The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap Game Boy Advance

9.0

1. Jun 18, 2011
    One thing I love about the Zelda series that never ceases to impress me, is the fact that each game introduces an entirely new world, even if the world is one we should be familiar with. Despite being shorter than most Zelda games, I loved the style and lore introduced in this one, as I do with it in most other Zelda games. Sure it was lighter in one sense, but the villain is great and theOne thing I love about the Zelda series that never ceases to impress me, is the fact that each game introduces an entirely new world, even if the world is one we should be familiar with. Despite being shorter than most Zelda games, I loved the style and lore introduced in this one, as I do with it in most other Zelda games. Sure it was lighter in one sense, but the villain is great and the level design is probably the best I've seen out of all the 2D Zelda games. The story kind of reminds me of a Miyazaki movie and the amount you can do around the world, like in any Zelda game, is vast - and in order to unlock everything due to a certain timescale centered around the completion of dungeons, there's a pretty good replay value to it. Also, at first I was iffy with the fact that your hat talks and acts as your "fairy" character, but in the long run it was very enjoyable factor and also the ability to change size from normal to small and back again was awesome. It's a really good game! Expand
  2. Nov 9, 2011
    Some people find that this Zelda game is short but it is actually quite long for a Game Boy Advance game, and fun for that matter. The puzzles and the world feel so new and the gameplay has rarely been better for a 2D Zelda. The bosses are the most difficult in the history of Zelda.
  3. Jan 14, 2014
    This is a perfect example of a Zelda game done right. The game feels familiar enough while also setting itself as a whole new adventure. Everything from the swordplay to the dungeons to the exploration is done just right. Mix that in with a beautiful presentation and a stunning soundtrack, and there is a fantastic experience unlike any other. Unfortunately, this gem is not flawless: itsThis is a perfect example of a Zelda game done right. The game feels familiar enough while also setting itself as a whole new adventure. Everything from the swordplay to the dungeons to the exploration is done just right. Mix that in with a beautiful presentation and a stunning soundtrack, and there is a fantastic experience unlike any other. Unfortunately, this gem is not flawless: its rough edges come in the form of side quests that felt lacking and occasionally frustrating, as well as the adventure ending far too soon. Also, the story, while it has great characters and moments, does feel a tad thin, and the villain, while cool, isn't very different from Ganondorf in essence. Yet even these blemishes can't possibly take away from a truly magical Zelda game. Expand
  4. Sep 2, 2014
    for me this is the best 2d nintendo game ever made even more then link to the past metroid mario bros 1 and 3 and links awakening nintendo at its best i really sad this is the worst selling game because people should play this game
  5. I.L.
    Sep 6, 2006
    Pretty much the best 2d Zelda since A Link to the Past. If it was longer it would be the better than LTTP.
  6. Oct 26, 2014
    This game blew mah goddamn mind!!

This game blew mah goddamn mind!!

I'm a Zelda fan and always have been it's true, but I can admit when a Zelda game is bad. *cough* Spirit Tracks. *cough* However I have yet to find a true handheld Zelda game that stuck out to me. I tried a lot in my past and they never seemed to really cut it for me. Recently my fiancee handed me Minish Cap and I gave it a try. IT BLEW MAH GODDAMN MIND!!! I used to believe I knew my top three Zelda titles.

1. Ocarina of Time
    2. Twilight Princess
    3. A Link to the Past

However, after playing through Minish Cap I finally realized that my childhood, an nostalgia would have to get in the backseat of the car and shut up and let Minish Cap drive. I have since changed my favorite list.

1. Minish Cap
    2. Ocarina of Time
    3. Twilight Princess

Let me run you through as to why this game blew mah goddamn mind.

1st off...SWORD LASERS!!! I have missed the ability to fire sword lasers, and to finally see them given back to you in Minish Cap was just so overwhelmingly awesome that I forgot all about Ocarina of Times **** charged spin crap. Now of course you have to learn to fire your sword lasers but I don't care...it's worth it.

