9.0

1. Jun 18, 2011
    One thing I love about the Zelda series that never ceases to impress me, is the fact that each game introduces an entirely new world, even if the world is one we should be familiar with. Despite being shorter than most Zelda games, I loved the style and lore introduced in this one, as I do with it in most other Zelda games. Sure it was lighter in one sense, but the villain is great and theOne thing I love about the Zelda series that never ceases to impress me, is the fact that each game introduces an entirely new world, even if the world is one we should be familiar with. Despite being shorter than most Zelda games, I loved the style and lore introduced in this one, as I do with it in most other Zelda games. Sure it was lighter in one sense, but the villain is great and the level design is probably the best I've seen out of all the 2D Zelda games. The story kind of reminds me of a Miyazaki movie and the amount you can do around the world, like in any Zelda game, is vast - and in order to unlock everything due to a certain timescale centered around the completion of dungeons, there's a pretty good replay value to it. Also, at first I was iffy with the fact that your hat talks and acts as your "fairy" character, but in the long run it was very enjoyable factor and also the ability to change size from normal to small and back again was awesome. It's a really good game! Collapse
  2. Nov 9, 2011
    Some people find that this Zelda game is short but it is actually quite long for a Game Boy Advance game, and fun for that matter. The puzzles and the world feel so new and the gameplay has rarely been better for a 2D Zelda. The bosses are the most difficult in the history of Zelda.
  3. Oct 26, 2014
    This game blew mah goddamn mind!!

This game blew mah goddamn mind!!

I'm a Zelda fan and always have been it's true, but I can admit when a Zelda game is bad. *cough* Spirit Tracks. *cough* However I have yet to find a true handheld Zelda game that stuck out to me. I tried a lot in my past and they never seemed to really cut it for me. Recently my fiancee handed me Minish Cap and I gave it a try. IT BLEW MAH GODDAMN MIND!!! I used to believe I knew my top three Zelda titles.

1. Ocarina of Time
    2. Twilight Princess
    3. A Link to the Past

However, after playing through Minish Cap I finally realized that my childhood, an nostalgia would have to get in the backseat of the car and shut up and let Minish Cap drive. I have since changed my favorite list.

1. Minish Cap
    2. Ocarina of Time
    3. Twilight Princess

Let me run you through as to why this game blew mah goddamn mind.

1st off...SWORD LASERS!!! I have missed the ability to fire sword lasers, and to finally see them given back to you in Minish Cap was just so overwhelmingly awesome that I forgot all about Ocarina of Times **** charged spin crap. Now of course you have to learn to fire your sword lasers but I don't care...it's worth it.

2nd off...Vaati!! I love Ganon as much as the next guy but it was super refreshing to finally see a new bad guy, and I think he does it well. He's evil to a certain point that he's kind of creepy, and where Ganon has failed multiple times Vaati pulls off his plan the first time. I love him, he's a manipulator, not a power house like Ganon.

3rd off...The gameplay is rock solid and a serious upgrade from old Link to the Past. I love figuring out how to apply all of my awesome items, and I believe remote bombs should have been in every Zelda game ever. This gameplay is so rock solid that I have yet to get frustrated with something not working the way it should. Much like in Ocarina of Time...your stupid **** boomerang always flew in a different pattern every time. This did not do anything like that.

4th **** remake of the original Zelda dungeon theme...just...blew mah goddamn mind!! That's also to say the music was some of the best I've ever heard. The music is the best in the Zelda series as far as I'm concerned. I had no idea my GameBoy could produce such lovely melodies.

5th off...It blew mah goddamn mind!!

