on. But with games nowadays, and even back in the 16-bit era with games like Chrono Trigger, story is one of the biggest driving points for the player. Games can't afford to have an uninteresting set of characters or atmosphere now that so much more is expected out of them.

While this game is a classic in every sense of the word, I can't get over the feeling that I'm playing a dated game every time I play it. While it certainly deserves praise for what it has done for the franchise and will not be forgotten, I simply cannot call it one of the best. The game is pure fun, but don't expect anything more.
  9. Nov 24, 2013
    Perhaps the best GBA game? It's a very good port. I played it on my GBPlayer on the GameCube and this review is for A Link to the Past.

ALttP is considdered one of the best games OF ALL TIME. Now I first played it in 2002 on the GBA which is also amazing. It has aged really well: the graphics, music and gameplay. Yet it doesn't feel like the full thing after playing Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. You can't ask for a better handheld Zelda though! 9.5/10
  10. Oct 17, 2013
    Zelda a link to the past is an incredible game and one of the best games of all times Link must explore hyrule and the dark world to save zelda It was great on snes and it's graphics are gorgeous the gameplay and music it's perfect
  11. Sep 28, 2013
    i pleyed this game this Year for the first time, amazing..
    I thought that Oot was unbeatable but this game, considering that it was on Snes, is at the same level,
    of course is a 10/10
  12. Sep 10, 2013
    I absolutely love this game as a toddler back in the old millennium! And of course, it brings our childhood video games to life like Super Mario Bros., F-Zero, Spyro, and many more!
  13. Mar 24, 2013
    My first Zelda game, and what a game it was. Tight controls, sweet music, awesome dungeons, and a story that gave me the drive to kick Ganon's butt.The only frustrating part was when I just couldn't figure out what to do next. This only happened twice, so you shouldn't need a full guide, but you might need to look up how to get specific items on google or youtube once or twice.
  14. Sep 17, 2012
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for the Game Boy Advance is a great tribute to the original classic game. The controls were definitely solid considering the game was transported from a controller with a different button scheme. The entire game had the perfect amount of difficulty attached, although, it progressed awkwardly. It was exploratory, colorful, and vast. Many of the bossesThe Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for the Game Boy Advance is a great tribute to the original classic game. The controls were definitely solid considering the game was transported from a controller with a different button scheme. The entire game had the perfect amount of difficulty attached, although, it progressed awkwardly. It was exploratory, colorful, and vast. Many of the bosses were original and looked amazing! The final boss was climatic and challenging. It was not perfect, though. Many complained it was a pretty much a blatant copy of the original, but I felt that it did not need to be muddied down with different gameplay. I want the real deal, not a Game Boy Advance almost the same game. Anyway, much of the game time was running around trying to find items or get to places. I felt it should have been more than one transport just like in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Also, many of the items were used too little to be even considered important. Maybe you would use some of them once or twice outside the dungeons. Speaking of dungeons, many of them were pretty short and simple, but to give them credit, they were more so creative and fun. Furthermore, the hitboxes and hit detection felt immensely off. An enemy could be in the same place as Link and drain most your heath, especially considering that the after-hit invincibility is too short. Lastly, dying after merely trying to figure out the weakness in a boss battle, and having to go through the entire temple was pretty irritating, which means one should stock up on fairies and potions. Many compare this game to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time due to the very similar gameplay, so I have to say I liked playing that one better just because it is in the three-dimensional realm, but this game was made with better technique and was done better. I could not judge Four Swords because nobody I knew had the game cartridge, let alone the Link Cable. I'm sure a co-op Legend of Zelda game would have been the bomb though! Overall, the game was vast, colorful, challenging, and creative, but, like all great Legend of Zelda games, it is slightly overrated. Expand
  15. Sep 2, 2012
    I know this is a GBA review, but I owned aLtTP for SNES and thats what I am referring to in this review. I would like to start off by saying this is equally my favorite Zelda game along with Ocarina of Time, and this game is truly important to me. I have stated that Chrono Trigger brings back special memories for me, and so does this game. For me, this is the best action-RPG ever createdI know this is a GBA review, but I owned aLtTP for SNES and thats what I am referring to in this review. I would like to start off by saying this is equally my favorite Zelda game along with Ocarina of Time, and this game is truly important to me. I have stated that Chrono Trigger brings back special memories for me, and so does this game. For me, this is the best action-RPG ever created and there is not ONE thing I do not like about this game. Whether its the beautiful music, the masterfully designed map and dungeons, or the totally smooth and polished graphics, this game is freakin awesome and if you have never played through it, I guarantee to this day you will have a blast. Everything just seems to flow so well in this game, and all the ideas are well crafted and used to this day. I would say that I have played through this game and gotten all the hearts at least 10 times, and for me every time was worth it. Expand
  16. Jan 21, 2012
    I cant decide on my favorite Zelda game, being an avid fan of the series, but this one seems to be leading the race right now, there's just nothing negative about this game. I enjoyed every dungeon and every boss battle, the old graphics don't inhibit it, if anything it makes the game better. I recommend this game to just about everyone.