2nd off...Vaati!! I love Ganon as much as the next guy but it was super refreshing to finally see a new bad guy, and I think he does it well. He's evil to a certain point that he's kind of creepy, and where Ganon has failed multiple times Vaati pulls off his plan the first time. I love him, he's a manipulator, not a power house like Ganon.

3rd off...The gameplay is rock solid and a serious upgrade from old Link to the Past. I love figuring out how to apply all of my awesome items, and I believe remote bombs should have been in every Zelda game ever. This gameplay is so rock solid that I have yet to get frustrated with something not working the way it should. Much like in Ocarina of Time...your stupid **** boomerang always flew in a different pattern every time. This did not do anything like that.

4th **** remake of the original Zelda dungeon theme...just...blew mah goddamn mind!! That's also to say the music was some of the best I've ever heard. The music is the best in the Zelda series as far as I'm concerned. I had no idea my GameBoy could produce such lovely melodies.

5th off...It blew mah goddamn mind!!

Safe to say if you have a GameBoy or even a DS get Minish Cap. It will blow your goddamn mind!!
  7. Jul 16, 2015
    **** love this ,, best hand held zelda game everrrr,, the items are awsommee... This gane is better then a link between worlds honestly.. I took this game for granted yo
  8. AlisonR.
    Jan 6, 2005
    A stunningly beautiful game with much replay value. Perfect for all ages.
  9. Peter
    Feb 20, 2005
    Wow! i just finished it and i am in awe. i hooked it up to my game boy player and it was like link to the past but even better(well, just as darn good!) on the regular tv screen! i recently wrote a bad review on four swords because, well, it sucked, but this game picks the series back up by its boot straps, i am only sad that i have to wait for another for a long time now.
  10. Yzarc
    Feb 4, 2005
    This game rocks.
  11. Neos
    Mar 19, 2008
    why are all the bad reviews by reviewers you never hear of or ones that dont know a thing about video games new york times wtf cheat code central sounds like they should stick to cheat codes. Now to every one who says this game is to hard suck it up the puzzles are a 5 out of 10 vati is a 7 out of ten
  12. W.H.
    Dec 1, 2004
    Beautiful graphics that blend the style of Wind Waker with the beauty of A Link To The Past, brilliant music, and the inimitable style of gameplay that has consistently put the Zelda franchise above all others. An instant classic.
  13. MathijsK.
    Dec 28, 2004
    This is a very nice game!!!
  14. JonH.
    Feb 2, 2005
    Amazing, so great that this comes out now after the big disappoint of the nintendo ds, the first great game i got for it is this one and it's a gameboy advance game.
  15. TrailTears
    Mar 5, 2005
    Even though at the beginning it's a little boring, it gets better as it goes on. Difficult to get all the stuff, and if you don't get it on time, you miss it for all the game (light arrows and kinstone fusion). Besides of that, it's a great Zelda game.
  16. AB
    Apr 27, 2005
    The fact that The Minish Cap may be the last truly great GBA game is sad. But it's great that The Minish Cap is good enough to replace all of the bad that will come. The puzzles are as brilliant as you would expect, and the amazing graphics are even more. The replay value is excellent if only because collecting the hearts and figurines feels possible as opposed to other Zelda games. The fact that The Minish Cap may be the last truly great GBA game is sad. But it's great that The Minish Cap is good enough to replace all of the bad that will come. The puzzles are as brilliant as you would expect, and the amazing graphics are even more. The replay value is excellent if only because collecting the hearts and figurines feels possible as opposed to other Zelda games. The only complaint I can think of is that the bosses are fairly easy. Even so, they are still very fun. The Minish Cap is a portable masterpiece that will tide fans over for the new Legend of Zelda for GameCube. Expand
  17. JohnQ.
    Feb 17, 2007