Safe to say if you have a GameBoy or even a DS get Minish Cap. It will blow your goddamn mind!!
  4. Dec 16, 2010
    Minish Cap is a great game!NO JOKE!The traditional over head style is just back with some new elements now!Still not as good as A Link to the Past, but very enjoyable!BUY IT, ZELDA FANS!NOW!
  5. May 26, 2011
    I played through the whole game, and I though to myself: Wow. Jaw-dropping visuals, massive bosses, and a fantastic story and soundtrack make this a must-play in the Zelda series.
  6. Nov 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game was pretty good. Although it felt a bit too simple at some parts and then at other parts it became very frustrating. I didn't like how it was possible to skip obtaining the light arrows and then not being able to get them later. Other than that though, this game was amazing. Expand
  7. Apr 3, 2012
    This was the first Zelda game I played and pretty much the only one I really liked. The shrinking gimmick is probably my favourite part of the gameplay - the world of Minish is just as fascinating as Hyurle, and even something as simple as a rain drop seems like a scariest downpour when you're just 1 inch long. The dungeons are intriguing and graphics are some of the best on GBA. HighlyThis was the first Zelda game I played and pretty much the only one I really liked. The shrinking gimmick is probably my favourite part of the gameplay - the world of Minish is just as fascinating as Hyurle, and even something as simple as a rain drop seems like a scariest downpour when you're just 1 inch long. The dungeons are intriguing and graphics are some of the best on GBA. Highly recommended! Expand
  8. Jul 31, 2014
    It's certainly on the shorter side when it comes to length in the Zelda series. Keep in mind though, it's a GBA game. Even so, the graphics are really nice, the overworld is quite large and the dungeons are clever as in pretty much every Zelda game. It's very underrated, mostly due to the fact that it came out when the DS had already been out. But, if you haven't played it, get it on theIt's certainly on the shorter side when it comes to length in the Zelda series. Keep in mind though, it's a GBA game. Even so, the graphics are really nice, the overworld is quite large and the dungeons are clever as in pretty much every Zelda game. It's very underrated, mostly due to the fact that it came out when the DS had already been out. But, if you haven't played it, get it on the Wii U Virtual Console! 10/10 Expand
  9. Jun 24, 2013
    This is by far the best hand-held Zelda game to I've played. There are plenty of fresh ideas that help to change the experience up. Everything from the shrinking mechanic to the excellent graphics help make this game superb. I must play for anyone with a Game Boy Advance.
  10. Jan 14, 2014
    This is a perfect example of a Zelda game done right. The game feels familiar enough while also setting itself as a whole new adventure. Everything from the swordplay to the dungeons to the exploration is done just right. Mix that in with a beautiful presentation and a stunning soundtrack, and there is a fantastic experience unlike any other. Unfortunately, this gem is not flawless: itsThis is a perfect example of a Zelda game done right. The game feels familiar enough while also setting itself as a whole new adventure. Everything from the swordplay to the dungeons to the exploration is done just right. Mix that in with a beautiful presentation and a stunning soundtrack, and there is a fantastic experience unlike any other. Unfortunately, this gem is not flawless: its rough edges come in the form of side quests that felt lacking and occasionally frustrating, as well as the adventure ending far too soon. Also, the story, while it has great characters and moments, does feel a tad thin, and the villain, while cool, isn't very different from Ganondorf in essence. Yet even these blemishes can't possibly take away from a truly magical Zelda game. Expand
  11. Jun 27, 2014
    The minish cap is one of my favorite zelda games of all time. I had so much fun playing it and just the aspect of being able to shrink down to the size of a pikori was awesome. It felt really alive and happy and the town was great. Just thinking about it now makes me want to go back and play it again
  12. Feb 7, 2014
    Another amazing game of this amazing series. It's shorter than the others but still you'll have fun when playing it. Especially, I really love the puzzles, they're just mindblowing.
  13. Mar 24, 2014
    It's just so charming and fun. Still stunning and lovely to look at. The Minish Cap & The Wind Waker are my favourite Zelda games because they're timeless.
  14. Mar 9, 2015
    Without a doubt, this game is the absolute best 2D entry in the Legend of Zelda series. It's up there with the best like Ocarina of Time, a true masterpiece of game design.
  15. Jun 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After playing through The Minish Cap, I think it's safe to say that this is one of the most underrated Zelda games ever made. I've seen fans of the franchise that hate Ocatina of time because it's overrated, or Wind Waker becaus of its cartoonish graphics,or Skyward Sword because of the motion controls. But no-one hated on this well-made bite-sized side-story of Link, Ezlo and Vaati. So let's get the negatives out of the way first; the game is too easy and short. I ran through the dungeons until the Palace Of Winds which was hard because of faliing hazard. But that is the only hitch in this game, the rest is, pretty, charming and colourful environments, dungeons full of puzzles that may leave you thinking of them through the night, and a new (and cool) companion that doesn't demand you to listen every 10 seconds (Navi I'm looking at you!), there are plenty of cool sidequests (not the figurines) including the Kinstone fusions that reward you with Pieces Of Heart, Kinstone pieces (seriously Nintendo?), or they may perhaps allow you to progress through other sidequests. Now to the story. Well, you know the Zelda franchise don't you? The story is amazing, you are Link, and you are friends with the Princess of Hyrule, Zelda, now the sorcerer Vaati casted a curse on the princess and turned her to stone. And then you go on a journey to reforge the sacred Picori Blade, to do that, you should enter the world of the Minish, and to do that you should find Ezlo, who will be your companion through this journey. Now you should find the four elements to infuse them with the broken blade, which will eventually become the White Sword and then the Four Sword. During your quest, you will learn about the origins of Vaati, and how he was Ezlo's student. Then, Ezlo will possess the king, they will be sent to search for the light force, and bla bla bla.. I spoiled everything.

