8.1

1. BOB
    Dec 30, 2003
    Ok. for those of you who actually LIKED the first 1080, then buy the new one. BECAUSE IT IS THE EXACT SAME GAME W/ SAME CHARACTERS. just different levels and music. WHOOOOOPEEEEE!!! i personally hated the original 1080, even though i own it. what a waste of money. i got the new one as a gift and stupidly opened it before i realized how bad it was going to be. you just go down the hillOk. for those of you who actually LIKED the first 1080, then buy the new one. BECAUSE IT IS THE EXACT SAME GAME W/ SAME CHARACTERS. just different levels and music. WHOOOOOPEEEEE!!! i personally hated the original 1080, even though i own it. what a waste of money. i got the new one as a gift and stupidly opened it before i realized how bad it was going to be. you just go down the hill racing the other players, and the same announcer is still there. there are only 3 easy tracks, 4 hard ones, and 5 XTREME hard ones, but i beat the game in a single afternoon. NO REPLAYABILITY. what crap. please dont waste your money. i have never played an SSX game myself, but i hope it is better than this pile of dog shat. Expand
  2. KyleW.
    Dec 22, 2003
    Are you losers insane? This game has got to be THE WORST game I have ever played. Worse than Amped, worse than Spyro, worse than sour milk left in the sun for 3 days! The whole game blows, it's just as bad, if not worse than the original! I own 2 of the 3 SSX games, and they completely blow this game out of the water. With superior graphics, sound, controls, replayability, Are you losers insane? This game has got to be THE WORST game I have ever played. Worse than Amped, worse than Spyro, worse than sour milk left in the sun for 3 days! The whole game blows, it's just as bad, if not worse than the original! I own 2 of the 3 SSX games, and they completely blow this game out of the water. With superior graphics, sound, controls, replayability, multiplayer, and everything!!! IF you say you want a racing game, stick with the SSX series, you people are always saying that "1080 is for racers", complete bull crap, the day this can be called a racing game is the day I shave my head, and stick little novelty chickens to it with super glue. Yeah, maybe you get a different perception of speed with 1080 because of some blurring effects, but does that really matter? NO! Ssx's racing style is like no other. Great feel of speed WITHOUT cheesy blurr effects, a style that can be combined to fit tricks into it if you want to race. IE tricking to get boost. Uhh.. Where else to hate... The characters... How crappy is this? Have you people even TRIED any of the ssx games? hu? Thats what I thought. Your all stupid for thinking this game is any good. okay, lets compare. SSX - Fully customizable characters. 1080 - Nothing. SSX - Great amount of replayability. 1080 - NOTHING. SSX - Slits the throat of all the other sports games out there. 1080 - Cowers in the corner while SSX goes on it's killing rampage. Expand
  3. Lau
    Dec 31, 2003
    Simply put: 1080 is far too easy and way too short. It can be beaten in two, maybe three hours. This is definitely a rental. SSX3, on the other hand, will last you at least several weeks.

1. 7 / 7 / 7 / 7 - 28 [Vol 788; 23 Jan 2004]
  2. Avalanche imparts the varying depths of snow, anything from sheet ice to knee-deep drifts, much better than its nearest rivals. Crouching for speed, leaping precipices and then absorbing the shock upon landing is a majestic sensation only bettered by the original. [Feb 2004, p.104]
  3. We can't recommend this game enough. If it's an adrenalin rush you're after, then 1080° Avalanche could be the snowboarding rush you've dreamed of. From Nintendo, with Love.