  17. Dec 21, 2011
    I played though this game when I was 9, and since I was much older when I played through al the other zelda games, I guess I would have to say that this one is the best. Keep in min though that this game has aged terribly over the years, and I would not have given the same rating had I played it today.
  18. Nov 20, 2011
    This game was amazing and epic. Although some parts were frustrating and the plot felt a little bland and the characters sometimes seemed emotionless which made the game seem lonely, it was an amazing experience overall.
  19. Oct 18, 2011
    im actually reviewing the vc lttp, not 4 swords, so lets crack down.

excellt gameplay mixed with rly not knowng what to do most of the time is forgiven by everything else, getting an amazing score of 94%
  20. Jul 18, 2011
    Link to the Past remains true to the standard Zelda formula. The quest is long but enjoyable, and the graphics are amazing and the story is good. Very fun.
  21. Jul 11, 2011
    All I can really say is that this is by far the best 2D Zelda game out there. For me, this is the second greatest Zelda game, behind what is, of course, the greatest game ever made, Ocarina of Time.
  22. Jun 28, 2011
    One of greatest adventures I under took in my late childhood was playing The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past! Many claim that Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda game, and while indeed it is excellent, the real masterpiece that Ocarina was built from is A Link to the Past. The gamed design, gameplay, art design, quest design, dungeon layout, themes, items, pacing, and story allOne of greatest adventures I under took in my late childhood was playing The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past! Many claim that Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda game, and while indeed it is excellent, the real masterpiece that Ocarina was built from is A Link to the Past. The gamed design, gameplay, art design, quest design, dungeon layout, themes, items, pacing, and story all were set out here that Ocarina and the later Zelda titles would follow. When I finished this game over a summer while young I felt as if I had finished a great quest, an epic journey. There have been few games that brought this level and feeling of satisfaction. But this game is not a masterpiece because I enjoyed it as a child, Zelda: A Link to the Past is one of the best crafted and designed action/adventure video games of all time with or without nostalgia. Expand
  23. Jun 23, 2011
    First of all, MichealP. if you read the description, it said that it was a REMAKE of the SNES game. Read the description before you drag the reputation down. Anyways, one of my best purchases for the GBA. I still have the SP so I can play it. Truly deserves the title of best GBA game of all time.
  24. May 3, 2011
    Another excellent port of another masterful SNES classic in the palm of your hands. Pros: Fantastic graphics and audio; legendary single-player mode; the additional Four Swords is one of the funnest multi-player adventures on the GBA. Cons: The control is a bit touchy; finding two to four friends with a GBA, cartridge, and link is a bit uncommon.
  25. Jan 4, 2011

Metroid Prime (Trilogy)
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Resident Evil 4
    Tetris DS
    Words with Friends (Scrabble)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mike Tysonâ
  26. JesseR
    Jan 18, 2010
    Out of all of the pre-Ocarina Zelda games, A Link to the Past is definitely the best. The depth of the game, including both its Light and Dark world, as well as the many secrets and items found, make it one of the best Zelda titles there is. The sheer number of dungeons and difficulty of the game make it one of the longer Zelda games I
  27. JordanG
    Sep 21, 2009
    A challenging adventure. This game is 2D adventuring at it's finest. One of the best Zelda titles ever, definately the best 2D one.
  28. JackC.
    Jul 7, 2009
    A link to the past is only second to ocarina of time in my opinion. To those criticizing the dated graphics and sound you obviously haven't played the original zelda(It kicks ass even though it's old). But I agree that some items are useless (wtf icerod?) To Steve P.: If you found it too hard you probably shouldn't be playing videogames.
  29. AnonY.Mous
    Jun 11, 2009
    Okay, this is an overrated, but still pretty good, game. It was probably the best thing out there in the SNES era, but let's face it: it doesn't hold up well enough to be considered a timeless classic. These days, there are games that do the same thing, but better, which nobody seems to understand due to nostalgia. A remake should have fixed this by adding major gameplay changes Okay, this is an overrated, but still pretty good, game. It was probably the best thing out there in the SNES era, but let's face it: it doesn't hold up well enough to be considered a timeless classic. These days, there are games that do the same thing, but better, which nobody seems to understand due to nostalgia. A remake should have fixed this by adding major gameplay changes and not just parroting the original, and that's where it truly falls: it needs more added to keep up with the rest of the gaming world. Expand
  30. Neosmith
    Mar 19, 2008
    To Steve P. this game is not t hard you just suck at playing games you will use the items you get a lot if you play the game to Baby doll what are you talking about "mario cart has better graphics" no its just a different type of game this is a remake of the SNES game Legend of Zelda Link to the past its not a new game its a remake for the people who didn't play this game now to To Steve P. this game is not t hard you just suck at playing games you will use the items you get a lot if you play the game to Baby doll what are you talking about "mario cart has better graphics" no its just a different type of game this is a remake of the SNES game Legend of Zelda Link to the past its not a new game its a remake for the people who didn't play this game now to everyone else the story is solid if you pay attention to enjoy this game you must have a long attention span. Expand
  31. l.v
    Jun 23, 2007
    IT is a great game, but no one has another copy where i live. I cant paly 4 swords. :( Some sound effects are annoying, but other than that, it rules.