Pros:
    +Great story
    +Mind-cracking puzzles
    +Cool shrinking mechanic
    +Pretty and colourful environments
    +Amazing Sidequests

Cons:
    -Easy and small dungeons
    -Figurines

Rating: 9.1/10
  16. Jul 26, 2014
    Man is this game underrated. Just like any portable Zelda game, this game gets so overlooked that is disgusting. The worst thing is probably that is one of the best games to introduce new players into the series, along with Wind Waker. It has it's flaws and there's really more enganging Zelda's out there, but I think we must stand for this little gem for what it is.
  17. Aug 28, 2014
    When I see a Nintendo game with the Zelda name on it, I immediately pick it up, the same went for Minish Cap, and boy did it deliver. Handheld Zeldas are frequently overlooked, and this one is the most overlooked of all the overlooked Zeldas, as you turn on the game, you find the Capcom logo in front of you, so you know it's gonna be awesome, right? Well, the graphics are colorful andWhen I see a Nintendo game with the Zelda name on it, I immediately pick it up, the same went for Minish Cap, and boy did it deliver. Handheld Zeldas are frequently overlooked, and this one is the most overlooked of all the overlooked Zeldas, as you turn on the game, you find the Capcom logo in front of you, so you know it's gonna be awesome, right? Well, the graphics are colorful and pleasing, the dungeons may be easy, but they are well designed and have some unique items -Gust Jar, Cane of Pacci and the Mole Mitts- that have unique uses. The story is different from what you expect a Zelda story to be and it still delivers. There are a lot of sidequests including the damned figurine quest which I hate completely, and the Kinstone fusions are a new and innovative addition. This game is suitable for everyone and it's a perfect introduction to the series. If you find it for a good price, then don't hesitate to get it! Expand
  18. Sep 2, 2014
    for me this is the best 2d nintendo game ever made even more then link to the past metroid mario bros 1 and 3 and links awakening nintendo at its best i really sad this is the worst selling game because people should play this game
  19. Mar 16, 2015
    Zelda The Minish Cap ! Meiner Meinung nach der grandiose Abschluss der GB-Reihe und ein Muss für jeden Adventureliebhaber ;) Das war eigentlich das Zelda mit dem größten Charmefaktor sowie vielen neuen Ideen . Klar , die ersten Zeldas (OoT , AoL) hatten wahnsinnig viel Neues zu bieten , aber auch The Minish Cap konnte in diesem Punkt überzeugen ! Die Schwierigkeit war gut und für ein 2D -Zelda The Minish Cap ! Meiner Meinung nach der grandiose Abschluss der GB-Reihe und ein Muss für jeden Adventureliebhaber ;) Das war eigentlich das Zelda mit dem größten Charmefaktor sowie vielen neuen Ideen . Klar , die ersten Zeldas (OoT , AoL) hatten wahnsinnig viel Neues zu bieten , aber auch The Minish Cap konnte in diesem Punkt überzeugen ! Die Schwierigkeit war gut und für ein 2D - Zelda hatte es echt viel zu bieten . Die Story war nicht hingeklatscht und die Bosskämpfe episch . Wirklich ein gelungenes Game ! Expand
  20. Jun 18, 2011

1. The game may be short by the franchise's standards, but every minute of it is breathtaking.
    Thankfully, longevity hasn't been sacrificed for the sake of beauty: the main quest alone will take the average gamer a minimum of fifteen hours and that's without spending a single moment delving into the fabulous subquests, which will double, even triple that time...A stunning and wondrous game.
  3. Outside of a slightly boring midgame stretch in which you're tracking down overdue library books (no, really) and an overly tough final boss, this is a flawless portable adventure. [Feb 2005, p.91]