7.1

1. Nov 2, 2013
    I used to play this all the time as a kid and I just recently dusted it off again. It is amazing how much higher my expectations are for graphics these days. I remember playing this nearly a decade ago and being amazed by it.
    The graphics do still stand up, but there are some odd moments. This game really shines by making you feel like you are Batman. The levels are very vey linear and by that I mean you have one and only one way to play through each level there isn't even a detour you can make through a level. You have to get rid of all the enemies in the same fashion.
    I think this game doesn't get enough credit. I really firmly believe that this game was a the great starting point for the Arkham video games. There are a lot of similarities between them.
  2. Nov 27, 2011
    It's a slow progressive game that defines a mixed taste , while Batman ( in that time) didn't had a fantastic moment in the gaming industry . Batman Begins , begins a good reputation to the grim hero .
  3. BlueFalcon
    Jul 30, 2005
    The graphics and presentation are nice, but the gameplay is seriously dumb. But I could see someone who hasn't played many games getting some enjoyment.
  4. DB
    Great Game.
    Jul 19, 2005
    Awesome Game, Forget the negative reviews.
  6. Kevin
    Jul 19, 2005
    This game is great. The graphics are hott, storyline is great. The game in general just draws you into it. It makes you want to play it all day even when you know you have better things to do.
  7. RyanK.
    Jul 12, 2005
    While the movie is far more better, "BATMAN BEGINS" is a perfect video game with action and the famous batmobile chases. Although it's not the greatest, it's not bad either, it's just a game based on a movie and it is very spectacular in ways!!!
  8. MikeM.
    Jul 9, 2005
    Overly linear, with a very limited number of kicks and punches as well as hardly any different enemies. Seeing Battyboy finish enemies with the same two finishing moves over the course of the entire game had me pulling my hair out by by the fistfulls. (Yeah, not to mention that I'm bald.) Overall a poor gaming experience.
  9. KarlM.
    Jun 26, 2005
    Requires no skill whatsoever to play, good for kids but as a game it shocks me that some reviewers have given this top marks.

1. In the end or in the beginning if you like, Batman Begins is a good game, just falling short of great due to the linearity.
  2. Requiring only five to seven hours to finish, and having virtually no replay value, only the most dedicated fans should own Batman Begins.
  3. Where the game really succeeds, however, beyond providing a robust and solid, if unassuming model of explorative stealth and attack, is in fulfilling that old and oft-forgotten criterion - putting the gamer inside the movie. [Aug 2005, p.95]