  32. NathanH.
    Jun 1, 2007
    It's Zelda!! But the graphics are old, the bosses are boring, dungeons easy and short... But it's Zelda!!
  33. JeffG.
    Jan 25, 2006
    Always a great game to play. looks lovely on the GBA. And I mean the "Zelda: A Link to the Past" didn't care enough to play the 4 swords. But yes a must have for all Zelda fans and classic gamers.
  34. SteveP.
    Nov 19, 2005
    OK sorry to all the Zelda fans out there but I don't like this game. It was good for about 2 maybe 3 weeks, then it got hard, to hard. I understand makeing a game challenging but I hated killing 500 whatevers then being killed by some boss, that i didn't even know why i was fighting it, then start all over again. And when i finallly bet it, it gives me so dum ring, or sword, or OK sorry to all the Zelda fans out there but I don't like this game. It was good for about 2 maybe 3 weeks, then it got hard, to hard. I understand makeing a game challenging but I hated killing 500 whatevers then being killed by some boss, that i didn't even know why i was fighting it, then start all over again. And when i finallly bet it, it gives me so dum ring, or sword, or par of underware, that gives me some lame power I never use. Oh and the story is real creative, a princes gets kidnapped by an evil wizard who wants to take over the world. That kinda sound like the story to ever Cheap Excuse For An RPG. But if your a Hard Core RPG fan this game will be fantastic. Expand
  35. DavidD.
    Jun 9, 2005
    One. Great. Game. The best 2D Zelda there ever was, and I haven't tried Four Swords yet (because hardly anyone I know bought it)
  36. Babydoll
    Apr 17, 2005
    I voted 5 because i think you could of done a whole lot better on the gameboy advance zelda games like cmon mario cart has heaps better graphics and in the game cube for the legend of zelda the four swords is like a cartoon character.
  37. JhonC.
    Jan 30, 2005
    This is the best super mario game ever and zelda sucks!
  38. WayneW.
    Jan 16, 2005
    I managed to get a freind with the game but it doesnt let the two of us play it says"linking up" and then nothing happens. HELP!!!!
  39. MattC.
    Dec 12, 2004
    Best game EVER.
  40. JayZ.
    Jul 19, 2004
    One of the best Nintendo games ever created, and A Link to the Past lives up to that title in this GBA version. The thing that I don't like is they took out the Chris Houlihan room, which was real fun to back in the day. And I haven't even had an attempt at playing Four Swords yet, since I can't find a buddy with a GBA and this game. Aside from that, everything is perfect One of the best Nintendo games ever created, and A Link to the Past lives up to that title in this GBA version. The thing that I don't like is they took out the Chris Houlihan room, which was real fun to back in the day. And I haven't even had an attempt at playing Four Swords yet, since I can't find a buddy with a GBA and this game. Aside from that, everything is perfect and flawless. Expand
  41. AlexG.
    Jul 9, 2004
    This game = Best. Zelda game. Ever.
  42. AlexA.
    Jun 28, 2004
    It is challenging and it is hard to beat the game and the desert level.
  43. VantilborghyJ.
    Apr 26, 2004
    A real classic. A masterpiece. Unmissable. You have to play this. Four swords is also very good, can't wait for 'four swords adventures'
  44. Marc
    Mar 21, 2004
    A classic. Plain and simple. Get it now. RIGHT NOW.
  45. ColeB.
    Mar 6, 2004
    I couldn't figure out where to go...
  46. MikeS.
    Feb 14, 2004
    One of the funnest games i've played! probably the best adventure game.
  47. MattR.
    Feb 2, 2004
    The best game ever.It is a must have game.
  48. LingoBob
    Jan 30, 2004
    This game has everything you could want. I wish the bosses weren't so repetitive though.
  49. Sariachan
    Dec 7, 2003
    ALttP isn't the Zelda title I prefer above the others, but the one with the better designed dungeons, I think.
  50. GordonS.
    Aug 14, 2003
    This is a sick game!!!!