    Great graphics, great game, more difficult puzzles. The only thing about this game is that if you don't have a walkthrough there are a few puzzles that statistically impossible to figure out with trial and error without spending several hours --- esp, the blue / red floor tiles. To me, there is no point of having a puzzle based on trial and error rather than clever thinking. I Great graphics, great game, more difficult puzzles. The only thing about this game is that if you don't have a walkthrough there are a few puzzles that statistically impossible to figure out with trial and error without spending several hours --- esp, the blue / red floor tiles. To me, there is no point of having a puzzle based on trial and error rather than clever thinking. I finished a Link to the Past, then this one. Looking forward to a new release. Tried Final Fantasy, just didn't like it -- the great thing about Zelda titles is that they have a great story line, puzzles, and when you fight (unline FF) it is live action. I tried a few other games -- but again, esp on the game boy micro, Zelda delivers esp in the area of keeping the scenes / characters large enough for comfortable play. Overall, this is a great game! Expand
  18. GameZ.
    Aug 30, 2007
    It was a very fun and addicting game.
  19. Raven
    Nov 20, 2004
    Probably the best Zelda game on GBA (not including the remake of the snes Link to the Past) to date. Great fun to play with a sufficient number of dungeons to complete, though maybe a little simplistic at times.
  20. MauriceR.
    Jan 21, 2005
    Terrific game. I am a huge Zelda fan and this one does not dissapoint. I love the Wind Waker influence. Great story and perfect game controls. It's a testament to how good this game when I even play it while in my living room!
  21. ElcheezyE.
    Feb 17, 2005
    Solid, fun RPG that holds up brilliantly to the old SNES classic, A Link to the Past.
  22. ZacharyW.
    Feb 19, 2005
    I love this game.
  23. JoshuaB.
    Mar 19, 2005
    It is a great game with all the old and new.I've played all kinds of games.But this is going to be a Classic for me. And a great memory!
  24. KarlM.
    May 19, 2005
    This is unlikely to be the last great GBA release, especially with the new micro appearing soon. When i first heard about this game being franchised out to capcom I was skepticle especially with it being the legendary zelda series. but Capcom have excelled themselves. A truly great GBA game. If they were still making SNES games this would be considered one of the best. Slightly short This is unlikely to be the last great GBA release, especially with the new micro appearing soon. When i first heard about this game being franchised out to capcom I was skepticle especially with it being the legendary zelda series. but Capcom have excelled themselves. A truly great GBA game. If they were still making SNES games this would be considered one of the best. Slightly short compared to other Zelda titles but every moment is gaming gold. Expand
  25. MaddieS.
    Sep 27, 2005
    This is one of my favourite games ever!!!!!!! There is literally only one thing wrong with this game and that is thatI have about 2 kinstones left to find and I CAN'T FIND THEM!!!
  26. H.H.
    Nov 16, 2004
    Great game.
  27. Shane
    Jan 11, 2005
    The game looks incredible... my favorite game is A Link to the Past and this won't dethrone it, but the gameplay is similar with some improvements.
  28. IsaacC.
    Mar 23, 2005
    I would recommend it to any Zelda fans, even though I liked Link to the Past more. It was longer, harder, and more fun Minish Cap. Minish Cap's still good, but the whole Minish and shrinking idea is kinda dumb, I think.
  29. Amanda
    Mar 28, 2005
    This is a great game i just still dont know how to get the light arrows.
  30. DonnieB.
    Jul 26, 2005
    This is the best legend of zelda game yet for any hand held system. I recommend you should buy it.

#1 Most Discussed Game Boy Advance Game of 2005
#2 Most Shared Game Boy Advance Game of 2005

1. The game may be short by the franchise's standards, but every minute of it is breathtaking.
    Thankfully, longevity hasn't been sacrificed for the sake of beauty: the main quest alone will take the average gamer a minimum of fifteen hours and that's without spending a single moment delving into the fabulous subquests, which will double, even triple that time...A stunning and wondrous game.
  3. GMR Magazine
    Outside of a slightly boring midgame stretch in which you're tracking down overdue library books (no, really) and an overly tough final boss, this is a flawless portable adventure. [Feb 2005, p.91]