8.5

1. KarlN.
    Sep 21, 2007
    Given the hype about this game, arguably the best racing game for the GameCube, I was pretty disappointed. The other consoles certainly have better games. The cars, for a crashing game like this, handled too sim-like. The speed felt scary fast but the good speed didn't start until late in the game. There are lots of invisible walls, which I can tolerate for a game like this, I guess. Given the hype about this game, arguably the best racing game for the GameCube, I was pretty disappointed. The other consoles certainly have better games. The cars, for a crashing game like this, handled too sim-like. The speed felt scary fast but the good speed didn't start until late in the game. There are lots of invisible walls, which I can tolerate for a game like this, I guess. But there was something missing in the handling of the cars. My friends seemed to really like this one, so the designers must be doing something right, but I thought that it could have been better. Expand
  2. TimB.
    Jun 28, 2007
    Easily better than the original Burnout and with far better load times than Revenge on the PS2. This is the best racer I've ever played (except maybe Mario Kart Double Dash). PGR3 on 360 looks better of course but nowhere near the fun. I honestly don't know what they could have done to make it better except online play.
  3. A.S.
    Sep 17, 2005
    Awesome fun. i have the first burnout as well, but once you get burnout 2 you will never go back to playin burnout 1 (i tried and it was boring so i went back to burnout 2). it improves on everything that was in the first game and adds more. since gamecube owners wont be able to get any other burnouts this is the best on the system.
  4. PhilK.
    Apr 17, 2004
    This is an awesome game, but it has some flaws, the 2Player races get dull, fast. and when you are done you are pretty much done.... though I can't find one more medal, damn. But besides those flaws it is a solid racing game, more arcade then sim, but thats good, it is a pick up and go game. but all in all great game. %86
  5. DJ
    Nov 25, 2003
    T-h-e b-e-s-t r-a-c-e-r o-n g-a-m-e-c-u-b-e, b-a-r-n-o-n-e!...
  6. RC
    Oct 29, 2003
    Fabulous Game! Really a blast to play. My wife even loves it and she is NOT a gamer!!!
  7. MichaelS.
    Jul 4, 2003
    It was sweet! i played the first but, this was much better!
  8. FelipeA.
    Jul 2, 2003
    This game is the sh*t!!! fast, furious, great a.i., amazing colissions!!! is really the sh*t!!!!!!
  9. Uter
    Apr 5, 2003
    I think this is the best arcade racer to be released since Daytona USA. The speed and crashes are insane.

1. Few racers match the sheer excitement of unleashing the boost on a straightaway to the accompaniment of wailing guitars. [June 2003, p.68]
    The way a sequel should be: stuffed full of new features, better graphics, improved game play, and be so damn addicting that you can not put it down, even to go to the bathroom.
  3. Combines tight control and frantic game play with stunning audio/visuals that scream next-generation from start to finish.