  51. SunnyW.
    Jul 24, 2003
    THIS GAME ROCKS!!!!!!!!
  52. LevitonK.
    Jul 12, 2003
    Possibly the best port of any game to the GBA that you will ever see. If you've played the original on the Super Nintendo, and loved it, I suggest that you get this one, too. Almost nothing is changed from the SNES version, which makes it awesome (and a good laugh against people who play it that say the graphics could be better.) And if you are lucky enough to have another friend Possibly the best port of any game to the GBA that you will ever see. If you've played the original on the Super Nintendo, and loved it, I suggest that you get this one, too. Almost nothing is changed from the SNES version, which makes it awesome (and a good laugh against people who play it that say the graphics could be better.) And if you are lucky enough to have another friend that does have this game (I was one to be with two friends) it will make the gameplay much better: with the new multiplayer mode and the new palace and secret move you can get. Nonetheless, this game is a must get. Expand
  53. SeanK.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I have been playin this game for ever and im still stuck at a part where you need to require the moon pearl. I only have an idea of where it is and I dont know how to get there.and ideas would be greatly appreciated.
  54. ZiggyStardust
    May 6, 2003
    If you haven't played the Super Nintendo version, this is totally the best game you could buy on the gba. It hasn't changed from the Snes version (which is a good thing). The only thing added is a multiplayer game - but it's not usually handy to have 2+ gbas and 2+ carts.
  55. NikF
    May 2, 2003
    Very good game!!!!!!!
  56. ME
    Apr 27, 2003
    It is an excellent game until you realize that a lot of it, including the palace of four swords and the third lumberjacks rules, are not worth it unless you have someone to link up with. That means you need someone with another game boy advance, and another link to the past game cartridge.
  57. MattG.
    Apr 20, 2003
    This game is very good. I thought it was going to be stupid but it has a lot of action and you dont know what will happen in like other games. All in all this game is probloly my favorite game for GBA SP and im trying to get all my friends to buy it also...(you should to!)
  58. RyanB.
    Apr 7, 2003
    This game is great it has all the things you need to make a fun game. Its a classic but awesome game.
  59. JJK.
    Mar 21, 2003
    I've been playing it for about an hour and I was completely taken back to 1993 and playing Zelda on my SNES. I love it, it is what I have been waiting for on the GBA. I can't wait until I can play the multi-player game with some friends.
  60. M.B.
    Feb 15, 2003
    Link to the past is the best Zelda game ever, but i don't know anyone else with a gameboy advance and the same game, so i can't play four swords...I just wish that they made something so that you could play Four Swords with computer players.
  61. G.Reymen
    Jan 14, 2003
    By the 30 minutes i played this at my friends, it is an excellent game. Graphics could be better, but its on my birthday list!
  62. LukeH.
    Jan 7, 2003
    This game is the greatest game ever made! It was tremendous on the SNES and i've played many many games on many many other systems since, and no game even comes close to a Link to the Past.
  63. Riu
    Jan 2, 2003
    I agree with Michael P. but only 1 thing has changed link(you) makes those sounds when he slashes his sword...like in the N64 game. (I also agree with the four swords thing.)
    Dec 31, 2002
    Even though it is like the one for the Super Nintendo, it still might make some Zelda fans happy that they can play a Zelda game on the road or anywhere they might be.
  65. MichaelP.
    Dec 30, 2002
    This game is exactly the same as the Zelda on Super Nintendo. Nothing changed. I am also disappointed that the only way to play Four Swords is if you have at least two players, which means: Another person with a GBA, the Zelda Game, and link cables. Very Upsetting!
  66. DigitalThug
    Dec 25, 2002
    I owned this game for Super Nintendo. I've had Game Boy Advance for about a year and this is the only game I purchased. It's the only game worth purchasing. Only my opinion don't trash me because your favorite games aren't on my list.
  67. FlameSniper
    Dec 22, 2002
    Oh c'mon. This game is cool and stuff alright. But i would rather like FF7 remaked on gba or something :P
  68. Puddle
    Dec 12, 2002
    I simply love this game!!!!!
  69. J.Palm
    Dec 5, 2002
    This is the best GBA game i have so far.
  70. Jan 4, 2011

Metroid Prime (Trilogy)
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Resident Evil 4
    Tetris DS
    Words with Friends (Scrabble)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mike Tysonâ

An indispensable game, combining arguably the finest RPG/adventure the 16-bit era ever produced (even compared to the likes of Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy VI) with an expertly realised multiplayer rendition of Zelda.
  2. The adventure is long, involving, challenging and presented to perfection with beautiful graphics and a stunning soundtrack.
  3. Not having to dig out the SNES and clean out the cartridge port is nice enough, but to play this classic game on the bus? Pure Nirvana. [Feb 2003, p.74]