Van Helsing Game Boy Advance
6.3

1. EdS.
    May 14, 2004
    I must say, a very impressive game. It follows the movie pretty faithfully, and even has a few scenes not in the movie. The interface took some getting used to, and the graphics and sound prevent me from rating this game any higher. But the overall enjoyment of being Van Helsing and combating the forces of Darkness is enough for me to play this game. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys I must say, a very impressive game. It follows the movie pretty faithfully, and even has a few scenes not in the movie. The interface took some getting used to, and the graphics and sound prevent me from rating this game any higher. But the overall enjoyment of being Van Helsing and combating the forces of Darkness is enough for me to play this game. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys having a GBA. Really Expand
  2. NickB.
    May 26, 2004
    No really, this game is really good. Actually, GameSpot is the only site that has given it a bad score. Well any way it is a good game. If you enjoyed the gba lord of the rings games, youll like this.

1. Mildly intriguing, this action-adventure - based on the motion picture of the same name - offers thrills and chills in limited amounts. [Summer 2004, p.43]
  2. Responsive play control and detailed graphics will make you want to venture deep into the story, but difficult battles against incidental enemies may keep you from your goal. [Aug 2004, p.123]
  3. The game is a repetitive button masher that requires a shade more intelligence than a potted fern to operate, and players can expect to just keep going through the same thing over and over again screen after screen, level after level, with a few new weapon upgrades that really won’t add any excitement. The collision detection is horrible, and the game loses any fun value after about the first 15 minutes.